Author Topic: Riot erupts in Taylor, Michigan over shortage of vouchers  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Riot erupts in Taylor, Michigan over shortage of vouchers
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »
http://times247.com/articles/67riot-ensues-at-section-8-voucher-giveaway5

Apparently more people showed up than they expected and a riot broke out.  Sounds like Black Friday and Walmart all over again, only this time no one was hurt, fortunately.

Of course, all fingers immediately point to Obama's 'handouts,' and the fact that they are turning people into monsters who shove children out of the way to get 'free stuff.'

My question is, who really is at fault here?  Should the finger really be pointed at our president and/or the rest of the Democrats or is there more involved.  It's hard to determine because a quick google search brought up page-after-page of, "People stomp each other for Obama's Handouts!" 

That leads me to another question.  What news sites out there, if any, don't lean right or left but call things the way they are?  I'm so sick of looking up an article on an incident or topic and getting, "Evil liberals," or "Conservatives . . . "  I don't mind a site that blasts the left or praises something on the right as long as they're blasting the topic itself and not because it's 'liberal' or 'conservative.' 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Distind

Re: Riot erupts in Taylor, Michigan over shortage of vouchers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:43 pm »
If I was going to put a label on it, probably desperation. Fuck the politics, if you qualify for something like this you're probably going to be a bit wound up to find out you've got a 1/5 chance in getting it due to a quota.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:51:34 pm »
Yeah, the waiting list are really LONG, I know someone who was on the waiting list for close to 10 years. That being said, I'm sick of the whole "obama money, phones, etc" bs. It acts as if gov't welfare never existed before Obama took office.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:53:34 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »
Detroit and other Michigan factory cities at large are truly in death knell stage. It is so bloody awful there these past 10 years or so. I see more and more Detroit transplants down here in Orlando. We keep sitting on our asses watching our industrial cities die due to off-shoring fucking everything. Cuz the highest possible profit margins must be our only value!
Right.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:04:53 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 04:35:14 pm »
Detroit and other Michigan factory cities at large are truly in death knell stage. It is so bloody awful there these past 10 years or so. I see more and more Detroit transplants down here in Orlando. We keep sitting on our asses watching our industrial cities die due to off-shoring fucking everything. Cuz the highest possible profit margins must be our only value!
Right.
It's a combination of that and wanting cheaper goods. Unfortunately, it doesn't make economic sense to make things in America and pay workers living wages, when you can pay some Malaysian children (completely pulling a country out of my ass for the sake of the argument) less than a dollar a day, without worrying about little things like "insurance", "pensions", "restroom breaks", or "fire escapes"? It's the logical result of the capitalist business model looking to increase the profit margin.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:40:41 pm »
Right.
It's a combination of that and wanting cheaper goods. Unfortunately, it doesn't make economic sense to make things in America and pay workers living wages, when you can pay some Malaysian children (completely pulling a country out of my ass for the sake of the argument) less than a dollar a day, without worrying about little things like "insurance", "pensions", "restroom breaks", or "fire escapes"? It's the logical result of the capitalist business model looking to increase the profit margin.

The sad part is a lot of people realize this, but refuse to pay more for American made or "first-world" made goods.  You can't have it both ways people!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:53:15 pm »
Right.

The sad part is a lot of people realize this, but refuse to pay more for American made or "first-world" made goods.  You can't have it both ways people!
The technical term is "libertarian".
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:44 pm »
We could always put in place some sort of border adjustable tax, but that means we might have to start all over with the tax code.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:18 pm »
Funny how it's not a riot for free stuff if people jostle in the line for aid in, say, Mali. Huh.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 06:59:26 pm »
Right.

But we need cheaper gods because real world income has been declining for the past thirty years so off-shoring is helping maintain the American standard of living.  ;)