Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73269 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:42 am »
When Ferguson's mayor said during a press conference that "this is a test, the eyes of the world are watching" (implying that the world is watching to make sure "the blacks" behave themselves"), my response was, "Yeah, the world is watching, and aside from white conservatives, they're not siding with you."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:09:54 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12:33 am »
It's gone haywire.

The cops have dispersed the protest, but they're hunting people down. People are fleeing through the suburbs as police fire tear gas into yards. Two journalists got encircled in an apartment parking lot and were directly hit by tear gas canisters. They're arresting and shooting at everyone moving outside. The victims are live Tweeting. A reporter for The Intercept just got arrested.

Who fucking needs the Purge when you've got this?

Edit:

The Crips and Bloods have joined forces to defend businesses.

This really is a work of fiction. This can't be real.
Holy shit.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2014, 03:27:14 am »
This is reminding me more and more of the LA Riots. 

Is anyone here besides me old enough to remember that mess?

EDIT:  Old Viking is a given, I know.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2014, 03:40:50 am »
This is reminding me more and more of the LA Riots. 
How?
With those the looting was a serious problem, here it's nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2014, 03:42:51 am »
Well, I was alive during the LA Riots but I didn't really watch news much back then.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 05:15:52 am »
I think if there's two rival gangs that hate the fuck out of each other and kill each other on sight ARE TEAMING UP AGAINST YOU, here's a hint:  You're in the wrong, Ferguson PD!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:22 am »
John Oliver sums up the situation brilliantly:  #Invalid YouTube Link#

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:34 am »
I just keep mentally comparing this to the London riots from 2011, which started similarly for similar reasons (black guy got shot by police, protests started), but didn't escalate. Because we didn't send in police with tanks, we just had a policeman on every corner or so. My sister's friends planned to go to the local town centre and loot/cause havoc, but got put off by all the police. That should be how to deal with this. Not something out of a dystopian novel. And American then has the gall to claim it's the land of the free.

[/rant]

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2014, 06:38:36 am »
This is like something out of a movie. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm also hearing reports of witnesses stating that Brown never robbed the original store they were in, that he paid for the cigars. But it's hard to confirm anything at this point.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2014, 06:57:35 am »

I'm also hearing reports of witnesses stating that Brown never robbed the original store they were in, that he paid for the cigars. But it's hard to confirm anything at this point.
Besides the fact the Ferguson police are cunts.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:10 am »
I think if there's two rival gangs that hate the fuck out of each other and kill each other on sight ARE TEAMING UP AGAINST YOU, here's a hint:  You're in the wrong, Ferguson PD!
If those business get looted, then who are they going to shake down for protection money?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2014, 07:31:15 am »
John Oliver sums up the situation brilliantly:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUZOZN-9dc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUZOZN-9dc</a>

Fixed link for ya. and John Oliver is really doing fuckin' great on his new show.

EDIT: I think you meant to have this as your link
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A</a>

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2014, 09:48:00 am »
If those business get looted, then who are they going to shake down for protection money?

That, and the number one rule of both gangs is never trust the police.  In a town like that, they've got good reason not to, which is disgusting.  Nothing like a common enemy to bring people together, eh?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »
The police press report last night was another load of bullshit. They keep trying to fudge the timeline so it seems like the protesters are throwing shit and that incites the cops to use force. I watched it with my own eyes. It's always the police who escalate it; the protesters are totally peaceful until the riot cops start trying to force a dispersal or use the LRAD.

Captain Johnson even claimed that homemade bombs were being thrown. They weren't. Trust me, we would have seen it. The one building that got set on fire (ironically a barbecue restaurant) is believed to have been lit up by a burning tear gas canister.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »

Well, the store's lawyer confirmed that they never filed a robbery report.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet