Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111836 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4380 on: September 16, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »
The thing is that raising taxes on those poor widdle 1%ers is bad thing, because taxes are theft or whatever, except for when it fucks the poor then it's ok.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:47:34 pm by nickiknack »

pyro

« Reply #4381 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »
The thing is that raising taxes on those poor widdle 1%ers is bad thing, because taxes are theft or whatever, except for when it fucks the poor then it's ok.

It's not a question of what they support. It's a question of whether the OP reads what they're cut-pasting.

I admit, though, I'm curious if the highlight is in the original, or if it's only in the protest sign. I'm curious if this guy thinks shutting down the war on drugs would cost money.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4382 on: September 16, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »
I've see the original, and the highlighted is only in the protest sign. As to the whole War on Drugs thing, I'm willing to bet it's probably some sort of teabilly that thinks that drug users are evil horrible people who should be punished, and being oblivious to that the Drug War is costing us. More or  less the same type that complains about bureaucracy and "big gov't", but at the same time cheers at the news of drug testing and /or setting up a shit ton of huddles for welfare recipients, not knowing that they've just help make gov't bigger because they get a jolly out of poor shaming. Or as I like to refer to them as, "A Special Kind Of Stupid".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:30:41 pm by nickiknack »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4383 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:35 am »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4384 on: September 18, 2015, 09:01:28 am »
The pop tart "gun" incident caused a social and main stream media shit storm, too. And no, the DHS watch list claim about the kid's family is bullshit. Twitter also was not nearly as ubiquitously used back during the Poptart Era. In looking back to the Finger Era - or was it the French Fry Era? - Twitter had barely launched into the public consciousness. There is a progressive, evolving correlation between the technological sophistication of kid's fake toy guns and Twitter outrage. The stupidity of school admins remains stagnant throughout.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4385 on: September 18, 2015, 09:07:08 am »
Even though both is bs, the kid with pop tart gun was just a kid being kid, and really doesn't deserve a phone call from the president. While the kid with the homemade clock showed scientific creativity. Not to mention since kid was Muslim, that's some downright stereotyping going on, willing bet if the kid with the clock was white, they would never have had been arrested in the first place.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4386 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:35 am »
Just like those retards who thought I was programming a virus when I was writing random snippets during computer lab off-time.  Unfortunately for us, most school admins have an IQ in the single digits, if that.  Actually, their IQ might be in the negatives.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4387 on: September 18, 2015, 09:44:46 am »
There's an inverse proportion factor between their IQ's and their level of paranoia.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4388 on: September 18, 2015, 10:18:26 am »
Ahh yes the 5 year old who was able to create a working gun with his teeth and a pastry sure deser why am I even doing this when beating fools over the head with a space shuttle would be quicker and easier?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4389 on: September 18, 2015, 10:26:55 am »
Ahh yes the 5 year old who was able to create a working gun with his teeth and a pastry sure deser why am I even doing this when beating fools over the head with a space shuttle would be quicker and easier?

Coping mechanism?  Unless that kid's played by Richard Dean Anderson, he's no threat.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4390 on: September 18, 2015, 10:31:34 am »
Don't beat people with space shuttles. They're priceless historical artifacts, of which there are only 3 left in existence.

Would you consider using a Boeing 747 instead? They're quite a bit bigger and they're not exactly in short supply.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4391 on: September 19, 2015, 08:37:40 pm »

Even if the Solutrean hypothesis is true, nobody deserves to suffer for the crimes of their ancestors.  You might as well say the Congolese have the right to murder Belgians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4392 on: September 19, 2015, 09:19:24 pm »
Also, the idea of 'payback' for a crime none of the people involved think happened is meaningless. 
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4393 on: September 20, 2015, 11:15:31 am »

Using animals as a metaphor?  Let's just say you're no George Orwell.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4394 on: September 20, 2015, 11:47:22 am »

Using animals as a metaphor?  Let's just say you're no George Orwell.

Mules are hard-workers....thus, the bigot's analogy is invalid!

Plus, that's one of the stupider things I've seen today.