Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463926 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2012, 10:45:08 pm »
-ahem- I've decided to replay Pokemon Emerald, and so far I've beaten Roxanne. My current team so far is:

Combusken Lv16
Ralts Lv13
Slakoth Lv12

Any suggestion as to what 'mons I should get next? I also need a good Water-type whose name isn't Milotic, Gyarados (stupid Atk/SpAtk by type division...), or Kyogre.

http://forums.fstdt.net/entertainment-and-television/pokemon-thread-re-re-hashed/

Art Vandelay

« Reply #556 on: June 04, 2012, 11:05:03 am »
I know it's kinda old news right now, buuuutt.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-eId8rgyc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-eId8rgyc</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJXaVrvpXE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJXaVrvpXE</a>
Maybe it's time to stop milking the shit out of Star Wars?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:39:08 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #557 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »
Other developers, take note, this is what happens when you axe your creativity department.  You become Lucas Arts, one of the worst cases of executive meddling there is...and, yes, I'm including the clusterfuck that is EA.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #558 on: June 04, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »
I hate seeing stuff like that, after playing so many LucasArts adventure games that were simply amazing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13:06 pm »
I remember back in the day when LucasArts used to put out astounding games.  No, we're reduced to how much they can squeeze from their dying cash cow.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »
Though I must admit, one thing Star Wars always seemed to be lacking was The Village People. It's good that someone finally decided to fix such a glaring flaw.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2012, 01:26:29 pm »
Is this better or worse than the Star Wars Christmas Special?

(Which I have yet to see)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #562 on: June 05, 2012, 01:33:47 pm »
I haven't either, but I must admit, the idea of Star Wars themed dance-offs is really growing on me. Hell, it's the most creative thing anyone's done with Star Wars since, well, fucking ever. It's a positive breath of fresh air to see the characters resolving their differences in ways that don't involve space battles, blaster shootouts and/or lightsaber duels.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »
I haven't either, but I must admit, the idea of Star Wars themed dance-offs is really growing on me. Hell, it's the most creative thing anyone's done with Star Wars since, well, fucking ever. It's a positive breath of fresh air to see the characters resolving their differences in ways that don't involve space battles, blaster shootouts and/or lightsaber duels.

In other words, it's reached "So bad it's great" territory. ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »

In other words, it's reached "So bad it's great" territory. ;D

God no, it's the very embodiment of "so bad it's great". Hell, if "so bad it's great" were to make it into the dictionary, the description would simply say "See Star Wars Kinect: Galactic Dance-off".

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »
Anyone here played Dragon's Dogma?  It looks like it could be interesting, but I'm on the fence about it.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »
I've heard it's a mediocre game.

Which probably means it's a good, even great game but doesn't fit what the hipster game community wants.

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2012, 10:33:34 pm »
One of the most common comparisons I've heard is like a cross between Skyrim and Dark Souls which is what got me interested in the first place, but the reviews I've seen tend to be all over the place.
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #568 on: June 05, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »
One of the most common comparisons I've heard is like a cross between Skyrim and Dark Souls which is what got me interested in the first place, but the reviews I've seen tend to be all over the place.

I'm interested because of the draconic antagonist who looks fucking awesome and kinda sexy.

I'm kinda hoping that it ends up being a "Fuck destiny, let's work together" thing, but I doubt it ever would because "reptiles are abhorrent".  Unfortunately, I don't have the system it's for...

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2012, 04:05:58 am »
Is this better or worse than the Star Wars Holiday Special?

*ahem*