Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653333 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4695 on: November 06, 2014, 03:52:12 pm »
Well, where there's smoke, there's fire.  The ties between labor unions and organized crime cannot be ignored.  This isn't just an American thing, either.  It's happened in France, Italy, and Japan as well.

And besides, measures must be taken to prevent tyranny of the majority.

What about the tyranny of the minority?

That too.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4696 on: November 06, 2014, 03:53:56 pm »
Well, where there's smoke, there's fire.  The ties between labor unions and organized crime cannot be ignored.  This isn't just an American thing, either.  It's happened in France, Italy, and Japan as well.

And besides, measures must be taken to prevent tyranny of the majority.

What about the tyranny of the minority?

That too.

Well, I'm a lot more concerned about that, to be frank.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4697 on: November 06, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »
Well, where there's smoke, there's fire.  The ties between labor unions and organized crime cannot be ignored. 
Forgive my ignorance, but what ties to organized crime?

Jimmy Hoffa is a good example.
Well, sure, but could you link some DoD and FBI reports on the subject?
I mean, Jimmy Hofffa's been dead for 30+ years.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4698 on: November 06, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »
Well, where there's smoke, there's fire.  The ties between labor unions and organized crime cannot be ignored. 
Forgive my ignorance, but what ties to organized crime?

Jimmy Hoffa is a good example.
Well, sure, but could you link some DoD and FBI reports on the subject?
I mean, Jimmy Hofffa's been dead for 30+ years.

There's totally no doubt that some trade union leaders were closely involved in old-fashioned ethnic organised crime. So was the Democratic Party.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4699 on: November 08, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »
Spoilered for size

(click to show/hide)
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4700 on: November 08, 2014, 10:23:19 pm »
Veras,

While I do kinda like some of the stuff in that cartoon, the one about tapping phone messages is off, as that issue seems to transcend party lines. President Obama does it, and many Democratic Congressmen have no problem with it. President Bush also did it, and was supported by many Republicans. In fact, many Tea Party candidates actually do speak out against the use of warrantless wiretaps. Libertarians especially don't like it (one of my friends is a libertarian activist who founded PANDA, so I know a little about what they think).
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4701 on: November 09, 2014, 11:06:14 am »
Good point, but I read the cartoon as being targeted at both major parties.  There are two men wearing dollar sign armbands, just as there are two capitalist parties.  The Republicans are worse than the Democrats on most of those issues, but that does not necessarily make the Democrats right.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #4702 on: November 10, 2014, 01:14:18 am »
Good point, but I read the cartoon as being targeted at both major parties.  There are two men wearing dollar sign armbands, just as there are two capitalist parties.  The Republicans are worse than the Democrats on most of those issues, but that does not necessarily make the Democrats right.

You have one party in America. Corporations. The only difference between republicans and democrats is the rate at which they abuse the American people. (although given how Obama, Mr change, is effectively worse than bush was, they are literally identical at this point.)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4703 on: November 10, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »
I realize that Obama hasn't been the greatest president so far, but I'm going to need some convincing if you say he's worse than Bush. And no, there are still major differences between the two political parties. Your views seem to be overly exaggerated.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4704 on: November 10, 2014, 10:52:52 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4705 on: November 11, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4706 on: November 11, 2014, 02:00:51 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4707 on: November 11, 2014, 05:16:05 pm »
I was about to ask why he had a third arm, but then I realized it's a scarf.

...Also, mysteriously, when I clicked "new" to read the first new post in the thread, it took me to the third page of this entire thread.

I was a bit confused.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4708 on: November 12, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4709 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »