Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 747048 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #1950 on: December 12, 2013, 06:03:37 pm »
My uncle gave me a baby seal plushie and a plastic baseball bat as a gift when I was about 4.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1951 on: December 12, 2013, 06:07:05 pm »
My uncle gave me a baby seal plushie and a plastic baseball bat as a gift when I was about 4.

...Is it bad that I laughed?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #1952 on: December 12, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »

...Is it bad that I laughed?

Nah, I always laugh when I look back on it. The same uncle also built a bunch of medieval torture devices for my lego figures.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:11:45 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1953 on: December 13, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »
Today I learned that Change.org has a Petition Victories page. I also learned that one of their "featured victories" is the case of Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old who got an adult lung transplant against protocol. Which then failed, necessitating a second lung transplant.

I mean, I guess it's a victory in the sense that they got what they petitioned. Still, "We convinced a judge to ignore expert advice and possibly killed two people to save one" is not something I'd go bragging about.
Σא

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1954 on: December 14, 2013, 12:49:10 am »
A true miracle: Contestants Alex and Sierra on The X Factor take terrible Taylor Swift and One Direction songs and actually make them good:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWbFPqvE9D0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWbFPqvE9D0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeilMZElnbg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeilMZElnbg</a>
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1955 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:26 am »
Today I learned that Change.org has a Petition Victories page. I also learned that one of their "featured victories" is the case of Sarah Murnaghan, the 10-year-old who got an adult lung transplant against protocol. Which then failed, necessitating a second lung transplant.

I mean, I guess it's a victory in the sense that they got what they petitioned. Still, "We convinced a judge to ignore expert advice and possibly killed two people to save one" is not something I'd go bragging about.

Agreed on that a thousand fold.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #1956 on: December 17, 2013, 04:05:40 am »
I'm out as bisexual to my parents and a few other members of my family, but not to most of the family members I'll be seeing over Christmas.

The problem is, it's not exactly a topic that comes up in conversations too often, so if I wanted to come out to them it would be rather awkward. I really doubt any of them would have any problem with it, it's just that it's not particularly relevant and I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to say.

What do you guys think?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #1957 on: December 17, 2013, 01:29:48 pm »
My two cents: if the topic turns to relationships/romance, mention a same-sex crush/romance/whatever. If somebody freaks out because "I didn't know you were gay!!!1!", say "I'm not, I'm bi" and drop it.

Alternatively, you could sit everyone down, get up in front of them, and say " guys, I'm straight. STRAIGHT UP BISEXUAAAAAL!!!" and run out of the room before anyone can react.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:34:19 pm by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1958 on: December 17, 2013, 08:47:05 pm »
I've never quite got why so many people actually want to come out to their friends and family. Maybe I'm just excessively reclusive, but I'd consider sexuality to be nobody's damn business but their own and their partner's.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1959 on: December 17, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »
I've never quite got why so many people actually want to come out to their friends and family. Maybe I'm just excessively reclusive, but I'd consider sexuality to be nobody's damn business but their own and their partner's.

Because everybody assumes you're straight, not to mention that you can't have an open relationship with someone of the same sex unless you're out of the closet in the first place... and this can have dire consequences in some places.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1960 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:12 am »

Your friends can't set you up on dates if they don't know which gender(s) you like to fuck.
Σא

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1961 on: December 18, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »
While yes, it isn't exactly someone else's business to know what goes on in your bedroom, so to speak it's part of your identity and some people like it when people know something that affects such a good portion of their lives. Not just dating wise, but job wise and everything else.

It is of course not required you come out. You are free to be as open or as closed as you wish. It's a personal decision.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1962 on: December 19, 2013, 03:34:20 am »

Your friends can't set you up on dates if they don't know which gender(s) you like to fuck.

That's another thing I've never seen the appeal of. Blind dates in general for that matter.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1963 on: December 19, 2013, 04:37:30 am »

That's another thing I've never seen the appeal of. Blind dates in general for that matter.

I'm going to weigh in with Art here.  I like knowing people before dating them.

If I wouldn't want to be your friend, I certainly wouldn't want to be your boyfriend.

Thankfully, that currently isn't a problem for me, but you can never be certain about what the future will hold.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1964 on: December 19, 2013, 10:51:27 am »
I had to come out, it would be super awkward for my friends and family to just see a girl version of me running around everywhere.

Though, most people still are unaware of my sexuality. And fewer people know anything about my past. I take Art's approach and don't really tell anyone lest I have a good reason to (the doctor, a potential partner, the homeless guy yelling at me about Satan*)

*One of these three does happen, but I lied about telling him...