Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115226 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4410 on: September 30, 2015, 12:49:13 pm »

Because the conquest of the New World and refugees migrating to Britain are totally the same thing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4411 on: September 30, 2015, 01:24:35 pm »

Because the conquest of the New World and refugees migrating to Britain are totally the same thing.

Of course! Don't you know anything about... history?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4412 on: October 01, 2015, 11:34:15 am »

have fun tearing this one apart. i give up.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #4413 on: October 01, 2015, 12:14:37 pm »
It's the same old "if you're talking about issue A, then you are literally incapable of talking about issues B-Z" bullshit again.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4414 on: October 01, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »
Is it wrong that I read it in a way that the media is focusing on something pointless, instead of the real issues. When put in that perspective it's not that dumb, I mean, this just what media has been doing the whole election on the Democratic side at least.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:11:30 pm by nickiknack »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4415 on: October 01, 2015, 02:14:30 pm »
GOP side too.  Which is why it surprises them when an actual moderate candidate is able to take the bull by the horns and shoot so far up in the polls.

Ironbite-looking at Sanders.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4416 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:05 pm »

have fun tearing this one apart. i give up.

And the person who made this poster is talking about Hillary talking about pumpkin spice lattes, which is an even more insignificant issue.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4417 on: October 01, 2015, 11:39:10 pm »
It's the same old "if you're talking about issue A, then you are literally incapable of talking about issues B-Z" bullshit again.
Why are you typing when children are being murdered in dafur?

Even Then

« Reply #4418 on: October 02, 2015, 04:50:22 am »
Why are you talking about children being murdered in Dafur when children are being murdered AND tortured in <some other location>?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4419 on: October 02, 2015, 08:46:09 am »
Y  U typing bout childn whn babbies r been abortion1!?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

pyro

« Reply #4420 on: October 02, 2015, 09:39:46 am »
Y  U typing bout childn whn babbies r been abortion1!?
You win.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4421 on: October 04, 2015, 09:20:46 pm »

pyro

« Reply #4422 on: October 04, 2015, 10:52:53 pm »
In reactionary land, jury-rigged electronics look like bombs.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4423 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:16 am »

This....is dumb.

Breathing is pollution? Halitosis?

I did chuckle at the pic with Klinger (the guy in the upper left with the dress)....He was always an amusing character on M.A.S.H.....especially when he tried to go AWOL with a homemade hang glider.

However, he was much more a soldier than those backwoods wingnut "militia" dorks will ever be!

I'll bet that guy attacking that other person in that photo isn't even Michael Brown. Whenever a black kid was shot & killed by a bad cop, the weirdos would smear the kid's memory by pretend a photo of some other gangsta punk was them.

We find Rachel Dolzal pretty ridiculous as well, along with the pop-tart debacle.

We know not all cops are bad but said occupation has been attracting bullying nuts and the bad cops are hardly punished even if they clearly committed murder.

We're aware Zimmerman is half-Peruvian. We just want him to be punished for murder. He could be a purple Klingon with tentacles, for all I care! He stalked and killed a kid! He deserves prison!

Caitlyn is a woman despite being born physically male. She was an anatomically female brain inside an anatomically male body. That dashing young man winning gold in the 1976 Olympics was a woman with a man's body. She has every right to live as a woman. The brain is the seat of the mind, the soul, the person-hood....the brain overrules the body.

No, weird old tea-party grannies aren't terrorists, crazy psychopathic, mass-shooting ammosexuals are. Granny's harmless.

We don't all worship Ernesto "Che" Guevara. He was a brutal nut and only an extreme moonbat would find him heroic (many of us who are young and stupid just think he looks good on a t-shirt). A guy asking a woman out isn't rape. Who the heck cares concerning Warren. That kid made a clock and the authorities KNEW it and rioting and trashing stuff is dumb and most decent Progressives prefer marches.

Mine is out of order but if someone else can do a better take-down of each of these, be my guest.

As of this writing, I have to go to bed. Goodnight.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:27:55 am by Barbarella »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4424 on: October 05, 2015, 01:34:26 am »
In reactionary land, jury-rigged electronics look like bombs.

Here's the thing though, it wasn't jury rigged. It was literally an off the shelf clock with the case removed and the guts shoved in the most stereotypical "bomb" looking case on hand. I don't mean he made it out of ready made sub-components or anything, I mean literally unscrewed the plastic of an old alarm clock and mounted the internals in a suitcase. There's a big difference in a clock someone made themselves and a store bought clock completely unmodified shoved in a case in a manner that renders it useless as a clock (The lid covers the display).

As I recall the kid was not arrested for having a bomb, he was arrested for having a hoax bomb. I recall nothing about a bomb squad being called or a building being evacuated as would been done had an actual bomb been present.

I haven't researched the story much, but the thing I keep hearing is that the kids dad was some kind of politician or activist. Speculation is that the dad made the thing and had his kid take it to school knowing what would happen. Apparently the kid actually showed it to multiple teachers and the all said it was cool but that he should probably put it up for obvious reasons, and it wasn't until an alarm on the clock went off that he got in trouble.

As I said, I'm not sure of the two previous paragraphs. Did the kid really just assemble the thing as an incredibly early attempt at doing anything with electronics or was there some ulterior motive? I don't know. He certainly didn't invent the clock as is claimed by so many people. I don't know if he himself ever used the word "invented" but if so it was either poor wording or dishonesty. The whole thing sounds like a bit like a combo of "balloon boy" and lawsuit baiting. That's why I'm taking the story with a big grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I have severe issue with people mistaking anything with a circuit board as bomb. Remember the Aqua Teen Hunger Force signs a few years back? When an official cited the presence of wires, circuits, and batteries as "suspicious"? That was utterly ridiculous. Do you know how hard it is to buy any substance with even a slightly complicated name? I do all kinds of DIY projects and some I plan to do involve slightly hazardous chemicals. The thing is, there only hazardous to idiots and people intentionally trying to hurt someone. For example, anodizing aluminum requires a powerful acid bath, and the acid is almost impossible to buy for individuals in high concentrations. Luckily the concentration in battery acid is just a little higher than needed, so it's perfect. The presumption that various hobbyists are up to no good, particularly electrical and chemical related thing, is something that drives me nuts. However I really think there's more to this story than a kid built a clock.

Here's an youtuber I watch who's and electrical engineer showing off a clock he made way back in the day. Best comment was by a guy named "Redneck Billy" saying, "Sir, that clearly looks like a thermonucular warhand. Judging by the cable colors, it has the energy of 50 megabytes of TNT. Unfortunately I haven't been able to decode the Arabic hieroglyphs you wrote on the sheet of paper, but my team is working on it. You will pay for your crimes!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGhoRuhlxM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGhoRuhlxM</a>

Are the teacher and cops involved stupid? Likely. Are zero tolerance rules stupid? Yes. Are uneducated idiots paranoid and not have a single clue what things are actually dangerous? Absolutely. 
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov