Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111267 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1470 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:38 am »
No they're not.  I thought everyon-*blows up*

Ironbite-*respawns*  K that was painful one.

Offline myusername

• Bishop

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1472 on: December 12, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »
Propaganda posters from extremist pro-life group Abolish Human Abortion

Abortion protects pedophiles? WTF????
They mean this Steve King idea where you take a girl you raped and have her abort to prevent her from telling. 

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1473 on: December 12, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

They mean this Steve King idea where you take a girl you raped and have her abort to prevent her from telling.

No no no. That's not quite what he said. He said he voted against making dog fighting illegal because kidnapping a girl, raping her, driving her across state lines to force her to have an abortion, and then dropping her off where you stole her in the first place- "and that's not against the law in the United States of America" <---exact words.

Here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJ7oVy20eo

It goes on after that a bit about how he has dogs and has "broken up a couple of dog fights"... because as we all know the occasional squabble between pets is totally the same as what goes on in the dog-fighting world.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:36:10 pm by Feral Dog »
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #1474 on: December 12, 2012, 04:29:02 pm »
Ah the old appeal to shock factor/gore trick that anti-choicers never tire of. Like I said before, knee surgery probably wouldn't be the most pleasant thing to watch but if you've got an injured knee, is that going to stop you? I'd hope not.

No. Difference. Whatsoever.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1475 on: December 12, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

No no no. That's not quite what he said. He said he voted against making dog fighting illegal because kidnapping a girl, raping her, driving her across state lines to force her to have an abortion, and then dropping her off where you stole her in the first place- "and that's not against the law in the United States of America" <---exact words.

Here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJ7oVy20eo

It goes on after that a bit about how he has dogs and has "broken up a couple of dog fights"... because as we all know the occasional squabble between pets is totally the same as what goes on in the dog-fighting world.

Oh yeah.  We all know kidnapping and raping a minor (or hell, a full grown woman) is TOTALLY legal.  Better yet, I'm sure NOBODY will notice she's gone, either!

Also, abortion and dog fighting are two separate issues anyway.

Maybe Steve King is just assuming that mosts rapists are fathers, so they can manage to rape their daughter and haul them across fucking STATE LINES without anybody blinking an eyelid.  Once at the abortion doctor, the dad can then proceed to force his daughter to lie and say something like she "had sex with a classmate" when she goes in to get an abortion.  The rape is still y'know, fucking illegal, but that's about the only scenario regarding his statements that sounds halfway feasible.  Hell, even then, I'd bet a lot of the coercion techniques used to keep the girl quiet would be crimes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:18:06 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1476 on: December 12, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »
Tobe fair he said no one he heard of got pregnant from Staturoy rape. 

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1477 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:40 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1478 on: December 13, 2012, 12:39:20 am »
Ah the old appeal to shock factor/gore trick that anti-choicers never tire of. Like I said before, knee surgery probably wouldn't be the most pleasant thing to watch but if you've got an injured knee, is that going to stop you? I'd hope not.

No. Difference. Whatsoever.

Honestly...I've seen worse on Discovery Health.

That, and well...perusing Encyclopedia Dramatica for long enough will pretty much make you immune to the goriest pictures, nastiest fetishes, and most offensive pejoratives.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1479 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:31 pm »

Kills who? Fetuses? There shouldn't be a goddam fetus if someone's taking the Pill.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1480 on: December 13, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

Kills who? Fetuses? There shouldn't be a goddam fetus if someone's taking the Pill.

Supposedly the Pill kills women.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1481 on: December 13, 2012, 05:41:36 pm »

How????
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1482 on: December 13, 2012, 06:27:00 pm »
overdosing they fear will happen if teenagers get Plan B or they could be saying a zygote is a person.  The first one is overdosing happens with all drugs

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1483 on: December 13, 2012, 08:02:53 pm »

How????

If your brain's starved enough of intelligence, you'd probably be stupid enough to eat a whole pack in a day, which likely would kill you.  Otherwise, aside from side effects which occur with any hormone-based drugs, they're perfectly safe.

That, or like Kefka said, they're going under the delusion that zygotes are people.  In which case, they're not only devoid of intelligence, but their brains are in danger of collapsing in on themselves.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1484 on: December 13, 2012, 08:05:45 pm »
Apparently it's about the fact that the pill has side effects, which are on occasion lethal. Y'know, like every other single medication ever.

Irony bonus: The website makes a huge deal about how Planned Parenthood says the pill is "Safe, effective, and convenient". But, in the very same page they link to, PP also has a list of side effects and contraindications for the pill. The lying bastards, how dare they force us to read the whole page.
Σא