Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828839 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #975 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:37 pm »
Last night my dad and I rode our motorcycles through the country on an old favorite road of ours. We ended up pulling over in a dark area and you could see every star in the sky.

By sheer happenstance, I turned around and lo and behold there was a bright orange flaming streak in the sky that I at first took to be an airplane or firework. It took me a couple seconds to realize it was a shooting star, the biggest and brightest I've ever seen and which I now think was a large chunk of space debris burning up on reentry because before it winked out it started breaking apart. I grabbed my dad, pointed at it and we were both slack-jawed at what we were seeing. It must have been visible for a good three or four seconds before vanishing. He said it was the brightest shooting star he'd ever seen in his life and that he'd remember it for the rest of his days.

And on a less spectacular but no less pleasing note, on the way home I finally rolled over the 1,000 mile mark on my bike, which means it's now past it's break-in period. ;D
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #976 on: September 11, 2012, 03:04:14 pm »
* SpaceProg is envious of, but very happy for, Damen.  :)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #977 on: September 11, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »
I got off my ass and walked down to the post office instead of waiting until the next day when I could've gotten a ride there and back.

My feet hurt but in a good way.  Not only did I do an action that was 100% me, with help from no one else, but I got some good exercise in.

...Which I sorta negated by stopping at the local ice cream shop on the way back and buying a cone with Sunset Island Rainbow Sherbet.

Good gods that was delicious.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #978 on: September 12, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »
I found out I don't work on employee appreciation day, this is fucking great. Because nothing says your appreciated more than having to extra work that day.

Now if only I can find a way to have off on the employee christmas party. See previous complaint, add in carrying ~400lbs of turkeys and hams on top of already busier than normal day.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #979 on: September 12, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »
Damen:  Meteors are awesome. :)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:21 am »
Third custom order... :)
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Distind

« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:02 am »
Technically yesterday now, but the new graphics card works! Skyrim, high, mondotexture pack, doesn't even flinch. Gonna try it on ultra tonight, but holy shit was that pretty looking out from dragon's reach. Used to be just kinda... white. It's also quiet as hell and pretty cool so far. Now I just have to wait for borderlands 2 to come out.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #982 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:58 pm »
Talked to one of my favorite black metal artists on skype today :D
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #983 on: September 14, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »
I got to hang out with my friend for a little bit, which doesn't happen often. He promised that he would take a day off when The Hobbit comes out so we can go see it.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #984 on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:31 pm »
My boss is apparently holding me up as the standard by which is measures my coworkers, wants to hire me on full-time (instead of the temp work I'm technically doing), and says he can get me a 15%-20% raise in the process. The best part? I haven't even worked there for a month yet :D
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #985 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:41 am »
Technically yesterday, now, but... between my roommate and I, we cleared back probably... a good hundred feet of brush, vines and undergrowth.  Now to kill the whole area with 'fuck-you'-level herbicide, KEEP it dead, then come next year, we'll rake it all out, cut down a few trees, and rent a wood chipper for a weekend... then we'll dig out after that, and plant grass, and officially expand the lawns.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #986 on: September 15, 2012, 02:43:28 am »
Priestling is the Scourge of Plantkind.  Big plants tell their little plants about him to scare them into being good.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #987 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:47 pm »
Priestling is the Scourge of Plantkind.  Big plants tell their little plants about him to scare them into being good.

*snorts his tea laughing!*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »
YAY!! The new season of Boardwalk Empire started tonight, it's about time. I was sick of waiting.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #989 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:05 am »
Finished reviewing the last of the Russian cases. Very hard, but I feel good about myself. Now onto past tense!
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.