Author Topic: Things just got real in Ukraine  (Read 38017 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things just got real in Ukraine
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »
Aaaaah, Napoleon Complex.  Now, it begins to make sense.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
Reports out there state that Putin is only 5'5"(1.65 m), although other reports out there state he is 5'7"(1.70 m) which I wouldn't be surprised were from Putin himself.

In comparison: Barack Obama is 6'1"(1.85 m), Bill Clinton is 6'2"(1.88 m), Viktor Yanukovych is 6'4"(1.93 m), and most of the male world leaders are taller than him, but hey, at least Dmitry Medvedev is 5'4"(1.62 m).

I guess now I know what he is overcompensating for...

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »
Really short, looks like a hybrid of Frank Gorshin & Dobby. THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

+ =
(L to R: Dobby, Gorshie, Putie)

And his surname sounds like....

IMAGINE.......THE COMPLEXES.......... :P

And Gorshin played The RIDDLER. Is V-Poo trying to top him in super-villainy? Riddle me this, Batman!

(Dobby The House Elf also resembles a mix of Jamie Farr & Mohandas Gandhi. Poor sweet little Dobby doesn't deserve any of this.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:51:54 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »
Maybe he's upset the Russian hockey team got the shit slipped out of them in the Olympics?

never 4get the happening

But seriously, I'm starting to get real uncomfortable about this shit. now Russia tested an ICBM? Putin can't go away quickly enough.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
Aaaaah, Napoleon Complex.  Now, it begins to make sense.

Amusingly, he's shorter than the actual Napoleon, who was approximately 5'9.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »
Maybe he's upset the Russian hockey team got the shit slipped out of them in the Olympics?

never 4get the happening

But seriously, I'm starting to get real uncomfortable about this shit. now Russia tested an ICBM? Putin can't go away quickly enough.

Why are they testing a missile? Got a link to the source you found this from?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:29 pm »
Shit, I'm Putin's height (5'6") and I don't have delusions of world domination! Dude's got issues...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »
There are times I'm glad I don't have a TV, then there are times that I wish I had one. This is one of those times I wish I had one.

Stupid question to throw out there: From my understanding it seems that Russia wants to take over Ukraine? Is there even a remote possibility that this could throw us into World War III. Because if it does; it ain't going to be pretty.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:37 pm »
There are times I'm glad I don't have a TV, then there are times that I wish I had one. This is one of those times I wish I had one.

Stupid question to throw out there: From my understanding it seems that Russia wants to take over Ukraine? Is there even a remote possibility that this could throw us into World War III. Because if it does; it ain't going to be pretty.

Only over oil.  Putin really wants to reform the USSR.  It was why he pulled this shit with Georgia in '09, and now with the Ukraine.  Unfortunately for Russia, their military hardware is so out of date that it wouldn't take very long at all to really wreck his shit if it came to that.  A couple missiles fired at strategic points in Moscow (say, the Kremlin) and Putin would either be up against the wall getting shot by his own countrymen, or there'd be a military coup because a sizeable chunk of them are just as pissed off about this and they're wondering what the fuck he's doing.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »
Course, if I remember correctly, he's got Yamantau, which is at least as secure as Cheyenne Mountain, if not moreso, so he could keep his command structure and maybe some communicative ability if all hell broke loose.  Then again, so would we, and I highly doubt his idiotic, posturing antics have earned him any friends in the international community.  Other than Kim Jong-Un, maybe, but that motherfucker's insane, so we don't count him.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2014, 09:30:11 pm »
Wonder if he's got his own Stargate in there like they do in Cheyenne?

Ironbite-he could gate to the Alpha Site!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2014, 10:01:47 pm »
Meanwhile in Kiev(Kyiv), John Kerry has visited the capital to lend support to the new interim government.  He also stated that the U.S. was going to give 1 billion USD in aid to Ukraine.

Mrs. Filatova has made another post with a rather disturbing image of a decapitated body on a stretcher being carried away by policemen. I understand that she wants to document the sheer brutality that is occurring in Kiev and to show proof that she isn't making s**t up like with the Chernobyl story. Just that geez, how about a warning about the picture, Elena? 

She states in the post that around February 18th, people working alongside the police were scalping and beheading protestors.  She feels sure that the people responsible are not her fellow countrymen/women, and that war between Ukraine and Russia is imminent.  She also believes that Putin is insane.

She hasn't mentioned anything about John Kerry visiting Kiev yet.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:00:33 am by Kat S. »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 02:31:41 am »
BREAKING NEWS: All of this ruckus is Obama's fault because...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lindsey-graham-ukraine-benghazi

...Apparently everything that happens in the world must somehow relate to USA. And if possible it must be Obama's fault.

In related news: "Falling from your chair due to laugher may cause pain, injuries."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 02:38:21 am »
In related news: "Falling from your chair due to laugher may cause pain, injuries."
Ugh. Thanks, Obama.