Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273740 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #480 on: May 02, 2016, 03:09:01 pm »
Interesting scientific find: African Elephants can distinguish between different human languages.  Scientists found that when they played recordings of Maasai people (who hunt elephants) Elephants reacted with fear fleeing or moving to protect their young.  But when the played recordings of Kempa people (who don't) they noticed but didn't react.

One smug right wing asshole decided this proves racial profiling is smart

There is no real difference between an elephant’s heightened sense of alert upon hearing a particular speech pattern over our reaction to hearing dialects identifiable as coming from inner city gangster culture. Skin color? Not a factor. In case you don’t already know this; the Maasai and the Kamba are both black. (Can’t really call them African Americans for obvious reasons. Well … maybe not so obvious to liberals.)

Experience instructs. People -- and elephants -- learn.

When elephants exhibit this behavior in the wild it’s an occasion for marveling at their intelligence. When humans exhibit this behavior in high crime areas, it’s called racism.

Because white people are an endangered species on the verge of extinction.

It's amazing how smart animals are, but people assume they're stupid because they don't talk or build things. I know crows can communicate faces of people to their young, and then the young crows know to avoid those people.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #481 on: May 02, 2016, 03:19:06 pm »
Interesting scientific find: African Elephants can distinguish between different human languages.  Scientists found that when they played recordings of Maasai people (who hunt elephants) Elephants reacted with fear fleeing or moving to protect their young.  But when the played recordings of Kempa people (who don't) they noticed but didn't react.

One smug right wing asshole decided this proves racial profiling is smart

There is no real difference between an elephant’s heightened sense of alert upon hearing a particular speech pattern over our reaction to hearing dialects identifiable as coming from inner city gangster culture. Skin color? Not a factor. In case you don’t already know this; the Maasai and the Kamba are both black. (Can’t really call them African Americans for obvious reasons. Well … maybe not so obvious to liberals.)

Experience instructs. People -- and elephants -- learn.

When elephants exhibit this behavior in the wild it’s an occasion for marveling at their intelligence. When humans exhibit this behavior in high crime areas, it’s called racism.

Because white people are an endangered species on the verge of extinction.

It's amazing how smart animals are, but people assume they're stupid because they don't talk or build things. I know crows can communicate faces of people to their young, and then the young crows know to avoid those people.

It really is amazing.  Did you know that crocodiles have been observed using tools?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #482 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:28 am »
(Can’t really call them African Americans for obvious reasons. Well … maybe not so obvious to liberals.)

Because if dem librulz find out that there are African Africans in a continent called Africa their brains will asplode. Librulz ain't gud at that book learning stuff.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #483 on: May 03, 2016, 01:49:41 am »
While were on that note, can we get the republicans to change their mascot to something besides Elephants?  Elephants really don't fir them as a party:

1) Elephants are right up there with the Apes for the smartest animals on earth, republicans are anti-science and anti-intellectual.
2) Elephants have possibly the highest level of confirmed altruism and empathy of any animal, republicans are based on bigotry and "fuck you I've got mine" economics.
3) Elephants are matriarchal and frequently engage in homosexual acts, republicans are sexist and homophobic.

And frankly it seems wrong to make your symbol an animal your policies are helping drive into extinction.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2016, 01:56:09 am »
You're absolutely right. The GOP mascot should be a ground vole with a monocle.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #485 on: May 03, 2016, 02:31:26 am »
Nah.

(click to show/hide)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #486 on: May 03, 2016, 02:53:23 am »
Wow that's kind of perfect.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #487 on: May 03, 2016, 07:58:42 am »
Or maybe this, 'cuz they're slimy, carrion eating pricks addicted to twisted logic

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2016, 06:19:34 am »
Who's up for a rousing round of telling abuse victims to walk it off? No one? TOO BAD HERE WE GO

Quote from: tumblr user keyhollow
Stop being a victim. Use your experience to learn and grow and perhaps help others. Use it to strengthen yourself and better read situations, understand things around you. Don’t fall into a blubbering mass of self pity and depression. Rise.

(The post that this one was in response to, for context.)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2016, 07:56:13 am »
Who's up for a rousing round of telling abuse victims to walk it off? No one? TOO BAD HERE WE GO

Stop being a victim. Use your experience to learn and grow and perhaps help others. Use it to strengthen yourself and better read situations, understand things around you. Don’t fall into a blubbering mass of self pity and depression. Rise.

I don't know if that poster didn't read what he said or did and decided to be an extra festy diseased cock about it.

Not sure which is worse.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2016, 08:30:37 am »

I don't know if that poster didn't read what he said or did and decided to be an extra festy diseased cock about it.

Not sure which is worse.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Not only did the commenter completely miss the point they did a 180 and a perfect example of what the original poster was complaining about. It's hard to do that by accident but I suppose stranger things have happened.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #491 on: May 04, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
More likely, keyhollow knows the post is about them and simply thinks the post is wrong. He probably wouldn't phrase it this way, but it could probably be summarized as "calling people who say 'your mindset makes you weak' unkind is exactly the sort of mindset that makes you weak!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #492 on: May 05, 2016, 03:24:10 pm »
This thing, I'm not sure if the writers were 100% honest or if this is supposed to be ironic or parody or something. The fact that it's from Daily Fail is not helping. Anyway, it's a lot more fun if you imagine Gilbert Gottfried reading it while trying to sound as sarcastic as possible

...and ending it by rolling his eyes and going "...Yeah, imagine how the fathers have felt about this before they even got 50% custody."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #493 on: May 05, 2016, 04:01:33 pm »
OFFS. Lauren Libbert. Earning her salary by writing brain dead to rights, tone deaf, idiot drivel for The Daily Fail. But I have to admire her oblivious courage. I'd be nearly suicidal with shame if I ever wrote that, unironically.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #494 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »
Who fucking gives a shit if your useless father misses you, what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee