Author Topic: Last Meals of Prisoners  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Last Meals of Prisoners
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »
I figured I would always want my last meal to be badly prepared fugu since, well if I'm gonna die I'm dying saying I finally ate one of those things.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 08:42:33 pm »
Personally, I'd just take a couple of large orders of everything on the KFC menu (excluding the grilled chicken and salad wraps and pansy nonsense like that). Even more so, for stuff like popcorn chicken. I'd want to gorge myself like I've never gorged before, hopefully so I can not only be in the food coma to end all food comas once it's time to be zappified, but also so I can throw up/shit myself in the most spectacular fashion possible. Really make sure those executioners are earning their paycheck.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »
Art, you scare me.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 11:31:44 pm »
It's what I'm here for.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 01:52:12 am »
A bucket of Mentos and a 2 liter of Diet Coke.

Bring it on.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 09:21:39 am »
What about ordering something that smells really bad, like Surströmming?

That way you get revenge by making everything stink for ages after they kill you.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 09:55:47 am »
If you want to go out in a spectacular/disgusting fashion how about a 5lbs bag of sugar free gummi bears?

I'd probably really fuck with my executioners and ask for a gallon of maple syrup -- and forgo taking any insulin. the ensuing sugar coma would land me in the infirmary for a good spell (since you can't execute a dying person). When they reschedule the execution I'd get the gummi bears.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 11:37:52 am »
I'd probably really fuck with my executioners and ask for a gallon of maple syrup -- and forgo taking any insulin. the ensuing sugar coma would land me in the infirmary for a good spell (since you can't execute a dying person). When they reschedule the execution I'd get the gummi bears.

What.

Is there any good reason for that policy, or is it just one of those "we don't want to seem mean about it" deals?
Σא

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »
I think it could lead to execution pain

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »
In Texas, condemned inmates are executed by lethal injection unless the inmate wishes to be executed in a quick way.  Some states in the south still use the electric chair while other states have found the electric chair to be "cruel and unusual" and thus phased them out.  California uses the gas chamber through the use of hydrogen cyanide gas, but the use of the gas chamber has been questioned.

The point of the post is, of all the ways inmates have been executed, I haven't heard of an inmate violently vomiting while being executed because of what they ate.

Also, yeah the state doesn't really like it when the condemned inmates jump the gun and try to kill themselves before the state can kill them.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 09:17:23 pm »
In Texas, condemned inmates are executed by lethal injection unless the inmate wishes to be executed in a quick way.  Some states in the south still use the electric chair while other states have found the electric chair to be "cruel and unusual" and thus phased them out.  California uses the gas chamber through the use of hydrogen cyanide gas, but the use of the gas chamber has been questioned.

The point of the post is, of all the ways inmates have been executed, I haven't heard of an inmate violently vomiting while being executed because of what they ate.

Also, yeah the state doesn't really like it when the condemned inmates jump the gun and try to kill themselves before the state can kill them.

I've always found that kind of funny.

"awww, but WE didnt get to kill him" *stomps foot*
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 01:57:55 am »
Man, if I had to die, I'd PREFER a firing squad! At least a bullet's QUICK.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 03:53:45 am »
I've always wondered why, if you have to kill someone, you don't just put a bullet or two in their brain. It seems quicker, easier and less expensive than finding a pharmaceutical company that will sell you something to put in a lethal injection since they tend to frown upon supporting the death penalty.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 09:17:42 am »
I'd guess it's because the death penalty has a serious PR problem* and firing squads/guillotines/etc. all look terribly barbaric, whereas lethal injection looks more civilized. Being actually cheaper or less painful or quicker is a secondary concern at best**.

*Because, y'know, killing people.

**Because state machinery has a hard time giving a shit about people it's going to kill.

***This footnote doesn't actually correspond to anything in the text.
Σא

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 11:09:53 am »
From what I understand, firing squad's been deemed cruel and unusual punishment by several states.  Why? Because it was traumatic for the FIRING SQUAD.

Know how they did it? They put the real bullet in one guy's gun at random, everybody else got blanks.

So... yeah.  The entire squad would think they were the one that killed him and wind up with mental issues, so they stopped doing it.  Why they don't just get hardened military meatheads who have no problems slaughtering folks, I dunno.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."