Author Topic: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?  (Read 79872 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:06 pm »
Wow...just wow.  We have a site dedicated to ripping out logical falancies in some fundies argument and we're the ones who do one ad hom after another?

Ironbite-how cute and quait.

My guess is they heard the phrase somewhere and it thought it sounds better than (a more accurate) "Nuh uh! You are!"
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:02 pm »
I would like to make an update. I found the source of PastorDave's avatar. The source picture is of an actual pastor. I contacted this person about the troll who was misrepresenting him on an online forum. He replied promptly. He is not PastorDave, he has never posted on this forum, and none of his children have been involved with drugs.

So yeah, whoever posted here was definitely a troll who stole someone else's identity.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
Veddy interestink... *Monocle falls in Pepsi*  Shit.

Offline czechmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2012, 04:44:14 am »
Yeah, I wish we had kept this guy around for longer. I was looking forward to launching my own attack on his KJV-only position - namely, that the only TRUE version of the Bible is the original Hebrew, with all others being translations, and therefore potentially erroneous.
Aramaic - Hebrew script came later. Since most of the stories were the result of 2 millenia of Chinese Whispers in the first place, their true validity is inherently suspect.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2012, 11:09:08 am »
Yeah, I wish we had kept this guy around for longer. I was looking forward to launching my own attack on his KJV-only position - namely, that the only TRUE version of the Bible is the original Hebrew, with all others being translations, and therefore potentially erroneous.
Aramaic - Hebrew script came later. Since most of the stories were the result of 2 millenia of Chinese Whispers in the first place, their true validity is inherently suspect.

I've heard that Jesus was a teacher who was teaching Buddhist teaching to the people of the land. But I've heard that once. And This would only be six hundred years removed and Indian.

Sooooo.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2012, 02:01:06 pm »
I would like to make an update. I found the source of PastorDave's avatar. The source picture is of an actual pastor. I contacted this person about the troll who was misrepresenting him on an online forum. He replied promptly. He is not PastorDave, he has never posted on this forum, and none of his children have been involved with drugs.

So yeah, whoever posted here was definitely a troll who stole someone else's identity.

Well, that's obnoxious.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

Well, that's obnoxious.
But you see it's okay to steal someone's personal identity and use it to snipe at people in an online forum as long as it's for Jesus.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2012, 04:16:11 pm »
I find it doubtful that the troll was even a Christian.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

• The Beast
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »

This.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »
I still would not be shocked if he did consider himself Christian and just enjoys trolling atheists.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2012, 05:21:31 am »

I think I saw someone claim once that the reason the KJV Bible is the most accurate English translation, and thus the true word of God, is because they believed God guided the translators into writing a completely-faithful-to-the-original English Bible.

• The Beast
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2012, 12:25:27 pm »

I think I saw someone claim once that the reason the KJV Bible is the most accurate English translation, and thus the true word of God, is because they believed God guided the translators into writing a completely-faithful-to-the-original English Bible.

OK, then why can't it be assumed that that every time someone re-translates the Bible, they're guided by God? Because the KJV sounds prettier? God speaks only in Elizabethan now?