Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73283 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 07:15:33 pm »
I HOPE that the local and county police get what should be coming to them, but I doubt it. At the very least, the FBI has launched their own investigation and I think it's far more likely to get justice from them than from the county police because, yes, it's SO relevant to know that Brown was a suspect in a robbery that the shooter was unaware of!

Ah, yes. Apparently one can change their clothes in a instant.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »
I HOPE that the local and county police get what should be coming to them, but I doubt it. At the very least, the FBI has launched their own investigation and I think it's far more likely to get justice from them than from the county police because, yes, it's SO relevant to know that Brown was a suspect in a robbery that the shooter was unaware of!

I don't get where this "change clothes" thing comes from. The suspect in the video and Brown's body are visibly wearing the same outfit right down to the gaudy socks/sandals combo. The red hat is visible in other crime scene photos as well.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2014, 08:00:30 pm »
#Invalid YouTube Link#

One week and it's already being called a hoax.
Who needs a signature?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:51 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWwkEbYIl_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWwkEbYIl_0</a>

One week and it's already being called a hoax.

Fixed link.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »
Much appreciated.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »

I don't get where this "change clothes" thing comes from. The suspect in the video and Brown's body are visibly wearing the same outfit right down to the gaudy socks/sandals combo. The red hat is visible in other crime scene photos as well.

Person in the video is actually wearing sneakers.  Brown is wearing that socks/sandals combo that should've lead to a beatdown by someone.  Terrible choice.

Best way to quell this is to let the curfew go for a day or two, then fire the police chief.  Asshole should've never been sent out in that first press conference where he released the store security footage.  The FBI and DoJ told him not to do it and he did it anyway.  Fire his ass and right there you'll be on the way to solving half your problems.

Ironbite-other half is to charge the cop with murder and convict his ass.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2014, 10:05:02 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/ferguson-reporters-media-110080.html?hp=l1

Oh look, an article that says that the media was being threatened by the looters... that the article claims were the demonstrators. Huh, it's almost as if people BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW don't want to be photographed! Not to mention that, no, the looters were probably not protesters. It's almost as if assholes will take advantage of the chaos to get away with crime!

EDIT: Also, the comments are EXACTLY what I expect the right-wing reaction would be. Every single one of them is trusting the police report at face value, despite the fact that the police report took zero eyewitness accounts into consideration and that ALL eyewitness accounts contradict the police report.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:10:23 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
Person in the video is actually wearing sneakers.  Brown is wearing that socks/sandals combo that should've lead to a beatdown by someone.  Terrible choice.

Really obviously socks with sandals.

His friend has admitted that he and Brown were in the store that day and some sources say that he admitted that Brown is the thief. The suspect in the video is wearing the exact same clothes right down to the hat and shoes and has the same build as the corpse on the street. It takes a hell of a denial to not think it was him.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:19:30 pm by chitoryu12 »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
You guys do realize that by arguing this, you're just derailing the conversation, which was likely the POINT of releasing the robbery video in the first place, right?
Who needs a signature?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2014, 10:28:51 pm »
You guys do realize that by arguing this, you're just derailing the conversation, which was likely the POINT of releasing the robbery video in the first place, right?

It's not an argument. The fact that Brown is the guy in the video is a fact. It has no bearing on whether or not it was legal to shoot him while he was unarmed, but it's ridiculous to assert that it must have been someone else when all evidence says the contrary and I'm going to point out when someone is wrong about it.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2014, 12:45:47 am »
Well except for the fact they literally have video of Brown robbing the store and roughing up the clerk. 

While true, the relevance this has on the case of the murder is non-existent.

How do you know it was a murder?  Thing is you, and just about everyone else on the planet don't.  The cop may in fact be guilty, or he may have been assaulted and opened fire.

It's not an argument. The fact that Brown is the guy in the video is a fact. It has no bearing on whether or not it was legal to shoot him while he was unarmed, but it's ridiculous to assert that it must have been someone else when all evidence says the contrary and I'm going to point out when someone is wrong about it.

You don't have to be armed to be a threat to a police officers life, or anyone elses.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2014, 12:53:43 am »
You don't have to be armed to be a threat to a police officers life, or anyone elses.

No, but you have to also be a threat. Witness reports and crime scene photos suggest that Brown was shot while running and then killed while 35 feet away from the cop and surrendering.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2014, 03:04:32 am »
So I decided to watch the live streams of the protest tonight. Apparently a black communist revolutionary group from Chicago showed up to instigate more protests in violation of the midnight to 5:00 AM curfew. The official media pen was behind the cops, conveniently preventing an accurate view of the action from the protesters' side, and they were threatened with arrest if they tried to leave it (a Something Awful member was in the area and provided us with live updates). However, Vice News had one of their men live streaming from the protesters' side.

It was basically a more subdued version of the first nights. Protesters got within about 50 yards before tear gas was fired (police and CNN claimed that they were smoke grenades, but 37mm CS canisters have been recovered by protesters and bystanders and a city police officer said that he thought it was tear gas as well), and it took 10 or 20 minutes to disperse them. The cops pushed the protesters back and scattered them, but began raiding a nearby strip mall for little apparent reason. One cop was visible aiming an AR-15 at random people with his weapon light on for over 5 minutes, standing on the roof on an armored car. They also busted out the LRAD, which is fucking painful even through my computer speakers.

There have been some arrests. Pearl Gabel said on Twitter that the cops arrested her at gunpoint, only to release her after a few minutes. The co-founder of Twitter has been arrested as well. We also have reports that two protesters were shot, one in the leg and one in the neck. No word on who shot them, but what appear to be .40 S&W casings have been found and photographed by bystanders. I also distinctly heard what was unmistakably semi-auto rifle fire during the first push back.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2014, 08:29:47 am »
Well except for the fact they literally have video of Brown robbing the store and roughing up the clerk. 

While true, the relevance this has on the case of the murder is non-existent.

How do you know it was a murder?  Thing is you, and just about everyone else on the planet don't.  The cop may in fact be guilty, or he may have been assaulted and opened fire.

Even in the best possible version of the story for him, Wilson is still in the wrong and is guilty of some form of murder. In order to use deadly force, an officer must be able to prove that he was in danger for the entire altercation. Last I checked, the suspect standing 35 feet away with his hands up is not a threat to his life. Had Brown rushed him after turning around, deadly force would have been more likely to be justified.

Furthermore, Wilson also broke standard police procedure in several ways. He did not report in the shooting. The Ferguson police had no idea that an officer was involved in the shooting, even when he did say there was a shooting. He did not call for backup, which, if I remember correctly, is standard procedure when shots are fired. He did not call for medical assistance. Eyewitness accounts allege that he didn't even try to check if Brown was still breathing and he refused to let a nurse who showed up on the scene attempt to perform CPR.

So, we have a police report that is contradicted by every eyewitness and audio from police dispatch that shows that Wilson did not handle the events within proper procedure. If that isn't suspicious, nothing is.
Who needs a signature?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2014, 09:04:41 am »
I hate to sound naive, but don't cops have tazers and/or pepper spray and/or a baton for dealing with criminals in a non-lethal way?