Author Topic: Sanders/Clinton Democratic debate next week  (Read 23179 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Sanders/Clinton Democratic debate next week
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »
Let me make it clear; I am all about getting someone into office who will stop the GOP's increasingly right wing fanaticism. Just look at Shoebat, this is the kind of man they're listening to, more and more.

If Bernie Sanders wins the primary, I will support him, campaign for him, and do all I can to make sure he becomes elected. If Hillary Clinton wins the primary, I will do exactly the same thing.

This is about stopping someone like Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, Mike Fuckabee, and Ben Carson from becoming President, which given what they're saying and doing, would be a disaster. You have to be capable of amending your loyalties to suit the circumstance in politics.

Vote with your brain come the national elections. Don't spitefully hold out just because Hillary won. The people who could stand to triumph over her are much, much worse.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 07:28:14 pm »

Obama proved to be corporate, but effective: Lily Ledbetter fair pay act, health care reform, ending the war in Iraq, Iran Nuclear Deal, repeal of DADT, allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, the stimulus bill, reducing the deficit by over 60%, reduced unemployment from double digits to I believe 5.8% at the moment, Matthew Shepard Hate Crime Act, executive order requiring hospitals allow same-sex partners visitation rights, greatly improved our international relations, increased our utilization of renewable energy, and most importantly put Sotomayor and Kagan on the Supreme Court. If anyone believes that a republican president would have achieved half of this, then they are pants on head stupid.

The big point in favour of the Democratic nominee (whether Hillary or Sanders) is that none of the GOP nominees would have wanted to do any of those things. Also once in they will do their best to dismantle them. Some of you might not remember but Bill Clinton tried to get Healthcare Reform through and it knobbled him. I don't know what it is but the US feels very strongly about making sure that poor people die. The fact that Obama got it through even in such a compromised form was a political triumph.

The US is still reeling from 8 years of the GOP under Bush. You are still mired in the tar-baby of the Middle East with no-one to throw you into a briar patch. Each of the GOP nominees seems intent on starting and escalating wars in the middle east. Frankly some of them are so hawkish and stupid that they may start a conflict with China. They will almost certainly try to renege on the Iran Deal. They will do all this while at the same time reducing their tax base (either that or shifting it even more from the rich to the poor).

The fact is that there isn't a single GOP nominee who has any business being there. Trump, Rand Paul, Fiorina (spelling?), Walker and Huckabee are bad jokes/ unqualified nightmares. While Jeb Jeb and Christie aren't actively scary it's hard to see them as anything more than mediocrities. I wouldn't let them shine Hillary's, Biden's, Reid's or Sanders' shoes.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »
I don't know what it is but the US feels very strongly about making sure that poor people die.

Your snark and wit never cease to amaze me.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 08:10:57 pm »
I don't know what it is but the US feels very strongly about making sure that poor people die.

Your snark and wit never cease to amaze me.

Aaw, now I'm blushing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:19 pm »
Well, if Hillary gets the nom, I'll still be going third party, thank Cthulhu I live in a solid blue state, and I doubt it'll be changing anytime soon(even the state I may end up moving to is solid blue). After all I didn't vote for Obama the second time, and went third party, and the world didn't end. Also whether you like or not, the free trade deals did burn us, we not only got screwed job wise, but in the area of the transfer of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/13/1393013/-An-honest-look-at-the-impacts-of-free-trade
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:19:13 pm by nickiknack »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »
Same here. If she wins the candidacy, I'll choke back the cringe and vote for her.

If Clinton is the nominee, chances are I'm voting third party. I can endure a Republican-run country to send a message to the Democratic leadership that I don't approve of their plutocratic tendencies.

I mean, sure, I'd vote for Clinton if she suddenly decided to oppose the corporate agenda, but if it ever gets to what mellenORL is describing I'm definitely voting third party.

I'm just at a point in life where I simply cannot sit it out, or vote my conscience in a statistical sacrifice, and not fling my tiny, allotted teaspoonful of democracy against the GOP. Even if that pathetic little teaspoonful is reekin', it still reeks less than the other bastards.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:53:08 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 09:28:25 pm »
Unless they stop being a running joke, I couldn't bring myself to vote third party, no matter how good they are.  Fact of the matter is, that unless something huge happens, third parties will almost always fail, in this country.  Its got as much to do with lack of coverage as it does monkey-brained tribalism.  I'd rather throw in my lot with someone that will fuck me the least.  Unless we have a massive revolution, which is a possibility that is vanishingly slim, at best, third party votes are wasted.  You're better off voting for the person least likely to skull fuck you and your loved ones.  The steps a Hilary presidency would make would likely be small, but they'd still be steps forwards, which is what we need.  If, god forbid, the GOP somehow manages a win, I've little doubt that we'll be sent screaming into a recession so bad, it'll make the Bush recession look like a fucking golden age.  Hilary might screw us, but the GOP would kill us.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 09:40:02 pm »
Unless they stop being a running joke, I couldn't bring myself to vote third party, no matter how good they are.  Fact of the matter is, that unless something huge happens, third parties will almost always fail, in this country.  Its got as much to do with lack of coverage as it does monkey-brained tribalism.  I'd rather throw in my lot with someone that will fuck me the least.  Unless we have a massive revolution, which is a possibility that is vanishingly slim, at best, third party votes are wasted.  You're better off voting for the person least likely to skull fuck you and your loved ones.  The steps a Hilary presidency would make would likely be small, but they'd still be steps forwards, which is what we need.  If, god forbid, the GOP somehow manages a win, I've little doubt that we'll be sent screaming into a recession so bad, it'll make the Bush recession look like a fucking golden age.  Hilary might screw us, but the GOP would kill us.

