Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 748480 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2400 on: November 07, 2014, 02:46:30 pm »
c, with a little of b.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2401 on: November 07, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2402 on: November 07, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »
Thanks for your participation. Everyone gets 20 points.

For context, "weird sun twitter" tends to reference and play with memes from what one might call the lesswrongosphere (for lack of a better term). I was trying to figure out how much of it, if any, translates to the outside. Clearly an online poll with one question and N=4 was the best way to approach this scientifically.
Σא

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2403 on: November 07, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »
Damnit, this is the second time this week that I've been just too late to get Sigma points.

My answer was C, and Solar Pembra was my first guess for who made the one of the ironbite/ironchew copies.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:42:47 pm by Veras »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2404 on: November 07, 2014, 11:32:00 pm »
You get retroactive points for answering anyway. But only 19, because inflation.
Σא

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2405 on: November 08, 2014, 08:24:01 pm »
You get retroactive points for answering anyway. But only 19, because inflation.

Sweet!

On an unrelated note, this was in my local news today (emphasis added):

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A south side Indianapolis gas station had a police presence Saturday afternoon because of a person found dead in a car.

However, the death is not believed to be suspicious.

The person was found in a silver Honda car near Keystone and Hanna avenues. Officials with Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said the person appeared to suffer a medical emergency before dying.

They believe that the person who died in their car suffered a medical emergency?  What was their first clue?

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2406 on: November 08, 2014, 10:06:16 pm »
Absence of bullet holes?
Σא

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2407 on: November 08, 2014, 11:49:22 pm »
Wouldn't bullet holes also constitute a medical emergency?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2408 on: November 11, 2014, 12:41:03 am »
Ok, I just came across a story about some kid who got shot by cops, but I can't find a trustworthy-looking source.
http://organichealth.co/mother-calls-police-to-help-her-son-take-his-medicine-cop-shows-up-and-shoots-him/
Does this look legit to everyone?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2409 on: November 11, 2014, 04:31:45 am »
A shooting-by-cop definitely happened in Gretna. A Google News search of "Gretna Police" reveals that. Whether all of the other details are true, who can say? Me, I'm inclined to believe them, but then, I'm biased.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2410 on: November 17, 2014, 06:06:15 am »
I just discovered that looking through the feedback on my Ebay account is quite a lovely ego boost. You buy a few things and assuming you don't do something dumb like try to not pay for them, your feedback page turns into your own personal cheer squad.

Also, I'm kind of pissing away my precious, precious battery life right now, but it just feels so damn good to type with a proper keyboard. My fat bastard fingers and a phone touchscreen aren't exactly the most efficient combination in the world.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2411 on: November 19, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »
I just found a link to something kind of funny.  A bit preachy for my tastes, though.

http://thebestgamers.net/art.html

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2412 on: November 19, 2014, 10:20:32 pm »
"Cheap art which pretends to be meaningful by bludgeoning political points suck. In fact, it sucks so much I'm going to make my own cheap satire of it and pretend it's meaningful by bludgeoning some other set of political points!"
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2413 on: November 30, 2014, 02:19:58 pm »
I found a manga that is set in a maaagical world, not totally unlike ours, but different in that the people there have animal ears (they also have human ears. So two sets of ears, dog ears on top of their heads and human ears on the sides of their heads. ...Japan.) and the other major difference is that the people there are not opposed to samesex marriages.

I think it says something about Japan when an artist can't write a cute, romantic story about a married lesbian couple unless it is set in a fantasy world. (GOUHOU YURI FUUFU HON, "Legally Married Yuri Couple")
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2414 on: November 30, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »
I found a manga that is set in a maaagical world, not totally unlike ours, but different in that the people there have animal ears (they also have human ears. So two sets of ears, dog ears on top of their heads and human ears on the sides of their heads. ...Japan.) and the other major difference is that the people there are not opposed to samesex marriages.

I think it says something about Japan when an artist can't write a cute, romantic story about a married lesbian couple unless it is set in a fantasy world. (GOUHOU YURI FUUFU HON, "Legally Married Yuri Couple")

Homophobia exists in Japan, it just tends to take on different forms.