Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 73274 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »
Hopefully, the feds can bring the son of a bitch to justice.  Assuming an angry mob doesn't get to him first, which it might.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »
Nah, it sounds like the part of Ferguson populated by whites is pretty well protected by the riot police and national guard. It's the area populated by blacks where people are allowed to riot and burn property. Unless the he is suicidal enough to go there he won't be in any danger.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2014, 03:05:33 pm »
I hear George Zimmerman needs a roommate.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2014, 03:30:48 pm »
I know the kid robbed the store, but something doesn't seem right about the report when they state that Brown charged like a football player to a fully armed officer. It sounds like an excuse. Like shouting "Look out he's coming right for us!" To justify shooting an animal.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »
The kid did not rob any store.  He wasn't even a suspect, just someone who looked like the suspect.  Even then, NOTHING JUSTIFIES THIS!  NOTHING!

The DA decided he didn't want to do shit with this case so he layed everything out to the grand jury.  And I do mean everything.  And then said, "ok so is he guilty or not?  If he isn't, don't bring back a true bill".  He fucking took a dove.  And the National Bar isn't happy.

http://theurbandaily.com/2014/11/25/bar-association-grand-jury-decision/

Ironbite-they're putting together something for the feds to use.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »
Hopefully this will get the feds involved, I just don't think that Wilson should just get off scot free.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »
Unfortunately a federal case has higher standards to meet to be brought to trial.

But the burden of proof for bringing federal civil rights charges against Wilson will be much higher than it was in the criminal case. The Justice Department will not only have to demonstrate probable cause, which local prosecutors failed to do, but also that Officer Wilson “willfully” deprived Brown of his civil rights when he fired his gun “under the color of law” – in other words, by acting as a police officer rather than a normal citizen.

Attorney General Holder acknowledged as much in a statement Monday night, stating: “federal civil rights law imposes a high legal bar in these types of cases.” That legal burden has proven difficult to satisfy in similar high profile cases. George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2012, has still not been indicted on any federal charges despite an ongoing Justice investigation.

It's possible a federal investigation would get somewhere, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »
Higher standards then a DA who really doesn't want to prosecute this case?

Ironbite-so left it all on the Grand Jury to decide guilt or innocence despite that not being their job?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #368 on: November 25, 2014, 06:28:05 pm »
Higher standards then a DA who really doesn't want to prosecute this case?

Ironbite-so left it all on the Grand Jury to decide guilt or innocence despite that not being their job?

Higher standards as in this local decision may have been absolute bullshit, but it's unlikely a federal investigation could bring forth charges even if they tried. There's an additional burden of proof involved in civil rights cases.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
Now for some relatively good news:

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2014, 09:40:55 pm »
The feds have said that they don't have much of a case.

Well, it isn't as if we already had a foolproof judicial court system. OJ Simpson, Ibid. In my little corner of the US, all shootings by police officers are rubberstamped as "justifiable." It has always been that way and never will change.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:44:31 pm by Hoplite »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2014, 09:50:20 pm »
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/11/26/12/11/ferguson-cop-declares-he-wouldnt-change-a-thing

Apparently, he feels no remorse over the whole thing. Go figure.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2014, 10:24:18 pm »
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/11/26/12/11/ferguson-cop-declares-he-wouldnt-change-a-thing

Apparently, he feels no remorse over the whole thing. Go figure.

Quote from tumbl summarizes my feelings towards this:

can we just talk about the fact that, regardless of literally every other factor contributing to Mike Brown’s death, the asshole that killed him showed no sympathy, he even went and got married while he was on paid leave because he could not give less of a shit about the fact he took a kid’s life.

any fucking normal person with actual morals that wasn’t a piece of shit would feel fucking bad about killing someone, even if it had been in self defense.

I've heard of people who've been completely justified in killing someone still feeling like shit after doing the deed, because no matter how deserved, the taking of another human life tends to weigh people down.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2014, 11:02:42 pm »
The kid did not rob any store.  He wasn't even a suspect, just someone who looked like the suspect.  Even then, NOTHING JUSTIFIES THIS!  NOTHING!
Um, well ...

But that doesn't justify his death.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:32 pm »
Associated Press has compiled PDFs of the evidence shown the grand jury.

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_documents/ferguson-shooting/

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.