Author Topic: What annoys you in video games?  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: What annoys you in video games?
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:33 am »
If you chuck it all on the ground, leave the house, and then come back, you can place it without issues. It's a major pain in the ass, though.

Does that even work for getting stuff to stay in display cases?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2014, 11:16:51 am »
Assuming you're talking about Hearthfire, the display cases are pretty useless and like to randomly delete stuff. There's a mod that tries to make them operate like the ones in the regular homes, but it's pretty glitchy too. I put Nettlebane in one, came back later to find it floating halfway across the room, and then it magically disappeared after I tried to replace it in the case.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:42 am »
Yes, Hearthfire (though I've had the problem in the Windhelm house as well).

When stuff magically disappears, check just inside the front door.  I've had things vanish only to appear at the point where I entered the house.  Oddly, this has happened in Fallout 3 and Skyrim.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2014, 12:31:14 pm »
I don't suppose any of you lovely people know how to fix a bug with a maniquin that keeps replicating armour I put on it but took off and replaced with different armor?  I wouldn't mind (hey, free money basically) but it's the replicated armour that's displayed instead of the armour I want to be displayed.

It's the 360 version btw so unofficial patches and console commands can't come to my rescue.

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2014, 01:12:11 am »
What about the mannequins that move off their pedestals?  That's kind of freaky.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2014, 01:23:45 am »
Some people think it might be a feature instead of a glitch.

It makes for great accidental horror nonetheless.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2014, 06:58:27 am »
Pointless "collect twenty bear asses to advance" type quests in games where that's not the point (so non-mmos). Bioshock (especially Arcadia - god I hate that place), I'm givin' you a double dose of stinkeye here.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2014, 07:54:23 am »
Pointless "collect twenty bear asses to advance" type quests in games where that's not the point (so non-mmos). Bioshock (especially Arcadia - god I hate that place), I'm givin' you a double dose of stinkeye here.

I can accept "we need X of these to do Y" missions if they have been framed in a plausible way. The thing that really annoys me is when a boss fight is replaced with "press button to win."

The worst offenders are the first Quake and Dino Crisis 2. The latter in particular was rage inducing. They had been making the giant "Terrorsaurus" or something look like a scary boss. It was introduced killing the T-Rex which had originally been made to look like the boss of the game so the expectation is that the fight will be tough...

NOPE. You just run past the boss (who for some reason just stands in the middle of the room invulnerable to your meager weapons) and press a button. Then you run past the boss again to press a button. And then you do it for the third time and watch a video of the dino being killed by an orbital gun.

To further twist the knife in the wound every time you press a button the game gives the generic "HERE BE A BUTTON: DO YOU WISH TO PRESS DA BUTTON? YES? NO?" prompt.

It is literally asking "do you wish to win the game?" Except that even there the only alternatives are "YES" and "NO I'll rather dick around untill I come back and answer YES because it is the only way to proceed."

...Grrr.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2014, 12:42:54 pm »
At least its not like the Factions expansion for the first Guild Wars, where you had at least three separate confirmation dialogues to go thru before you could start a mission.  First was in actual dialogue, the second was making sure you were ready, then the third was just there so you could make sure everyone else in the party was ready.  The latter two weren't even framed in the manner of actual dialogue, they were just your standard Yes/No prompts.

"Do you want to enter the mission?"
"Yes, I want to enter the mission."
"Are you SURE you're ready?"
"...That's why I said 'yes' the first time, dolt."
"Are you sure EVERYONE ELSE IS READY?!"
"I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SOUL."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.