Author Topic: Pork-laced bullets? Really?  (Read 8440 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Pork-laced bullets? Really?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 09:39:20 am »
Not that this detracts from how stupid and/or offensive and/or pointless this idea is, but I have to admit that, as a pun lover, I laughed pretty hard at the fact that it is called "jihawg ammo."
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 10:50:11 am »
This got me thinking about something.

How big part is the motive when punishing a crime?

For example, if someone burns down my house in order to kill me, but I'm not home when it happens is that still attempted homicide? Or just arson?

Someone using these pork bullets on a muslim would either really believe that he is sending the victim to hell, or choose the ammo because the family of the victim would believe he had been sent to hell. So in a way these bullets were made to cause additional grief to the victim (or their family.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 11:52:05 am »

For example, if someone burns down my house in order to kill me, but I'm not home when it happens is that still attempted homicide? Or just arson?

Someone using these pork bullets on a muslim would either really believe that he is sending the victim to hell, or choose the ammo because the family of the victim would believe he had been sent to hell. So in a way these bullets were made to cause additional grief to the victim (or their family.)

On the subject of the arson, it depends on what motive is applied. If it's proven that the person was attempting to kill you through the house fire, it's attempted murder because the intent is to cause your death.

On the subject of pork bullets, you might get extra punishment added on due to it being a hate crime if the attorney in question could successfully argue against you. But if you're already getting life in prison for murder, it wouldn't be much.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 10:03:32 am »
The suspect cartridges never actually made it to the natives.  But when the Brits gave them ungreased cartridges and suggested the soldiers grease them themselves with "whatever they found appropriate," it convinced a lot of them that the rumors were true and the British were trying to destroy their religions.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 11:10:02 pm »

On the subject of the arson, it depends on what motive is applied. If it's proven that the person was attempting to kill you through the house fire, it's attempted murder because the intent is to cause your death.

On the subject of pork bullets, you might get extra punishment added on due to it being a hate crime if the attorney in question could successfully argue against you. But if you're already getting life in prison for murder, it wouldn't be much.
If the charge/plea is second degree murder or manslaughter then hate crime charge

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:50 am »
Oh, also, consider that targeting civilians and suicide are both forbidden by the Koran, and considered much more serious offenses than eating pork.  If they're willing to twist their scripture enough to make suicide bombings okay, they'll twist it enough to make the pork grease a badge of honor.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 11:10:38 am »
And remember folks:

Square bullets for Muslims
Circular bullets for Christians
Rocket propelled for heretics and xenos!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 12:07:57 pm »
And remember folks:

Square bullets for Muslims
Circular bullets for Christians
Rocket propelled for heretics and xenos!

I understand all the references in your post and actually consider it funny.

That's a first.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!