Author Topic: Another Shooting: Santa Monica  (Read 2307 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Another Shooting: Santa Monica
« on: June 07, 2013, 08:06:10 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/santa-monica-college-shooting_n_3404689.html?ncid=webmail1

Shooting at a college. 6 people in the hospital being treated as of the last update, with the shooter and one woman confirmed dead. There's a possibility of a second shooter, though it's hard to think of mass shooting events where police DIDN'T initially think there was a second shooter.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Another Shooting: Santa Monica
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:26 pm »
I'm not too sure this counts as a mass shooting, really. From what I've been seeing on the news, this guy seemed to have had some specific targets and wasn't just shooting indiscriminately. No less awful, but this has me scratching my head because I'm not sure this turd can be tossed in the Nut Bag bin with the others and may need to drop into the psycho category.

One way or the other, if it is the shooter who is one of the dead, then the world is better off.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:20:06 pm »
Obama was set to tour the collage campus as part of his talks with China's minister over China's overly harsh surveillance policies.

Ironbite-why yes I said that with a straight face.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:41 pm »
Just another fun day in the States. Or does this kind of thing happen a lot elsewhere, too?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:52:49 pm »
We're now at 7 deaths, including the shooter.

I'm not too sure this counts as a mass shooting, really. From what I've been seeing on the news, this guy seemed to have had some specific targets and wasn't just shooting indiscriminately.

Actually, he was walking down the street shooting at cars on the way. It may have been entirely coincidental that he ended up at the college, since his rampage started on the street.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »
Provided we don't degenerate into yet another gun debate, I'm gonna wait until we know more about the shooter and possible motives to the shootings.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 11:14:53 pm »
We're now at 7 deaths, including the shooter.

I'm not too sure this counts as a mass shooting, really. From what I've been seeing on the news, this guy seemed to have had some specific targets and wasn't just shooting indiscriminately.

Actually, he was walking down the street shooting at cars on the way. It may have been entirely coincidental that he ended up at the college, since his rampage started on the street.

That sounds a bit like we might be dealing with a stupid gang-banger. Why couldn't this guy keep his gat tucked in his pants in perfect position to blow his wang off and do the world a favor.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 01:16:36 am »
The police reduced the deathcount down to four killed and five injured victims plus the shooter killed by the police.

Also he was shooting at cars and busses driving by so it does seem like he wasn't targeting specific people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!