Author Topic: SCOTUS Hears Gay Marriage Cases  (Read 11961 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: SCOTUS Hears Gay Marriage Cases
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 12:06:39 am »
^This
They tend to overstate their LGBT record in a way of making them look better similar to the only democracy myth

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
^This
They tend to overstate their LGBT record in a way of making them look better similar to the only democracy myth

Pretty much. Using gays as a political statement to whitewash the fact that you commit human rights abuses against Palestinians is pretty fucking low. Ironically, many of the organizations that peddle this lie are also the more conservative ones.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 12:18:26 am »
I would also point out in Islamic countries especially the eastern and central African one's the homophobia came from America

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2013, 08:23:20 pm »
Nate Silver on Same-sex marriage statistics. I really want to keep this man all for myself, and he can be a great gambling partner.
Gotta say, it's a good link, but I'm a tad disturbed (logically) that the red states most vehemently opposed to recognisig same sex unions, and providing equal rights, are also those which are more likely to condone bestiality...

So where does that whole slippery slope argument come from exactly? Heck in those states, the best angle of attack might be to legalize marrying your pig, and see if it can extend over time to human beings...

Is it bad when I'm excited that my state is all the way up at 32.5% support? We're not dead last at something!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2013, 10:06:48 pm »
Nate Silver on Same-sex marriage statistics. I really want to keep this man all for myself, and he can be a great gambling partner.
Gotta say, it's a good link, but I'm a tad disturbed (logically) that the red states most vehemently opposed to recognisig same sex unions, and providing equal rights, are also those which are more likely to condone bestiality...

So where does that whole slippery slope argument come from exactly? Heck in those states, the best angle of attack might be to legalize marrying your pig, and see if it can extend over time to human beings...

Is it bad when I'm excited that my state is all the way up at 32.5% support? We're not dead last at something!

I think it's worse that, when looking at that, Miss. is STILL going to be the worst place even 20-25 years down the road while even Alabama and the others improve a bit more markedly.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2013, 10:34:31 pm »
Is it any wonder people call Mississippi "America's Asshole"?
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 02:45:18 am »
And I'm still stuck here.  Thanks to my dear mother making bad financial decisions when she was not well.

Offline cheese007

• Bishop
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:48 am »
I extrapolated the data even further out and Mississippi doesn't even reach majority until 2028. :/ Even TX and Oklahoma will be supportive by the end of the decade.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 03:57:59 am »
Whenever I think about how much I hate Ohio, I should think about how glad I am I'm not in Mississippi.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:17 pm »
Whenever I think about how much I hate Ohio, I should think about how glad I am I'm not in Mississippi.
I think the people of Afghanistan would be glad that they're not in Mississippi.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 01:00:15 pm »
I think the people of Afghanistan would be glad that they're not in Mississippi.

So...what you're saying is, we're gonna have to stop them the same way we stopped America from becoming West Jersey. Alright, I'm gonna need a witch-doctor, Jamaican ONLY goddamnit. Can someone get in touch with Obama and find out where they dumped Osama' body? Zombie Al Qaeda all up in this bitch
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 01:09:04 pm »
I really feel sorry for any liberal minded person that is stuck in those areas, the south always has to be dragged out of the stone age.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »
Florida is basically a state on the fence. It's literally as far south as you can go (Key West is the southernmost point of the country), but it's also got a huge liberal population. Orlando was even once voted 2nd gayest city by a gay publication after San Francisco. That and our relatively large population (both caused by a big immigration influx over the 20th century that also led to our entertainment industry) is why we're viewed with such importance as a swing state in the presidential election. There's just enough liberals to keep us in the pink on that chart.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.