Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73278 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #345 on: November 25, 2014, 12:15:44 am »
As the Vice crew are putting on there bulletproof vests, one guy said "I really never wanted to have to put my vest on in an American city. For perspective, the last time I had to wear this was in Gaza."

Shit is going down even harder than I imagined it would.

Oh shit, There was just a huge explosion!

Edit: The police are claiming they're taking fire.

The horizon is glowing orange with fire. I've jokingly said I wanted to see the world burn, guess I got it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:17:50 am by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #346 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:26 am »
Yeah, I'm not believing shit the cops say there.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #347 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32:48 am »
The police can claim all they want. We all know they lie.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2014, 01:38:39 am »
I just have to post to rant.
So I was watching the Ferguson debacle going on with my conservative father in law, on Fox news of course. In which he decided to bring up that you should never go for a cops gun what was that stupid kid thinking. And then says that the cop was only defending himself, you know how many people are killed trying to attack a cop, and all of the protestors in Ferguson don't realize this. They just want to rob stores and get away with it.
I tried to bring up how it's not about the crime that occured, it's about black people feeling targeted as criminals. It's been building up to this since Trayvon, and the man that shot and killed that black kid at the gas station. It's a group frustration against the injustices being brought towards them
He then proceeded in telling me, yeah and just how many black people killed haven't they talked about between those crimes. Why are those deaths significant? Then went on a rant on how black people are a very violent culture which goes back to their African roots. There are a lot of black people in jail because they are violent. He then went to compare them to Japanese people, where Japan has very little crime and harsh punishments in prison. Asian people come over here and don't start crime and are very successful.
When I tried to bring up how guns are banned in Japan, which may contribute to less crime and less deaths. He brought up how guns kill very little people and that they save over 2 million people a year. Hispanics and blacks join gains blah blah blah. At this point I shut off my ears and tried to stop listening as he went on a tirade about how he was witnessed to violent black people growing up. He sounded like a living fox news talking point.

I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He pretty much just said that black people as a whole are violent, and are most likely to cause crimes.
I hate how conservatives always seem to attack problems at the surface instead of trying to fix what causes the problems in the first place. Black people cause more crime and violence, well throw them in jail that will solve the problem.
It has nothing to do with the fact that over 27 percent of black and 26 percent of hispanic people live in poverty. They then make the excuse that they live in poverty because they don't want to work. Of course that's the problem, it clearly has nothing to do with poverty stricken societies receiving low funds to improve education. It clearly has nothing to do with Young ethnic minorities growing up with piss poor education, low funds to improve the society they live in. It has nothing to do with the fact that they grow up feeling like nobody cares about them so why should they give a shit about society and other people. That they have to work three jobs just to survive because of their poor education.
No it's because they're a violent race of people and they need to be thrown in jail.
I fucking hate this conservative blame the victim mentality.
Fuck our infrastructure lets spend trillions of dollars on defense to kill those scary arabs, because our society doesn't need it clearly.
Sorry about my rant I just got so angry listening to my in law. Just when I thought that I could get a long with him.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:44:13 am by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2014, 01:52:02 am »
Don't feel sorry, I'd be pissed off if my dad said racist bullshit like that too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:58:23 am by I am lizard »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2014, 03:50:00 am »
Today in post racism America: A mostly white jury decided that a white cop shouldn't see trial for killing an unarmed teenager, who happened to be black.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2014, 07:06:49 am »
Today in post racism America: A mostly white jury decided that a white cop shouldn't see trial for killing an unarmed teenager, who happened to be black.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised.

I knew this would happen, I knew that the powers that be would pretend the justice system wasn't broken and would appeal for "calm" whilst ignoring any actions on the part of the police to shatter it.

Sometimes it sucks being right.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:37 am »
This has probably been building a while, honestly.  I mean, look at the other shit before this: Zimmerman got off with zero charges (to my knowledge), and even the Rodney King trial that sparked the LA Riots back in the 90s didn't lead to much of shit in terms of actual change.  People that want change notice when they don't get it, or when they're given meaningless platitudes in its stead.  People, and not just those directly affected, are rightfully pissed off because, once again, we're being told that, unless you're white, you're not going to get a shred of protection under the law.  This is one of the reasons fucking gangs exist in the first place, and if you piss people off enough, they will eventually break and start to run riot.  Its happened before at many, many points in history, yet folks in power never quite seem to learn the fucking lesson.  This is what happens when you disenfranchise people.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #353 on: November 25, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »
I'm not convinced that the cop was guilty, but I do feel strongly that they should have indicted. Unless it was blatantly obvious that he was innocent, the case should have gone to trial.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2014, 01:19:13 pm »
I'm not convinced that the cop was guilty, but I do feel strongly that they should have indicted. Unless it was blatantly obvious that he was innocent, the case should have gone to trial.
The kindest spin I can put is Wilson was simply a trigger happy nutcase. Wilson is far bigger and stronger than Brown and possessed several non-lethal means of incapacitation.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
The guy who exposed two rapists now faces 10 years in jail.

The person who exposed war crimes faces 35 years in prison.

The guy who shot an unarmed black teen 6 times won't even get indicted.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:31 pm »
The evidence from the grand jury is gradually being released, so you can find it on Google. A few salient points:

* Wilson claimed that fighting Brown was like fighting "Hulk Hogan" and he fired because he was afraid that Brown would literally kill him by punching him so hard. Wilson's medical records and photographs of his injuries were released and he suffered nothing but minor bruising to the right side of his face, indicative of a fairly weak punch.

* Wilson claimed that Brown, against all logic, charged with his head down like a football player while simultaneously reaching into his waistband for a nonexistent gun.

* Wilson admitted that he shot at Brown as he fled and that Brown had his hands up when he continued shooting.

Also, the National Bar Association is calling bullshit and prepping to bring federal charges. They said that there's no way the (I should point out, almost all white) grand jury failed to get an indictment with the available evidence and witnesses, and they're suspicious about it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »
Something's rotten in the state of Missouri.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2014, 02:01:29 pm »
* Wilson claimed that Brown, against all logic, charged with his head down like a football player while simultaneously reaching into his waistband for a nonexistent gun.

* Wilson admitted that he shot at Brown as he fled and that Brown had his hands up when he continued shooting.

TOTALLY not a contradiction.
Who needs a signature?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »
Wilson admitted that he shot at Brown as he fled and that Brown had his hands up when he continued shooting.

That's the federal case in a nutshell.

Brown was a nasty customer in the convenience store - we all saw the security cam footage of him tussling with the store manager. He was probably anything but polite when the cop told him to get the "fuck outta the middle of the street" later on. But even if Brown DID actually charge back towards Wilson, Wilson had every chance to retreat to the safety of his patrol car, or use a Taser or pepper spray, or simply use his baton. The "he was reaching into his waistband" thing is the standard cop-out for emptying a clip into a suspect.

Teenagers sometimes go through a "I'm a tough guy! Fuck all of you!" stage. It is part of growing up. There should be no excuse to gun down somebody just because they are acting like a bully and an asshole. Yet clearly the grand jury believes that doing any of that while black is justification to be summarily slaughtered.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.