Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73278 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2014, 04:11:02 pm »
Damn not finding any sources that I'd rely on.  I know I read a series of tweets at one point during the peak of the protests back in.....October I wanna say where someone pointed out a bunch of plain clothes cops were instigating something to give the uniformed officers cause to break up a peaceful protest but for the life of me I can't find anything and a google search isn't giving me anything I'd rely on.  Consider it an unbacked claim that I'm pretty sure happened but I can't prove and will fully admit to it.  If I find something I will definitely post it.  Of course the reason I do give this claim is look at how this department has been treating reporters and protesters.  It's not a stretch that they'd insert some of their own in order to make the people look like mindless rioters.

In other news the Grand Jury has the weekend off and won't reconvene till Monday.  I wonder why.

Ironbite-possibly to give more time to Wilson's legal team to squeeze a few more pennies out?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-by-the-numbers/article_5ec448a4-3f08-5861-813c-d03bed1c9784.html

A very important article for anyone convinced that Ferguson is somehow a war zone.

One of the biggest things to take away: two major weather events in St. Louis caused 640 times more damage than the protests.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2014, 09:28:26 pm »
Right because weather events take away civil liberties and make second class citizens over people with an average skin tone that is a few shades below barrister white.

Ironbite-exactly what does this prove?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2014, 10:09:04 pm »
Ferguson is still a dangerous warzone, and most likely, if Wilson goes free, he won't be free and ALIVE for very long.

There aren't really good or bad guys in such an atmosphere. Just the usual - war is hell, and there are a lot of demons.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2014, 11:35:34 pm »
Right because weather events take away civil liberties and make second class citizens over people with an average skin tone that is a few shades below barrister white.

Ironbite-exactly what does this prove?

...wow, I literally didn't think anyone could misinterpret that. I'm impressed. Did you actually open the article and read it?

The point of the article is proving that despite the media's focus on Ferguson being a violent, semi-lawless community filled with shattered glass and black thugs rioting and burning down storefronts, it hasn't even managed to match a hailstorm in terms of damage. Almost all of the injuries caused have been from police to civilians (with no police officers even staying at a hospital overnight from injuries and a minority being hurt) and not a single person has died.

Ferguson is still a dangerous warzone, and most likely, if Wilson goes free, he won't be free and ALIVE for very long.

It's not. It's really, really clearly not. Anyone who looks at stuff other than cherrypicked images of vandals and riot cops shooting tear gas in August would know that. Literally almost all of the protesting and looting (with a stupidly tiny minority of the civilians involved actually being looters or rioters, which I witnessed on the livestreams of the protests in August) has been restricted to a section of West Florissant Avenue.

Insisting that Ferguson is actively dangerous (and especially that any danger comes from anyone but the police) only serves to justify the massively disproportionate police response.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:15 am »
Oh nice subtle insult there implying that I can't read.  But I do ask again.  How is what's going on in Ferguson right now even comparable to a natural disaster?  It's pears and peaches man.  Not even remotely compatable.

Also ok you win.  It's no long a warzone.  There happy?  So what changes?  Nothing.  Glad we established that.

Ironbite-seriously this is going to be a warzone once the Grand Jury comes out with a decision.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2014, 10:59:17 am »
Oh nice subtle insult there implying that I can't read.  But I do ask again.  How is what's going on in Ferguson right now even comparable to a natural disaster?  It's pears and peaches man.  Not even remotely compatable.

Ironbite... He didn't imply that you can't read. He just asked if you actually read the article at all.

The reason why they natural disasters were brought up in the article was that by comparing the value of damages reported to insurance companies in Ferguson and and in areas struck by natural disasters (they also compared the damages to those from LA riots) was that they wanted to show that the amount of damages have been quite low and the media has blown the thing out of proportion.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2014, 12:55:22 pm »
There aren't really good or bad guys in such an atmosphere. Just the usual - war is hell, and there are a lot of demons.
Well there is actually, the good guys being the peacfull protestors, the bad guys being the cops who have sent dozens of poeple to the hospital for unlawful use of force.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »
So when is the jury decision expected?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »
According to the local news protesters are already "clashing with police again" and about a dozen people have been arrested in the last few days. Some police from here in Tulsa apparently went to Ferguson to "support their fellow officers" by cooking food for them.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »
Battan down the hatches folks.  The grand jury is done.

Ironbite-prepare for a shit storm

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2014, 02:45:15 pm »
Battan down the hatches folks.  The grand jury is done.

Ironbite-prepare for a shit storm

I heard they're gonna wait for 48 hours before announcing it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »
Oooh just like sweeps week.  Gotta have a good cliffhanger.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »
Earliest we'll hear any thing is by 5.  Give time to get schools out.  Should be fun!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »
I live in Sacramento. Should I batten down the hatches and stay home?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.