Author Topic: More UKIP lunacy  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
More UKIP lunacy
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:38:49 am »
A UKIP supporter has said that women in trousers are hostile and unmarried mothers "deserve a smack".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10064185/Ukip-donor-says-women-in-trousers-are-hostile-and-unmarried-mothers-need-a-smack.html

Demetri Marchessini, who gave two donations of £5,000 each to Ukip this year, suggests women should wear skirts because it is more pleasing to men.
The Greek businessman is the author of a book entitled Women in Trousers: A Rear View, which contains photographs and a commentary about women's behinds.
"Walk along any street and you see women using trousers like a uniform every single day," he has written. "This is hostile behaviour - they are deliberately dressing in a way that is opposite to what men would like.
"It is behaviour that flies against commons sense, and also flies against the normal human desire to please."

Eh?

His internet writings include the suggestion that unwed mothers are "naughty girls" who should be given a "smack".

Try it near me and someone will need an ambulance....

It also suggests "date rape" allegations "mean nothing" since because there is "no violent act it is difficult to know whether any rape took place".
"Feminists have convinced women that if they make love with a man, and it is not satisfactory, then it must have been rape," the blog says. "Of course, such allegations cannot be taken seriously, and they do great harm by persuading women that they have been “raped” when they have not."

And he's given UKIP £10,00, do Farage will fucking love him.  You know, it shouldn't be headline news when a member of UKIP is seen making a fascist salute:  It should be headlines when one of them is revealed NOT to be a Nazi!
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Art Vandelay

Re: More UKIP lunacy
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:44:24 am »
So he not only wrote a book solely about how women's asses don't look good in trousers (in his opinion, naturally), but it actually got published? What publisher would read that and think "yes, this is something that will sell well and we want associated with our company"?

Saturn500

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:52:18 am »
Probably a Vanity publisher.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:09:14 am »
Is this guy an actual ukip member or just a donor, cos if hes just a donor i dont see why ukip has anything to do with it.

Also...is he unaware of twerking and the multitudes of crappy rap music out there about tight jeans showing off asses
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:10:55 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:56 am »
Well, he's not a huge donor per se, but his funding means he can have influence in that he gets in at meet-the-candidate gatherings, and considering the local scale is where these reactionary parties get their forest fires started, it's concerning. Since UKIP is gaining momentum, I like that the press is "outing" these troglodytes who pull the marionette strings.

Really, this guy just needs to listen to his embarrassed grand kids, "Oh puh-leeeeze shut UP, Gramps!".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 01:18:17 pm »
One question...

...why is a Greek man donating his money to UKIP?

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »
Demetri Marchessini, who gave two donations of £5,000 each to Ukip this year, suggests women should wear skirts because it is more pleasing to men.
The Greek businessman is the author of a book entitled Women in Trousers: A Rear View, which contains photographs and a commentary about women's behinds.
"Walk along any street and you see women using trousers like a uniform every single day," he has written. "This is hostile behaviour - they are deliberately dressing in a way that is opposite to what men would like.
"It is behaviour that flies against commons sense, and also flies against the normal human desire to please."

Counterpoint: http://www.girlsinyogapants.com/ (NSWF)

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »
One question...

Britain has a large Greek community.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 07:14:35 pm »
One question...

Britain has a decent-sized anything community, although most of these communities are in London, Birmingham or notably multiethnic areas such as Leicester or Bradford. The UK as a whole is still around 82% white, although you'd never guess this if you read certain newspapers. Or indeed, vote for UKIP.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:04 pm »
Demetri Marchessini, who gave two donations of £5,000 each to Ukip this year, suggests women should wear skirts because it is more pleasing to men....

Women were not put on this planet to please men or vice versa, baklava-brain!

And lady butts are far more pleasing in pants! Those curves...that plumpness...that round peach....Okay, I'm being weird, now.

If by "pleasing" he means, "Cover up cuz your butts cause us to lust!" then I'll understand. Still stupid to the Nth degree but at least I'll "get" the faulty logic.

Most guys would say that a pleasing she-butt is something one can see, rather than obscured by a skirt.

As for me, I find myself checking-out cute guy's man-buns on a regular basis (though at least I'm civil about it)....darn that present-day lose-pants trend. The guys are on to us, I tell ya! MAKE TIGHT GUY-PANTS "COOL" AGAIN, DAMMIT!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 12:12:52 am »
One question...

That doesn't answer my question at all, I think everyone has misunderstood my point.  Why is an immigrant, or at least the descendant of immigrants, donating money to a party that's, shall we say, not exactly known for it's pro-immigration policies?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:03:56 pm by Katsuro »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »
That doesn't answer my question at all, I think everyone has completely missed my point.  Why is an immigrant, or at least the descendant of immigrants, donating money to a party that's, shall we say, not exactly known for it's pro-immigration policies?

Probably due to the "I got mine, fuck them" mindset. I've witnessed the same attitude from very conservative Cuban Americans, and other Latinos. Thankfully, that attitude is dying off with the generations passing the baton.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
That doesn't answer my question at all, I think everyone has completely missed my point.  Why is an immigrant, or at least the descendant of immigrants, donating money to a party that's, shall we say, not exactly known for it's pro-immigration policies?

Probably due to the "I got mine, fuck them" mindset. I've witnessed the same attitude from very conservative Cuban Americans, and other Latinos. Thankfully, that attitude is dying off with the generations passing the baton.

Basically that.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »
Most likely he has contempt for certain immigrant groups that the UKIP naturally opposes, probably Pakistanis. Either he doesn't know about or ignores the fact that extreme white British nationalists feel the same way about him.