Author Topic: The new moral outrage in America: schoolgirls wearing pants  (Read 1914 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
The new moral outrage in America: schoolgirls wearing pants
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:22:07 pm »
Quote from: Todd Starnes
A federal judge says it's unconstitutional to force girls to wear skirts to school. Charter Day School in Leland, North Carolina has a dress code: little boys wear pants, little girls wear skirts. The school takes pride in its traditional approach to education, it's a throwback to ideas like chivalry and respect.

But some little girls took issue with the dress code, arguing they could not do cartwheels on the playground, or sit criss-cross applesauce in the classroom. The American Civil Liberties Union filed suit on behalf of several girls back in 2016. They claimed the skirt rule amounted to sex discrimination.

Now federal judge Malcolm Howard agreed; he says the dress code clearly treats girls differently from boys and, as a result, they suffer a burden the little boys do not. So here's what I want to know: if the girls get to wear pants, does that mean the little boys now get to wear skirts? I mean, fair is fair.

Why, yes, Todd. Yes, they do.

Is there something wrong with that?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

Re: The new moral outrage in America: schoolgirls wearing pants
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 11:42:11 pm »
This could completely kill the toe mirror industry.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:46:11 pm »
Of course, the real question is why a fifty-one-year-old man cares so much about what elementary school girls are wearing.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 12:56:21 am »
You laugh at this, but think about it
1)Girls wear pants
2)Girls think they are equal to boys
3)Girls become harder for Todd to bully into having sex with him
4) ???
5)Cthulhu eats our souls.

It's just logic.

PS can you give a like for the quote?  I want to share it on another site.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 01:29:06 am »
Here's a video with the transcribed clip in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUr-uddydw

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 11:40:27 am »
I saw that title and immediately thought of mainpage institution Pedo Dave Stewart.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 02:45:04 pm »
I saw that title and immediately thought of mainpage institution Pedo Dave Stewart.

Oh I wouldn't be at all surprised to see something from him on this non-issue at some point.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 03:12:14 pm »
What exactly does wearing skirts have to do with chivalry and respect? 

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 03:47:11 pm »
Nothing.  It's just another way to keep girls in check.

Ironbite-say it with me kids, SCHOOL DRESS CODES ARE NOTHING MORE THEN SEXIST BULLSHIT!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 12:15:02 am »
I thought this "issue" was settled once and for all in the 70s, at the very latest.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 12:19:19 am »
What exactly does wearing skirts have to do with chivalry and respect? 
Because if you are presented with the opportunity every minute of every day to look up some girl's skirt, but don't, that proves to everyone around you that you're a chivalrous and respectful individual. If girls go around wearing pants, there's really no easy way to show off how great you are to everyone.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 04:26:06 am »
I thought this "issue" was settled once and for all in the 70s, at the very latest.

GET OFF MY LAWN!