Author Topic: Jim Henson Company severs relationship with Chik-Fil-A  (Read 8682 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Jim Henson Company severs relationship with Chik-Fil-A
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 10:52:45 pm »
Why does it seem only douchebags have a problem with Muppets? Chick Fil a, Fox News, Courtney Love. I've never heard a sane thing against them.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Saturn500

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 10:56:52 pm »
Because being a douchebag is a requirement to hate awesome things.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:07 am »
To quote Winchester from M*A*S*H....

"Gentlemen, Boston would have banned Pinnochio."

Aren't they generally known for banning a lot of things?

Generally, such bannings are the result of the sort of conservative “think of the children” moral outrage and overreactions that would usually wind up on the other side of the SSM debate.
-A Pen Name

Art Vandelay

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 08:08:09 am »
Holy shit, I've just realised that I've been pronouncing (or rather reading in my head) "Chick-fil-A" all wrong. Up until now, I always thought it was pronounced "Chick-fil-ah" rather than "Chick-fil-aiye". It does makes a hell of a lot more sense, come to think of it.

shykid

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:44 am »

Ironbite-they sure do practice "Christian" values don't they?

Classy... lying out of your ass because you made an ass of yourself is apparently a traditional Christian value. Yup. Totally what Jesus would have done.

"There's a safety issue with these toys. We can't actually prove it but we know there is because... there totally is."

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:22 am »
Well, the safety issue is that association with them may make kids accept others for their differences.  Which is, you know, one of the core values of the Muppets for the last 40 years or so....