I would like to see you write political advertising. Hi my name's Harry De Amour and I'm running for presidency. As president I promise that skullfucking will be limited to already existing holes and I won't skull-fuck anyone over retirement age. Which is better than the GOP candidate who will be smashing his cock into your grandmother's gray matter through a trepanned hole in the back of her head...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 09:41:52 pm »

I would like to see you write political advertising. Hi my name's Harry De Amour and I'm running for presidency. As president I promise that skullfucking will be limited to already existing holes and I won't skull-fuck anyone over retirement age. Which is better than the GOP candidate who will be smashing his cock into your grandmother's gray matter through a trepanned hole in the back of her head...

Nobody is born a skullfucker...

That'd actually be interesting.  Make no-bullshit political ads.  "I'm Harry Balls, and I'm running for governor of Ohio.  Basically put, I'm the only guy here who's not out here to fuck your wallet with the hook-shaped cock of unregulated capitalism.  I believe your wallets should stay sweet and virginal, free from the horror of being hook-fucked by unscrupulous corporate ventures out to make a quick buck.  Vote for me, and we can make it so working class wallets aren't violently deflowered in favour of kickbacks."

Got another good one:

"I'm Richard Head, and I'm the Republican Senatorial candidate for Virginia's twelfth district.  I'm basically a corporate shill, a mouthpiece for whoever gives me the most money.  But, I won't talk about that and, if pressed, I'll steer the debate over to topics that evoke images of America and masculinity and not-so-subtly apply them to myself: hunting, baseball, apple pie...fucking your cousin.  All the good things about being a white, heterosexual, Protestant male in America.  A vote for me is much the same as voting for a megaphone, only the megaphone is far more complex and useful."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:58:42 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »

That'd actually be interesting.  Make no-bullshit political ads.  "I'm Harry Balls, and I'm running for governor of Ohio.  Basically put, I'm the only guy here who's not out here to fuck your wallet with the hook-shaped cock of unregulated capitalism.  I believe your wallets should stay sweet and virginal, free from the horror of being hook-fucked by unscrupulous corporate ventures out to make a quick buck.  Vote for me, and we can make it so working class wallets aren't violently deflowered in favour of kickbacks."

Got another good one:

"I'm Richard Head, and I'm the Republican Senatorial candidate for Virginia's twelfth district.  I'm basically a corporate shill, a mouthpiece for whoever gives me the most money.  But, I won't talk about that and, if pressed, I'll steer the debate over to topics that evoke images of America and masculinity and not-so-subtly apply them to myself: hunting, baseball, apple pie...fucking your cousin.  All the good things about being a white, heterosexual, Protestant male in America.  A vote for me is much the same as voting for a megaphone, only the megaphone is far more complex and useful."

"I'm Augustus Sol Invictus, and I'm the only candidate for the Senate that has ritually sacrificed a goat and drunk its blood".
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 10:30:20 pm »
Unless they stop being a running joke, I couldn't bring myself to vote third party, no matter how good they are.  Fact of the matter is, that unless something huge happens, third parties will almost always fail, in this country.  Its got as much to do with lack of coverage as it does monkey-brained tribalism.

Math, actually: Duverger's law. (There are certainly counterexamples, but the third parties are either drastically underrepresented--such as the Liberal Democrats in the UK or the Greens in Canada--or wholly regional--like the Scottish National Party in the UK or the Bloc Québécois in Canada.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32:28 pm »
Instant Runoff Voting  maybe a beginning of a cure for our electoral ills, which has a fan in a certain nominee, and has been gaining popularity in elections of city officials across the nation.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 10:34:08 pm »
Instant Runoff Voting  maybe a beginning of a cure for our electoral ills, which has a fan in a certain nominee, and has been gaining popularity in elections of city officials across the nation.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 10:42:30 pm »
Not saying I'm in total agreement, but at this point I'm willing to try anything other the shit hole that is our current electoral system
Also the colors in that link hurt my eyes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:47:29 pm by nickiknack »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 10:58:10 pm »

Got another good one:

"I'm Augustus Sol Invictus, and I'm the only candidate for the Senate that has ritually sacrificed a goat and drunk its blood".

The other candidates say that God told them to run but only I (like Dick Cheney before me) have sealed a compact with dark forces.