Author Topic: Once again, Mittbot Fails to Comprehend Humanity  (Read 1544 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
Once again, Mittbot Fails to Comprehend Humanity
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:24:44 am »
From here:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/romney-laughingly-recalls-fathers-layoffs?ref=fpb

At the outset of the call, Romney said he has some connections to Wisconsin.

“One of most humorous I think relates to my father. You may remember my father, George Romney, was president of an automobile company called American Motors …  They had a factory in Michigan, and they had a factory in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and another one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin,” said Romney. “And as the president of the company he decided to close the factory in Michigan and move all the production to Wisconsin. Now later he decided to run for governor of Michigan and so you can imagine that having closed the factory and moved all the production to Wisconsin was a very sensitive issue to him, for his campaign.”

Romney said he recalled a parade in which the school band marching with his father’s campaign only knew the Wisconsin fight song, not the Michigan song.

“So every time they would start playing ‘On Wisconsin, on Wisconsin,’ my dad’s political people would jump up and down and try to get them to stop, because they didn’t want people in Michigan to be reminded that my dad had moved production to Wisconsin,” said Romney, laughing.

HAR HAR HAR.

Or, as an unknown source paraphrased:

"Hello, human Wisconsin voters! I have a humorous anecdote to be related. My father once shut down a factory in Michigan, which was beneficial to the people of your state since you are not from Michigan. Then he ran for governor of Michigan and-you will like this, humans, because it is humorous-during one parade the children in the local marching band only knew how to play a song from your state, Wisconsin, as opposed to the state of Michigan where my father was attempting to gain higher office. This led to some unpleasantries because my father did not wish to bring further attention to his laying off of workers from the state he was now suggesting he lead. Is that not humorous? Yes, screw Michigan, am I right? Now that they have already voted, I can safely say that your state of Wisconsin is a much better state. Your cheese is quite definitely of the correct height. My parental unit was correct in transferring employment opportunities to your state instead of filthy Michigan, where the children do not even know the correct songs."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:27:21 am by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Once again, Mittbot Fails to Comprehend Humanity
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:26:10 pm »
Lulz...

Also, I'm nicking that Snidely Whiplash picture. *Saves*

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:47:10 pm »
Romney you cold, uncaring sociopath, you!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »
This guy makes Karras look humane...and his butt-buddy Santorum makes Karras look sane.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 06:31:31 pm »
In many ways, Romney seems like a decent human being -- just woefully out of touch with most other people in the country. 

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »
Pretty telling anecdote I think. The guy thinks nothing about running for office to lead the people he has screwed over in the past. Indeed, he finds the very situation humorous.
-A Pen Name