Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512132 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5160 on: November 03, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »
I'm giving Hitman 2 another playthrough. A few of the levels are a bit shit, but the good ones more than make up for it. Also, there are few things more satisfying than killing both of your targets with a single bullet from the other side of the map, and nobody even noticing.

Blood Money is still my favorite Hitman game.  I only wish we could play the BM levels as contracts in Absolution. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5161 on: November 03, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »
I really ought to get around to playing the other Hitman games...though, I am quite fond of Absolution.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5162 on: November 04, 2014, 06:49:20 am »
So over the past few days, I've learned that Race into Space ranks #1 on my list of games that make me want to hurl my laptop through a window.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5163 on: November 04, 2014, 04:33:04 pm »
I really ought to get around to playing the other Hitman games...though, I am quite fond of Absolution.

Just an FYI, Blood Money is the easiest of the games.  The missions in SI and Contracts vary from challenging to incredibly frustraing.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5164 on: November 04, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »
Don't bother me none, easy can be fun, so long as its designed well.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5165 on: November 04, 2014, 08:01:18 pm »
Blood Money is challenging enough if you go for Silent Assassin rank on every mission and the levels are for the most part decently open and non-linear. I personally prefer Hitman 2's difficulty (if not the level design), but Blood Money is hardly a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5166 on: November 05, 2014, 04:45:32 am »
Yeah, just strolling around a neighborhood slaughtering every single person while dressed as a clown is worth the price of the game!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5167 on: November 05, 2014, 02:14:26 pm »
Yeah, just strolling around a neighborhood slaughtering every single person while dressed as a clown is worth the price of the game!

That actually kinda makes me think.

Makes me wonder about playing the Thief games as a bloodthirsty murderer instead of a pacifistic professional thief.  Playing on Easy, obviously, because playing on Hard would just result in an instant game over.

I know that the Thief fan community would collectively shit their pants in rage over someone playing the game wrong, but that's practically part of the fun right there.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5168 on: November 05, 2014, 03:46:26 pm »

Makes me wonder about playing the Thief games as a bloodthirsty murderer instead of a pacifistic professional thief.  Playing on Easy, obviously, because playing on Hard would just result in an instant game over.

I know that the Thief fan community would collectively shit their pants in rage over someone playing the game wrong, but that's practically part of the fun right there.

I was tempted to get the new Thief for the 360 in the future, but I never knew you could be that bloodthirsty and sadistic.  I might have to add that to my future games list.  One question though about Thief; is it like Hitman where once you complete a mission, you can go back and replay it with stuff you've gained from previous missions?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5169 on: November 05, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »

I was tempted to get the new Thief for the 360 in the future, but I never knew you could be that bloodthirsty and sadistic.  I might have to add that to my future games list.  One question though about Thief; is it like Hitman where once you complete a mission, you can go back and replay it with stuff you've gained from previous missions?

I don't know about the most recent one, but the previous generation, including Deadly Shadows?  Nope, not without either cheating or level editing.  DS drops the "bag of spilling" thing, but also drops the rope arrows and much of the freedom.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5170 on: November 05, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »
Thief encouraged you to use your resources by taking them away at the end of each level.

In fact, there's only a single level in Thief 2 where your stuff carries over from one level to the next - and it will make sense in context.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5171 on: November 05, 2014, 05:46:52 pm »
Decided to play Hell Revealed with Brutal Doom. Oh, boy. Was that ever a mistake.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5172 on: November 06, 2014, 01:39:21 am »
I restarted Wasteland 2 after running into dead end and having no way to defeat my enemies and turns out that I had chosen a much higher difficulty level than previously thought... Now the enemies are actually dropping the local currency. I might be able to afford gear for my squad! Also the enemies seem to die much easier.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5173 on: November 07, 2014, 05:27:08 am »
Finished Hitman 2 with a Silent Assassin rank on every mission except for St Petersburg Revisited (which I'm pretty sure is impossible, at least not without a second run so you can take some anesthetic along) as well as every single weapon collected. All in all, I'd say I've done a good job.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5174 on: November 07, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »
Finished Hitman 2 with a Silent Assassin rank on every mission except for St Petersburg Revisited (which I'm pretty sure is impossible, at least not without a second run so you can take some anesthetic along) as well as every single weapon collected. All in all, I'd say I've done a good job.

Nice job!