Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112008 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2895 on: January 06, 2014, 05:14:53 pm »
I... I don't remember that.

Maybe I put it out of my head.

Damn these people.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2896 on: January 06, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2897 on: January 06, 2014, 07:53:57 pm »

Actually, The Republican would steal all the cows or do what the Communist does.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2898 on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »
No, more like:

Republican - You have 2 cows.  You feed them their own crap and make them drink from the lake you dumped your waste in (which you own).  You then buy the farm where you got the cows (and treat them the same) and buy the church so they can blame everything on the people with different-colored eyes.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2899 on: January 06, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »

Republican's neighbour: wasn't born in a cow owner family, has no cows, starves to death.
Σא

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2900 on: January 06, 2014, 09:15:48 pm »

Republican's neighbour: wasn't born in a cow owner family, has no cows, starves to death.

This really does distill the essence of why the far right can collectively go fuck their hats.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2901 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
Republicans: The rich own all of the cows, and keep you from earning enough money to buy one for yourself, then they call you lazy for not being able to afford one.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2902 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:49 am »
Republicans: The rich own all of the cows, and keep you from earning enough money to buy one for yourself, then they call you lazy for not being able to afford one.
Not all Republicans are like that.  Some are, certainly, but to say that all of them are is just plain offensive.

In any case, however, that poster is unbelievably stupid.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2903 on: January 07, 2014, 11:18:50 am »
^You could say that about every thing that was posted thus far including from the poster.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2904 on: January 07, 2014, 02:06:32 pm »
We know that not all Republicans are like that.  The ones who aren't like that, however, are not the ones in control of the party.  They're more likely to be moderates who count as part of the swing votes.

Republicans can be fine people.  The Republican party, however, is being run by Randian dominionists who want to make sure Rich Straight White Male Christian Privilege is still in full force.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2905 on: January 07, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »
Not all Republicans are like that.  Some are, certainly, but to say that all of them are is just plain offensive.

Any cow-based analysis of a political philosophy is bound to include some oversimplification.
Σא

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2906 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

Any cow-based analysis of a political philosophy is bound to include some oversimplification.

I wish we still had the drama system at moments like these, cause you earned a "fuck yeah!"

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2907 on: January 08, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »

Someone is going to accept that challenge.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2908 on: January 08, 2014, 02:02:56 pm »

Someone is going to accept that challenge.

Well extending health care to the poor worked out pretty good for several countries.  I hopefully don't need to explain the advantages of having a fit, healthy populace.

I'll gloss over the obvious logical fallicy in that sign.  Someone else could probably tackle it better than me anyway.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:05:36 pm by Katsuro »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2909 on: January 08, 2014, 02:06:21 pm »
He's gonna have to Welsh on that bet, take the sign down, or go live in a cardboard box if anyone can actually convince him he's wrong...over, and over, and over.....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.