Author Topic: Bieber in hot water...  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Bieber in hot water...
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:05:11 am »
http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/north-stars/justin-bieber-twitter-phone-prank-lands-him-hot-161745900.html

I never could stand this kid... I hate his music (my nieces and nephews listen to "Baby" over and over and over and over...) and his retarded pranking on Twitter is just one more reason for me to hate the over-rated, pretty-boy, attention whoring douche.

I can understand the old couple wanting money for his dumbass behavior, but.... Why the fuck would an 81 year old  couple want CONCERT tickets?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Bieber in hot water...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:16 am »
A kid does something stupid, it gets national attention and has a bigger impact because he's popular.

He may be a celebrity, but he's still a kid :-/ and it's not like America (yes, I know he's Canadian, but he's based HERE) knows how to handle its child celebrities well.  In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of American child stars that DIDN'T end up growing up with a huge ego.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:08:43 am »
Meh. It was a dumb thing to do, but hardly worth shitting ourselves over. I actually don't mind Bieber, despite my dislike for his music -- the whole thing with him getting people to sign up as organ donors is pretty cool.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:06 am »
Isn't the kid around 17? Why's he still prank-calling people? That stopped being funny by age 14 at the very most.

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:39:20 am »
Isn't the kid around 17? Why's he still prank-calling people? That stopped being funny by age 14 at the very most.

The new rage is to just send random dick pics to phones. How do I know? I got two in the past 3 months from complete unknowns. I also don't request cock pics from people I DO know. :P
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:49 am »

The new rage is to just send random dick pics to phones. How do I know? I got two in the past 3 months from complete unknowns. I also don't request cock pics from people I DO know. :P

I got them too a while back (like '09). It was unpleasant :(.

And totally misleading thread title, I thought we were going to watch Bieber boiled alive.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 01:46:24 pm »
A kid does something stupid, it gets national attention and has a bigger impact because he's popular.

He may be a celebrity, but he's still a kid :-/ and it's not like America (yes, I know he's Canadian, but he's based HERE) knows how to handle its child celebrities well.  In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of American child stars that DIDN'T end up growing up with a huge ego.

Christina Ricci

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:54 pm »
I thought we were going to watch Bieber boiled alive.

This.  I don't get this.

Why do so many people wish harm and death on him?

FFS, sure, he's annoying to listen to, but not anywhere CLOSE enough to wish actual harm and death upon him.

The whole "KILL THE BIEBER" movement is intensely disturbing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:31 pm »
Bieber isn't really the problem. It's the fans.

Much like Twilight is just a shitty book amongst countless other shitty books at the end of the day, the fact that it's that shitty yet has a massive following of (usually highly annoying) fans makes it much harder to endure. People come to see the "artist" as the source of all the frustration caused by the fans.

I think it's telling that both Twilight and Bieber music are aimed at the same target audience: extremely shallow teenage girls. Probably the single most annoying segment of humanity.

As for the topic at hand... Bieber is 18. He's an adult. He's legally responsible for his actions. And while this would generally just be a stupid prank, one has to consider the scale. He's not some random Joe with 20 subscribers. He's a public figure with tens of thousands. There's no way he didn't know that thousands of people would be trying to call every variation of whatever number he threw out there.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 04:38:53 am »
I thought we were going to watch Bieber boiled alive.

This.  I don't get this.

Why do so many people wish harm and death on him?

FFS, sure, he's annoying to listen to, but not anywhere CLOSE enough to wish actual harm and death upon him.

The whole "KILL THE BIEBER" movement is intensely disturbing.

I should apologize, I should have made it explicitly clear it was a joke and that I really wish no harm on Bieber. Personally, I like neither him nor his music (or even as Yaezakura said his fanbase) but I really don't want him dead, or maimed, or hurt. I just find those jokes to be humorous.