Author Topic: Anonymous threatens Activision  (Read 6852 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Anonymous threatens Activision
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »
Anonymous has a beef with Activision now. Why? It’s because of the Black Ops 2 trailer that was released recently. The trailer which you can see here, portrays the Anonymous organization as the enemy of the United States, which has pissed them off greatly.

They have released their own video in which they threaten to hack Activision and to disrupt their online servers. They have managed to ‘dox’ Activsion’s CEO Eric Hirshberg, and are threatening to cause a lot of damage to the company’s infrastructure.
http://gamingbolt.com/anonymous-threatens-to-hack-activsion-after-the-controversial-black-ops-2-trailer

Well they are at it again. I guess since I don't honestly care about CoD anymore I didn't realize they used anonymous as a terrorist organization.  It will be interesting to see if they actually go through with this let alone pull it off.  ::Gets Popcorn::
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Saturn500

Re: Anonymous threatens Activision
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:40:13 pm »
Why aren't they destroying Activision NOW? They clearly have the lack of morality.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »
Anyone wanna bet the DRM gets cracked in record time?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »
I don't know who to laugh at XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

shykid

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 05:53:21 pm »
Anonymous is pissed off for being portrayed as a bunch of terrorists, so they respond by threatening acts of terrorism.

el oh fucking el.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 04:01:41 am »
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:56:26 am »
I watched the trailer, and I seriously don't see how it portrays anonymous as the game's enemy.  There was just a reference to hackers.  Since when is every hacker in the world part of anonymous?  I honestly think they're jumping to conclusions and overreacting.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:28:04 pm »
I watched the trailer, and I seriously don't see how it portrays anonymous as the game's enemy.  There was just a reference to hackers.  Since when is every hacker in the world part of anonymous?  I honestly think they're jumping to conclusions and overreacting.
Anyways, what would be a better representative of hackers?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »
I'm with TGRWulf, I don't see anything about Anonymous in that trailer.  Vague allusions to bad guy hackers do not make me think of Anonymous at all.  It makes me think of John Travolta.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 08:12:08 pm »
I'm I the only one that can see someone at Activision smiling and saying, "Yup, they fell for it."?
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 08:19:18 pm »
I'll have to bring this up to my dad later. He thinks Anonymous is actually a CIA-run organization that pulls false-flag attacks to convince the public that we have to ban the internet and that Ron Paul is dumb. He came to this conclusion after some anons hacked the website and email of a neo-Nazi Ron Paul fanboy with close ties to his inner circle.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:20 pm »
I'll have to bring this up to my dad later. He thinks Anonymous is actually a CIA-run organization that pulls false-flag attacks to convince the public that we have to ban the internet and that Ron Paul is dumb. He came to this conclusion after some anons hacked the website and email of a neo-Nazi Ron Paul fanboy with close ties to his inner circle.

I think you should tell some Anons about your dad and see what they do. So much potential there for lulz to be had.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »

I think you should tell some Anons about your dad and see what they do. So much potential there for lulz to be had.

He tends to be very paranoid that the government could be spying on him. Once, he somehow ended up on a no-fly list and he was coincidentally posting 9/11 truth stuff on Upoc at the time. He immediately started scouring the house for bugs.

Once the network was running slow and my dad said that the government was stalling his internet because he "knew the TROOF."

He has gold stashes around the house, but we aren't allowed to talk about them anywhere because there might be government agencies listening to us.

He won't go to a psychologist, a psychiatrist, or even just a general therapist because they work for Big Pharma and most of them aren't even 9/11 truthers.

Now he has covered up all the webcams on his computers with Post-its or duct tape, just in case the government decides to spy on his bald sweaty forehead.

Yeah, Anonymous could mess with him... but there's always the possibility that he could somehow snap more than he already has and do something dangerous.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:57 pm »
I'm not sure who to laugh at here.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:34 pm »
I'm not sure who to laugh at here.

Me either.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman