Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 747710 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2010 on: January 10, 2014, 05:50:23 am »
Apparently, one of the games for the Ouya is named

Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

I'm not even joking.

Someone fell asleep at the keyboard again.

I bought like 3 new useless trivia books. I just love trivia even tho it is nothing I will ever need to know.

Do you play Quiz Up? It is the greatest trivia game in existence (maybe).

Never heard of it until now, tbh. I play Jeopardy and stuff. The problem with me playing quiz games is it takes a long while for me to remember the answer so while I might legitimately know it, I can't fetch the answer in time. So playing quiz games ends up being a blow to self-esteem amongst other things. lol

It is a trivia game where you pick a topic and it matches you up with someone around the world. At this point it is only available through iTunes or Apple products.

Unfortunately the time you take to answer a question matters, there has a ten second limit for each question, and one slowly loses points the longer one takes to answer a question.

I.e. you could lose a game despite getting the same number of questions right, simply because you took slightly longer to answer them.

Oddly enough they have a similar game at both Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters. Amongst other places. Bear in mind I'm going completely off of your description. I usually did badly at them unless there were only a handful of people playing. They also had a similar game for the xbox 360 which I actually didn't do too badly even with the time limit.

If I had an iPhone I might actually give it a go. Alls I have is an ipod that doesn't do very well with connecting to the internet.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2011 on: January 11, 2014, 02:10:41 am »
Dear Japan:

Please stop creeping me out.

I have just found out that there are things called "capsule hotels." I any of you are familiar with Shadowrun rpg that game also had the concept. But it was set in a dystopean future (With dragons and cyborgs and matrix...) so it seemed to fit in with that world. Now I found out that those things are in real world as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel

Yeah, there are people who climb into those coffins and sleep the night there. It's pretty cheap and some of them (like the one on right) even have TV!
Do you know what the craziest part is? The first one opened 1979! Shadowrun was copying real world rather than the other way around!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2012 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:14 am »
I think I've seen even smaller ones.

In Japan, space is at a premium, so it kinda makes sense.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2013 on: January 11, 2014, 02:24:57 am »
I don't see what's so wrong with them, to be honest. In fact, as far as cheapo accommodation is concerned, I find them way more appealing than a backpacker hostel or some other shared dorm.

If anything, I'm a little disappointed that those things haven't caught on in the west.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2014 on: January 11, 2014, 02:34:46 am »
Dear Japan:

Please stop creeping me out.

I have just found out that there are things called "capsule hotels." I any of you are familiar with Shadowrun rpg that game also had the concept. But it was set in a dystopean future (With dragons and cyborgs and matrix...) so it seemed to fit in with that world. Now I found out that those things are in real world as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel

Yeah, there are people who climb into those coffins and sleep the night there. It's pretty cheap and some of them (like the one on right) even have TV!
Do you know what the craziest part is? The first one opened 1979! Shadowrun was copying real world rather than the other way around!

Reminds me of the sleeping arrangements that the original Normandy had in Mass Effect 1. As well as the pods used by Khan and his crew on the Botany Bay. And the pods used in the Fifth Element.

Frankly, I think they're neat. It would trigger my claustrophobia, but neat.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2015 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:08 am »
I'm not saying that the concept is stupid. I'm just suprised that it really is in use on earth and even moreso that it was first in use in the seventies!

And I think Startopia had chambers like the Mass Effect Normandy as well. It was the cheapest "hotel" in the game.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2016 on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:06 am »
According to one statistic I saw on Cracked, if the entire world population was packed into the nation of South Africa, it would still have a lower population density than Tokyo. Tiny berths like that make sense from an efficiency standpoint, as it's the minimum that someone needs to survive if they can cheaply eat out (or only eat simple microwaved meals) and don't spend leisure time at home.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a capsule hotel in its Hengsha area. It was portrayed pretty much perfectly.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2017 on: January 12, 2014, 11:13:43 am »

Yeah, they've been around for ages. My research says they also cost at least $20 a night, which seems expensive for the use of a bed.

Then again, Tokyo is (still, after years in a deflationary economy) one of the most expensive cities on Earth, so the vending machine in the lobby probably charges $10 for a Coke.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2018 on: January 13, 2014, 02:25:38 am »
Hey guys, look what I found.

The Tumblr Argument Generator. Now, you no longer need to actually go on Tumblr to find a typical Tumblr spat. For example:

DIE IN A DITCH U INTOLERANT HEADMATE-HARASSING, CISGENDER-ELITIST SUBHUMAN (¬_¬)

GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC, U INTOLERANT LITTLE PERSON-EXOTIFYING HETERO-PRIVILEGD MOUTHBREATHR

GO FUCK URSELF U SEXIST THIN-ELITIST OPPRESSOR

FUCK OFF, U MISOGYNISTIC DEMIROMANTIC-MISGENDERING WHITE-ELITIST OPPRESSOR

And much more. This may just render the "Worst of Social Justice" obsolete.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2019 on: January 13, 2014, 02:33:26 am »
Hey guys, look what I found.

The Tumblr Argument Generator. Now, you no longer need to actually go on Tumblr to find a typical Tumblr spat. For example:

DIE IN A DITCH U INTOLERANT HEADMATE-HARASSING, CISGENDER-ELITIST SUBHUMAN (¬_¬)

GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC, U INTOLERANT LITTLE PERSON-EXOTIFYING HETERO-PRIVILEGD MOUTHBREATHR

GO FUCK URSELF U SEXIST THIN-ELITIST OPPRESSOR

FUCK OFF, U MISOGYNISTIC DEMIROMANTIC-MISGENDERING WHITE-ELITIST OPPRESSOR

And much more. This may just render the "Worst of Social Justice" obsolete.

I wanna do gay things at you
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2020 on: January 13, 2014, 02:39:27 am »
I am honoured.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2021 on: January 13, 2014, 02:45:18 am »
I, too, want to do gay things... Maybe not at you, but in the general vicinity. While cackling like a madman at whatthefuckery like GO DIE IN A,,HOLE YOU SMALL-FAT FETISHIZING CIS-ETHNIC BROGRAMMER
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2022 on: January 13, 2014, 02:54:44 am »
Random question, what is this thread. Is it basically the pissfart around thread or what
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2023 on: January 13, 2014, 03:15:51 am »
From what I can gather... pretty much.  Ain't it great?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2024 on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:20 am »
Random question, what is this thread. Is it basically the pissfart around thread or what
Originally, it was a thread about how annoying it is when you post something and it ends up being the last thing posted in that thread before it dies, thus making it seem like you killed the thread. Then it became a running joke that no one would ever be able to kill Thread Killer, and that's pretty much what kept it going until it became the general pissfarting around for the sake of pissfarting around thread that it is now.