Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112089 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2850 on: November 24, 2013, 03:43:24 am »
It's not really a protest sign but...

Earlier I saw on a board (on government property no less) the words "A successful family is a playground with a fence around it."

Now, by itself, it's fairly harmless... if a bit evocative of disturbing mental imagery (kids locked in a playground instead of danger locked out)

But googling it led me to several conservative Christian websites basically using it to mean "protect your kids from things that aren't godly".
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2851 on: November 24, 2013, 08:57:36 am »

I really, REALLY wish Dobson could have seen the public toilets of ancient Rome.  They were really, really public.  No walls, no stalls.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2852 on: November 24, 2013, 10:21:23 am »
Probably considers the Ancient Romans to be servants of the devil, considering its the Romans who killed Jesus and all.  Knowing how they treat puppets of their "prophecies," he'll like them as much as he does Judas.

I am now reminded of the church sign in Moral Orel that read: "Latin, and why its the Devil's Language."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2853 on: November 24, 2013, 11:32:17 am »
Probably considers the Ancient Romans to be servants of the devil, considering its the Romans who killed Jesus and all.  Knowing how they treat puppets of their "prophecies," he'll like them as much as he does Judas.

I am now reminded of the church sign in Moral Orel that read: "Latin, and why its the Devil's Language."

With that in mind, I'm amazed that Pogroms & The Holocaust didn't target Italians alongside Jews.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2854 on: November 24, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »

With that in mind, I'm amazed that Pogroms & The Holocaust didn't target Italians alongside Jews.

Most radical Christians have the attention span of a mosquito and can't focus on more than one thing at a time without their feeble brains overheating, causing their heads to catch fire, leading to their imminent demise.  For them, reason is the antithesis of survival.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2855 on: November 25, 2013, 05:00:31 am »

Most radical Christians have the attention span of a mosquito and can't focus on more than one thing at a time without their feeble brains overheating, causing their heads to catch fire, leading to their imminent demise.  For them, reason is the antithesis of survival.
The Holocaust was not justifed by radical Christianity. Your reasoning is flawed.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2856 on: November 25, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »

The Holocaust was not justifed by radical Christianity. Your reasoning is flawed.

...Hitler was a Catholic, and last I checked, Catholicism is still a branch of Christianity.  Maybe not by the whole of radical Christianity, but as we've seen with people like him, it only takes one bad apple to fuck over a tonne of people.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2857 on: November 25, 2013, 01:18:11 pm »
Didn't Hitler say that wiping out the jews was his duty as a christian? Or am I misremembering?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2858 on: November 25, 2013, 01:27:41 pm »
I do know that there was that "German christians" group that did stuff like getting rid of the old testament because it was written by the jews in order to have a "pure" christian religion without any influence from the untermensch.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2859 on: November 25, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »
Didn't Hitler say that wiping out the jews was his duty as a christian? Or am I misremembering?

Not in the slightest.  At worst, its a paraphrasing of what he said, but that's the essence of what he meant.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2860 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:26 pm »
Hitler was inconsistent on Christianity. At times he tried to invoke it, at other times he denigrated it. Personally, I doubt his ego left room for any religion in which he wasn't a major figure.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2861 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:15 pm »
i think him and mucilini wanted a god free future eventually but needed the church.  Incidentally Mucie was why vatican city is independet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2862 on: November 25, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »
The Holocaust was not a stand-alone event in the history of anti-Semitism in Europe. A lot of European anti-Semitism was derived from previous Christian fundamentalist tropes, such as that the Jews killed Jesus or that they killed Christian children and drank their blood for the evulz. What made the Holocaust different from many previous anti-Semitic atrocities was that it was also partially "justified" through racist anthropological explanations of why Jews were supposedly evil and/or inferior. So both religious fundamentalist and pseudoscientific justifications had equal parts in the Holocaust.

Again, the jury is still out on Adolf Hitler's religious views. I highly doubt that he was an atheist, as many fundies claim, but I doubt his religious claims were anything more than political pandering either. He faced some opposition from German churches because of his policies that forced kids to join Hitler Youth (which was conveniently scheduled so as to intrude upon other church holidays) and because of the Nazis' relative tolerance of extramarital relations (as long as they resulted in more "Aryan" children to die for the Reich).

I don't believe, however, that European anti-Semitism is solely the result of Christianity. IIRC, Christianity never targeted Rroma the same way they targeted Jews, but bigotry against them persists regardless.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2863 on: November 25, 2013, 08:02:54 pm »
Basically even among "white" jews they were discriminated against since they lent money
As for Roma there is a large racism deriving from the fact that they are ironically Aryan

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2864 on: November 28, 2013, 10:42:23 am »
i think him and mucilini wanted a god free future eventually but needed the church.  Incidentally Mucie was why vatican city is independet

Mussolini.  I think mucilini is a kind of pasta?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!