Author Topic: Taft High School Shooting  (Read 15140 times)

Offline itlallburn

• Neonate
Re: Taft High School Shooting
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 09:21:03 pm »
I thought so.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59:47 pm »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »
Question: What happens when the armed teacher goes on a rampage? Do we arm the students? The custodians?

Further question: What happens if the teacher decides to go on a rampage even though he/she isn't allowed to carry in school?

Shooting up an entire classroom isn't exactly something done on a whim, where you get angry and then cool off after going home and thinking about it. None of the school shootings in history have been "I'm angry at this classroom that's right in front of me and I have a gun, so TASTE MY WRATH."

If someone decides to go on a rampage, they're going to do it even if they're banned from carrying in that area. If they don't have guns, they'll go like the Akibahara killer and just ram a truck into a crowd and start stabbing people. I'm willing to bet that far more people (yes, even in America) have vehicles and a large collection of melee weapons than ones that have guns. Stopping gun violence has never been achieved or even SLOWED in America by preventing the non-crazies from carrying weapons in public. The problems aren't related to the guns, but to the society that allows these people to get to the point where they feel that murdering their colleagues or random people is the only solution or something that they otherwise desire, then trying to blame everything on guns instead.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Jerry Cosmo Kramer

• Neonate
  • "Knowlege is Good"- Emil Faber 1904
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »
Question: What happens when the armed teacher goes on a rampage? Do we arm the students? The custodians?

Further question: What happens if the teacher decides to go on a rampage even though he/she isn't allowed to carry in school?

Shooting up an entire classroom isn't exactly something done on a whim, where you get angry and then cool off after going home and thinking about it. None of the school shootings in history have been "I'm angry at this classroom that's right in front of me and I have a gun, so TASTE MY WRATH."

If someone decides to go on a rampage, they're going to do it even if they're banned from carrying in that area. If they don't have guns, they'll go like the Akibahara killer and just ram a truck into a crowd and start stabbing people. I'm willing to bet that far more people (yes, even in America) have vehicles and a large collection of melee weapons than ones that have guns. Stopping gun violence has never been achieved or even SLOWED in America by preventing the non-crazies from carrying weapons in public. The problems aren't related to the guns, but to the society that allows these people to get to the point where they feel that murdering their colleagues or random people is the only solution or something that they otherwise desire, then trying to blame everything on guns instead.

I felt like a stoner trying to follow the story-line at 'Lord of the Dance'.  What is your point?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 05:43:09 pm »

I felt like a stoner trying to follow the story-line at 'Lord of the Dance'.  What is your point?
Do you only ever post on this one thread?...

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »

My point is that Rabbit claimed that there's a risk of teachers who carry concealed in school going on a rampage. The problem with that line of thinking is that spree killing isn't exactly a "phase" and not something casually done in anger, like punching a guy in an argument. If someone's so violently insane as to make the decision to murder large numbers of people, not being allowed to carry their gun to the target location isn't going to stop them. Hasn't stopped ANY of the school shootings, actually. Or any number of rampages in public locations that ban concealed carry.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Jerry Cosmo Kramer

• Neonate
  • "Knowlege is Good"- Emil Faber 1904
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:44 pm »

Do you only ever post on this one thread?...

No, I fling everywhere . . . and my apartment smells of rich mahogany and I have many leather-bound books.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »
No seems you post only in this thread.  Majority of your seven posts are here.

Ironbite-you are aware we can check right?

Offline itlallburn

• Neonate
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »

So, you have been Ironybite your whole life . . . good for you!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 04:14:27 pm »

Do you two have a history or something that I should be aware of?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2013, 04:46:14 pm »
Ironybite?  *eyebrow raises*

Ironbite-never had that thrown at me...pray tell how am I being ironic here by pointing out facts?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2013, 02:01:26 am »

So let me get this straight...

Are Jerry and Itlallburn the same person and is he/she using other profiles to post in other threads?

Because that is what I got from that comment. Having a separate profile for each thread/section.

I could be wrong though.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2013, 02:06:27 am »
Maybe they're headmates.

<_<

>_>

*Runs away*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 02:49:05 am »
Can we just lock this thread?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 02:56:36 am »
But then we might never again hear from Jerry and Itlallburn...

Hmmm... Ok, lock the thread.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!