Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112166 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1665 on: February 03, 2013, 01:28:30 am »
On the Star Wars note... roomie and I caught some of Lego Star Wars on Cartoon Network today.  We giggled like little kids.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1666 on: February 03, 2013, 03:08:30 am »
Honestly, I will say this --

The action is kinda better in the prequels.  The fight scenes feel more dramatic, and some of the sillier parts actually make sense because, well, it's basically high speed feinting and counter feinting.  Feinting is a useful tactic in sword fighting, especially when your swords are capable of cutting through flesh like a hot knife through better.

Though at the same time, the original trilogy's sword-fighting was more suspenseful, more thoughtful, and more like two samurai dueling.  So they both have their upsides and downsides really.

I hated it when Lucas decided to make the Dark Side less ambiguous, though.  The Dark Side is awesome and more overt, and negative emotions and energy isn't always a bad thing.  But no, anyone who uses the Dark Side is automatically evil, apparently.

Pity because the Grey Jedi sounded like they were interesting.

I have a grey jedi so... she definitely hates the idea she's evil because she uses light and dark.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1667 on: February 03, 2013, 08:50:13 am »
I dunno if racists realize this, but Europe really sucked for most of history. People lived in filth, they were always fighting each other, and the whitest of the whites(the Vikings, etc) weren't exactly civilized beings...

Also the seem to forget how geography can affect culture. The reason China, the Middle East, and Europe were so advanced was because they're all "horizontal", to traveling is easier, since then you don't have to deal with dramatic changes in climate. Africa and the America's aren't horizontal, so there's less place to travel. They can't trade stuff as much and aren't exposed to others much.

That's not exactly true.  People in Europe were actually very hygienic until after the Black Death.  They were fighting one another, but so were the Muslims, Amerindians, etc.  And the Vikings weren't just brutes.  They were poets, merchants, and politicians.  Vikings had democracy, equal rights for women, and a vast network of trade routes.  Europe's people were not always better off than people in the rest of the world, but to say Europe was a shithole is a gross oversimplification.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1668 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:25 am »
I dunno if racists realize this, but Europe really sucked for most of history. People lived in filth, they were always fighting each other, and the whitest of the whites(the Vikings, etc) weren't exactly civilized beings...

Also the seem to forget how geography can affect culture. The reason China, the Middle East, and Europe were so advanced was because they're all "horizontal", to traveling is easier, since then you don't have to deal with dramatic changes in climate. Africa and the America's aren't horizontal, so there's less place to travel. They can't trade stuff as much and aren't exposed to others much.

That's not exactly true.  People in Europe were actually very hygienic until after the Black Death.  They were fighting one another, but so were the Muslims, Amerindians, etc.  And the Vikings weren't just brutes.  They were poets, merchants, and politicians.  Vikings had democracy, equal rights for women, and a vast network of trade routes.  Europe's people were not always better off than people in the rest of the world, but to say Europe was a shithole is a gross oversimplification.

I mean that's like any other society though. Racists treat Europe like everyone there is an angel, when they're really just as similar to any other culture.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #1669 on: February 03, 2013, 10:31:41 am »

Vikings also had an interesting belief system:  They believed that what people said about you after your death was more important than any ideas about where your soul went.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1670 on: February 03, 2013, 10:37:45 am »

I mean that's like any other society though. Racists treat Europe like everyone there is an angel, when they're really just as similar to any other culture.

I agree, but I think you were exaggerating how bad Europe could be.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1671 on: February 03, 2013, 12:42:57 pm »

I know, it's just really fun to troll racists like that.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1672 on: February 03, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »

I know, it's just really fun to troll racists like that.

You won't find any racists here.  But I agree, it IS fun to make fun of those asshats.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1673 on: February 03, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1674 on: February 03, 2013, 04:56:54 pm »
Well, god can just suck it up.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1675 on: February 03, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »
how old r those girl?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1676 on: February 03, 2013, 07:21:20 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1677 on: February 03, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »
how old r those girl?

No older than 13/14 by my guess.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1678 on: February 03, 2013, 07:46:38 pm »
Douchebags their parents are

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #1679 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:00 am »

Which is why Mary and Joseph spent a large part of their marriage childless.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!