Author Topic: GOP approves new party platform  (Read 7530 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Re: GOP approves new party platform
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »
The fact that "no abortion exemptions for rape" is now in their official party platform means that their public condemnation of Todd Akin for his comments was nothing but saving face. This proves that they do not give a shit what he said, they're just mad at him for telling everyone outright what they all actually believe.

Distind

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »
Say what you want about Obama, at least he isn't as frothing-at-the-mouth nuts as these stupid bastards are.

Given they've been like this since he won the democrat primary in 08, I'm surprised he's managed a damn thing.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 03:48:28 pm »
All that's missing is the Jim Crow Laws. That is missing, right?

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »
All that's missing is the Jim Crow Laws. That is missing, right?

Don't worry, they're also in the process of creating voter ID laws in order to prevent blacks, latinos, and poor people from voting.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 04:03:30 pm »
I'm waiting for the Obama win, then his answer to the news is "okay, good.  Time for no more mister nice President.  Let's go to work!"

The next day, all the politicians and Freepers advocating violent revolution are arrested and sentenced for treason.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »
Oh if only that could happen.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »
Oh if only that could happen.

Shut up! I can dream, can't I?! *runs off crying*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 03:45:22 am »
All the voting laws that are in place were created by the Republicans, right?  If so, and after all the other crap they've been trying to pull, I want to vote for Obama just to stick it to them for once. 

I'd actually prefer Gary Johnson, but I don't want the Republicans to get away with all of this.  If Obama wins, I'll give him a year to actually get us in the right direction.  If nothing changes, I'm pushing for a Vote Independent 2016 campaign.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Xander Zzyzx

• Apprentice
  • Now with 25% more devil
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:00 am »
I just read that list and: holy shit! Especially that part about the mandatory ultrasounds, I guess as long as it's not the woman's choice, right, GOP? And as for the Arizona-style immigration laws: That would probably make me afraid of going anywhere the US, ever. I'd hate to be any America who isn't sour cream white after they get their way. It seems like in their hell-bent desire to restore the USA to a Flanderized version of the 1950s, they have overshot that goal and, instead, will end up making it a complete dystopia.

Saturn500

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »
I just read that list and: holy shit! Especially that part about the mandatory ultrasounds, I guess as long as it's not the woman's choice, right, GOP? And as for the Arizona-style immigration laws: That would probably make me afraid of going anywhere the US, ever. I'd hate to be any America who isn't sour cream white after they get their way. It seems like in their hell-bent desire to restore the USA to a Flanderized version of the 1950s, they have overshot that goal and, instead, will end up making it a complete dystopia. the Fallout Universe's pre-war USA.

Fixed

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »
So now the Republican Party is more crazy than the Constitution Party. Just great.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »
I just read that list and: holy shit! Especially that part about the mandatory ultrasounds, I guess as long as it's not the woman's choice, right, GOP? And as for the Arizona-style immigration laws: That would probably make me afraid of going anywhere the US, ever. I'd hate to be any America who isn't sour cream white after they get their way. It seems like in their hell-bent desire to restore the USA to a Flanderized version of the 1950s, they have overshot that goal and, instead, will end up making it a complete dystopia. the Fallout Universe's pre-war USA.

Fixed

Fundamentalism... Fundamentalism never changes.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »

Fixed

Fundamentalism... Fundamentalism never changes.

Kinda funny how no matter what mask fundamentalism wears, it all boils down to the same kinds of bullshit.

Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Antitheist, Buddhist, Taoist, Republican, Democrat (though rare), BNP, etc.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:56:33 pm by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 08:53:44 pm »
THESE FREAKS HAVE ALLLLLLL BOARDED THE CRAZY TRAIN!

I hope there's a RECORD NUMBER OF SANE, PROGRESSIVE VOTERS, THIS YEAR!!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:20 pm »
Good news is, there seems to be something of a growing coalition of Republican Women (and I'm sure Republican Men Who Support Women) that are vocally supporting Obama.

Hopefully it'll counteract the voters that the Republicans are desperate disenfranchising so that they can rig this election.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet