Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73266 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2014, 02:04:18 am »
A legal observer from the Lawyers guild was arrested, and another Legal observer confirmed it, and when asked why, the guy said, "because police don't like legal observers".

The team from Amnesty International left the area because it was getting too dangerous. This is the organization that sends human rights observer to some of the worst places on earth, and they're pulling out because it's too dangerous.

Edit: Ok, they have the rifles out and pointed at people.

Jesus, I'm almost ready to believe that actual military control wouldn't be half as bad as this is getting.

Yeah, I would hope the military at least has a little better training on the basics of gun safety and not pointing it at someone you don't intend to shoot.

Bottles are being thrown, and a phone was possibly stolen.

Honestly considering the police have spent the last several days aiming guns at people and throwing tear gas the protestors reaction is benign as fuck.

Yeah, I can think of a lot of worse ways to react to the actions of the police.

Edit: Cloud beat me to the legal observer part.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2014, 02:14:15 am »
Whose leading the county police, kriffing Esdese or something?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2014, 12:58:19 pm »
Whose leading the county police, kriffing Esdese or something?

Sounds like they're being led by Deathshead from fucking Wolfenstein.

Fuck the Guard, its time to send in the actual god damned Army.  Against the cops.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »
There have apparently been over 120 arrests over the last week and a half. At least 14 of these arrests were of the press.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2014, 11:15:30 pm »
Doesn't that violate several amendments? First with Freedom of the Press and Fourth with Unreasonable Search and Seizure, at the very least?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2014, 11:21:45 pm »
Doesn't that violate several amendments? First with Freedom of the Press and Fourth with Unreasonable Search and Seizure, at the very least?

Yep.

Too bad the far rightdingers don't give fucks about actual people's rights.  Just fake people's rights (fetuses, corporations, et al)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2014, 11:22:45 pm »
So apparently on KKK group is saying the KKK group raising money are fake and that the "real" KKK is staying out of Ferguson.

https://news.vice.com/article/a-ku-klux-klan-group-claims-it-is-around-ferguson-and-fundraising-for-darren-wilson

You know, this shit just get's weirder and weirder. I know that "The Klan" no longer exists and it's just a bunch of small splinter groups now, but it's still weird. It's the Crips and Bloods joining up to defend the area, it's just so... bizarre to watch.

Anyway, I'm waiting for tonight's stream to start.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:39 pm »

The police have been violating the Constitution and laws non-stop, but they have enough power that even trying to get a class action lawsuit filed would be extremely time and resource-consuming and likely result in a failure to get justice.

This is the same town where cops beat an innocent man, charged him with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms, perjured themselves right in a federal court when questioned, and had the federal court dismiss the case as it was determined that insufficient harm was done to constitute police brutality or violation of due process.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2014, 08:02:04 am »
Just one of the reasons I'm actually somewhat serious about fixing the town's problems with federal and/or military force.  If force is the only thing they can understand, then its the only thing to which they'll respond.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:25 am »
Ferguson right now:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2014, 01:05:30 am »
Ever notice that when some douche like Elliot Rodgers goes on a killing spree the media will talk about how tragic they were, but now when a black guy dies the fact that he might have robbed a store is important?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:53:20 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »
You know, I'm wondering if they'll ever be any actual change over this?
Probably not.
The killer will get off scott free (with an sweet 200k to boot), the cops will maintain martial law for god knows how long, the media will portray this as "ignorant negroes gettin uppity",  and no laws will be passed to prevent this kind of thing from happening again.

Silly me, i though there was gonna be actual change!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:28 pm »
Probably not.
The killer will get off scott free (with an sweet 200k to boot), the cops will maintain martial law for god knows how long, the media will portray this as "ignorant negroes gettin uppity",  and no laws will be passed to prevent this kind of thing from happening again.

Let's not throw in the towel just yet.  You can't expect change to happen overnight.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »
Probably not.

Let's not throw in the towel just yet.  You can't expect change to happen overnight.
Okay, I suppose it's pretty impatient, but i just hope something changes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:50 am »
Can't blame ya for bein impatient.  Watching all this shit happen time and time again, it'd be stranger if you weren't a little impatient.  But...well, baby steps and all that.