Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112171 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2670 on: September 04, 2013, 07:53:34 am »
I've actually seen that sticker, though with different color schemes.
I've seen it as a hexagon
Well it is rather obvious choice to oppose a movement that uses = as their symbol.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2671 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:33 am »
They don't teach you how to vote or what taxes are in American schools? Huh. I'm pretty sure it came up in my civics classes.

As for why you're taught the Pythagorean theorem, well, you're not likely to find that out independently and if you intend to go into a STEM field, it's kinda important. And you can't know that you don't want to go into a maths-intensive field unless you, y'know, actually learn some maths first.

Civics classes aren't really taught anymore.  After all, they aren't on standardized tests, which are what really matters.  (Common Core can't come fast enough.)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2672 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:26 pm »
They don't teach you how to vote or what taxes are in American schools? Huh. I'm pretty sure it came up in my civics classes.

As for why you're taught the Pythagorean theorem, well, you're not likely to find that out independently and if you intend to go into a STEM field, it's kinda important. And you can't know that you don't want to go into a maths-intensive field unless you, y'know, actually learn some maths first.

Civics classes aren't really taught anymore.  After all, they aren't on standardized tests, which are what really matters.  (Common Core can't come fast enough.)

This is so chilling and depressing, but after I thought a bit how the political climate has changed, how ALEC legislators pass crazy (anti)education bills...it suddenly seemed obvious; a competent voter is their enemy.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2673 on: September 05, 2013, 12:27:34 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2674 on: September 05, 2013, 12:32:41 pm »
.....no they're not.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2675 on: September 05, 2013, 12:37:31 pm »
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2676 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Complete and utter egotistical lame-brained fuckstained bullshit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2677 on: September 05, 2013, 04:07:00 pm »
Not only is "everyone is born straight" patently false*, but it also strikes me as entirely irrelevant. In a parallel universe where everyone starts out straight and then some become not-straight through whatever process, everyone still deserves equal rights. Because, why the fuck not.

*Or at best, meaningless. The argument could be made that it makes no sense to speak of the sexuality of a newborn. Still, since there's clear evidence that the factors that result in someone having same-sex attractions are firmly set by the time of birth, "born gay" seems a perfectly adequate phrasing.
Σא

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2678 on: September 09, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »
Anti-gay hate group in Illinois

He made them male and female? Are you saying Adam and Eve was actually one person with both female and male traits, like Ometeotl?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2679 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »
He made them Intersex.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2680 on: September 10, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
Well, it's not a protest sign, but I guess this is the best place to put it without starting a new thread.

So a few minutes ago I was sitting in the McDonalds of Okmulgee, Oklahoma eating lunch between my college classes, and I heard some guys talking about some pretty damn stupid politics.

After I sat down the first I heard of their conversation was one of the swaying how there's supposed to be a big information dump on the 11th of stuff about Benghazi. I rolled my eyes at the stupid, but it's typical stuff you hear. Next he goes on to say how he doesn't think it's Obama really pulling the strings, but he's actually controlled by international banking (guess that's the classy way of saying "JEWS!"). He said something about Kerry, and I expected it to continue on to be them taking the TYT "lizard man Kerry" video seriously, but no they just mentioned something he said as sounding like there were people in the shadows pulling the world strings. I don't remember what they said he said unfortunately, something about how "if Syria doesn't get rid of their chemical weapons...  ...and it happened". The next part naturally was "why are we giving weapons to Al Quada, again!" At this point I had finished rushing through eating and promptly left, glad to be gone from the stupid.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2681 on: September 12, 2013, 11:37:09 am »
Well, it's not a protest sign, but I guess this is the best place to put it without starting a new thread.

So a few minutes ago I was sitting in the McDonalds of Okmulgee, Oklahoma eating lunch between my college classes, and I heard some guys talking about some pretty damn stupid politics.

After I sat down the first I heard of their conversation was one of the swaying how there's supposed to be a big information dump on the 11th of stuff about Benghazi. I rolled my eyes at the stupid, but it's typical stuff you hear. Next he goes on to say how he doesn't think it's Obama really pulling the strings, but he's actually controlled by international banking (guess that's the classy way of saying "JEWS!"). He said something about Kerry, and I expected it to continue on to be them taking the TYT "lizard man Kerry" video seriously, but no they just mentioned something he said as sounding like there were people in the shadows pulling the world strings. I don't remember what they said he said unfortunately, something about how "if Syria doesn't get rid of their chemical weapons...  ...and it happened". The next part naturally was "why are we giving weapons to Al Quada, again!" At this point I had finished rushing through eating and promptly left, glad to be gone from the stupid.

Wow. That's a lot of stupid harshing your lunch.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2682 on: September 18, 2013, 12:21:31 am »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2683 on: September 18, 2013, 01:42:24 am »
I think churches and organizations that put up signs like that have to issue public apologies, like "Sorry but that last sign was complete bullshit"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2684 on: September 18, 2013, 09:26:23 am »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.