Author Topic: German Neo-Nazis trolled  (Read 1357 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
German Neo-Nazis trolled
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:35:59 am »
Just a little story that brought a smile to my face.

The German neo-Nazis have a yearly demonstration in the village where Rudolf Hess is buried. The villagers naturally aren't at all pleased with this and have in vain tried to stop the demonstrations. Since the villagers haven't had any success they changed their tactics. Instead of trying to directly prevent the demonstration they have came up with an ingenious idea. This year they openly welcomed the demonstrators to the village and promised that for each meter they march the village will contribute 10 euros to a NGO that helps neo-Nazis who want to leave the movement. The total donations collected thanks to the demonstration was 10 000 euros.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
Re: German Neo-Nazis trolled
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 06:20:26 am »
I thought neo-Nazis are illegal in Germany.
I know they have a peculiar popularity throughout the racists and bigots of the world, but as far as my very limited knowledge goes anything even vaguely Nazi related is illegal and cracked down upon with indecent haste.

Also, there is an NGO that helps neo-nazi's leave the movement? Why do they need an NGO for that? Are the neo-nazi's that dangerous towards people trying to leave? I think it would be interesting to find out more.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:45:05 am »
They don't call themselves Nazi, don't exactly replicate the  Nazi salute and don't wear Swastikas.

Thereby obeying the letter of the law while giving the bird to the spirit of the law!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:10:15 am »
Yep. There is no law that forbids organizing a march to commemorate fallen heroes in a village where a Nazi leader is buried.

Also, there is an NGO that helps neo-nazi's leave the movement? Why do they need an NGO for that? Are the neo-nazi's that dangerous towards people trying to leave? I think it would be interesting to find out more.
They offer support to for example marginalized youths and convicts who want to change their lives. They do also help with safety issues if they can but that isn't their main focus. (Source: http://www.exit-deutschland.de/EXIT/Navigation/Ausstieg/EXIT/EXIT-K351.htm)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 10:03:34 am »
Good job, villagers.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:01 am »
The movement trying to stop people from leaving isn't the only problem.

Let's take a random young person who wants to get out. Is he/she covered in neo-nazi tattoos? How many people are willing to hire a person with neo-nazi tattoos? Getting tattoos removed is likely to be a major moneyhole for those leaving the movement.

Peer support is also important. Leaving a movement/organisation/cult can be hard since it may also mean leaving behind friends or even their family.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!