Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111940 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4125 on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:30 pm »

Here's the thing: I don't care if you're gay or straight at all. The reason people attack you is that whereas "gay pride", silly as it can sometimes get, is about an unpopular group, albeit one making major strides at the moment, refusing to be ashamed of existing, given the people I've seen post this image, "straight pride" is about shaming the gays. At least, it can be perceived that way.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #4126 on: June 17, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »
Um... That image url refers to a Facebook profile, not to any particular image.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4127 on: June 17, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »

Because those are totally the same thing.

And stop misgendering Caitlyn.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4128 on: June 18, 2015, 12:37:29 am »
Jackson had a medical condition that took the melanin from his skin. By the time he was painting his skin he was mostly white and it was less of a bother than painting himself black...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4129 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:08 am »
Makes you wonder how much happier and sane MJ would've been if he hadn't have had that condition...I can't imagine how jarring it would be to suddenly go from pasty cracker to being blacker than Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4130 on: June 19, 2015, 12:20:24 am »
Still those nose jobs though.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4131 on: June 19, 2015, 09:04:01 am »
Weren't those a result of a botched Pepsi commercial that nearly killed him?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4132 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:02 am »
Makes you wonder how much happier and sane MJ would've been if he hadn't have had that condition...I can't imagine how jarring it would be to suddenly go from pasty cracker to being blacker than Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks.

Not really, not until you brought it up. However since you did, my guess would be a little but not much.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4133 on: June 19, 2015, 05:23:27 pm »

No, that was just his hair pomade catching on fire. He was injured with burns to
his scalp.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4134 on: June 19, 2015, 07:34:11 pm »

No, that was just his hair pomade catching on fire. He was injured with burns to
his scalp.

Aaah, that's right.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4135 on: June 20, 2015, 01:13:55 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4136 on: June 20, 2015, 01:25:31 am »
Is that serious? It seems like it's riffing on the whole "racism is prejudice plus power" bit.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4137 on: June 20, 2015, 01:52:18 am »
Is that serious? It seems like it's riffing on the whole "racism is prejudice plus power" bit.

Kinda hard to be certain what with the Poe's law and all. I can definitely believe that some people would say that and be serious.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4138 on: June 20, 2015, 02:35:19 am »

There are many people on Tumblr who say things like this and believe it. Almost all of them are white straight women who refuse to admit it, instead calling themselves "polytransracial starsnarlgender requieslithsexual" or whatever.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4139 on: June 20, 2015, 09:15:26 am »
Do these people realize they're going to have to make their easy in the big wide world one day? And that in this big wide world there are already definitions for words and that nobody really cares about their feelings or pronouns?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.