Author Topic: The Atheist should self censor.  (Read 46325 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: The Atheist should self censor.
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »
or maybe the fact that they were Christian isn't important at all
It's only important in that part of Nazi reasoning was based on Christian anti-Semitism, and that AE's argument was that they were atheists.

Well let's put it to the test, shall we?

Contention 1: Islam is just Atheism in a funny costume.  The inherent hatred of Christ is alive in both groups.
Contention 2: The Holocaust was in large part due to the Atheist hatred of Jews and Christians

If these are both true, the Atheist community would be steadfast in its support of Palestine and highly critical of western support of Israel.

Funny, that's exactly what we see, eh?

Yup, just ask DogmasDemise
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:43 pm »
Bravo, askold.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2013, 04:21:41 pm »
Um except Islam started 600 years after Christianity was started.

So they created it and then didn't bring it into being until the time was right!

The plot thickens!

I think you're onto something scotsgit. I think they probably did the same thing with Judaism. After all it's only aim is to distract people from the one true faith of Anglicanism. All hail Henry the VIII. Clearly the greatest of the prophets and the seal of the prophets.

Don't forget James VI & I.
It gets even better! Since everything that's not Christianity is atheism, and atheism is really satan worship, and satan worship acknowledges God and Jesus as it rebels against them...

Everyone is a Christian!

Of course, but it goes deeper.  Atheists prophesized Christianity before it even existed and set up obstacles ahead of time.  The prophesies had to come from somewhere -- God -- which makes the God of atheism the true god (until, upon being discovered, he disappeared in a puff of logic).  Our troll is really an atheist trying to undermine the true religion, which is also why he projects so many of his own opinions and beliefs onto atheists...

Is that James I of Scotland?  It would show that they went back forth through time!

Truly this is an epic plot!

Hey guys, can I join the quote pyramid? :D
I wanna join in, too!

Only if you bring chocolate.
Yo dawg, I heard you like quotes, so we put quotes in your quotes so you can read while you read.

Seeing as we're all here together, shall we have a sing-a-long?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Saturn500

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »

So they created it and then didn't bring it into being until the time was right!

The plot thickens!

I think you're onto something scotsgit. I think they probably did the same thing with Judaism. After all it's only aim is to distract people from the one true faith of Anglicanism. All hail Henry the VIII. Clearly the greatest of the prophets and the seal of the prophets.

It gets even better! Since everything that's not Christianity is atheism, and atheism is really satan worship, and satan worship acknowledges God and Jesus as it rebels against them...

Everyone is a Christian!

Of course, but it goes deeper.  Atheists prophesized Christianity before it even existed and set up obstacles ahead of time.  The prophesies had to come from somewhere -- God -- which makes the God of atheism the true god (until, upon being discovered, he disappeared in a puff of logic).  Our troll is really an atheist trying to undermine the true religion, which is also why he projects so many of his own opinions and beliefs onto atheists...

Is that James I of Scotland?  It would show that they went back forth through time!

I wanna join in, too!

Yo dawg, I heard you like quotes, so we put quotes in your quotes so you can read while you read.

Oh, let's gather round the campfire and sing our campfire song...

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2013, 04:36:49 pm »

The plot thickens!

Everyone is a Christian!

I wanna join in, too!

All together now....

Saturn500

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2013, 04:42:22 pm »

The plot thickens!

Everyone is a Christian!

I wanna join in, too!

All together now....
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song. And if you don't think we can sing it faster then you're wrong.

But it'll help if...you just sing...along...

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2013, 04:44:46 pm »

The plot thickens!

Everyone is a Christian!

I wanna join in, too!

All together now....
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song. And if you don't think we can sing it faster then you're wrong.

BUMMM BUMM BUMMMM....
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2013, 04:45:21 pm »

The plot thickens!

Everyone is a Christian!

I wanna join in, too!

All together now....

I thought we'd have a chorus of "The tracks on the Land Raider"?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2013, 08:19:18 pm »
The Holocaust was in large part due to the Atheist hatred of Jews and Christians

lol, atheist Jew here. Also, a lot of Nazis - in fact, I'd say most of them - were Christian.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2013, 11:39:07 pm »
The Holocaust was in large part due to the Atheist hatred of Jews and Christians

lol, atheist Jew here. Also, a lot of Nazis - in fact, I'd say most of them - were Christian.

Well obviously you're just a self-hating Jew and don't count! /sarcasm
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2013, 02:23:14 am »

Well obviously you're just a self-hating Jew and don't count! /sarcasm

Nothin' I hate worse than a Jew who doesn't appreciate her own rich heritage.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2013, 07:10:54 am »

The Nazi party was given practically unanimous power over Germany in 1933.  Who voted him into power?  Atheists?  It's pretty interesting to read some of his speeches.  I don't think a single atheist would elect someone who used that much Jesus speak.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2013, 07:35:58 am »

The Nazi party was given practically unanimous power over Germany in 1933.  Who voted him into power?  Atheists?  It's pretty interesting to read some of his speeches.  I don't think a single atheist would elect someone who used that much Jesus speak.

Unskeptical skepticism always make me smile.  It is in essence no different from things that were (and I guess still are) being said about the current US president.  Professing a belief in christianity to aid your chances of election and actually being a christian are not the same thing. 

You'd be wise not to take the words of politicians at face value.
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2013, 08:03:44 am »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2013, 08:07:50 am »

Unskeptical skepticism always make me smile.  It is in essence no different from things that were (and I guess still are) being said about the current US president.  Professing a belief in christianity to aid your chances of election and actually being a christian are not the same thing. 

You'd be wise not to take the words of politicians at face value.

That in no way addresses Wykked Wytch's point. The point was that atheists would not vote for someone who invoked religion so much, so the people who supported him and voted for him would have been Christians not atheists; basically the people who made him powerful were Christians (mostly white, protestant males if I remember my History degree correctly). Whether or not Hitler genuinely considered himself a Christian or not is irrelvent to the  argument Wykked Wytch was making.

And using religion and/or atheism to explain the horrors of Nazi Germany and how the Nazis got into power is such a massive over simplification of the complicated series of events, myths, ideologies, and economic and political climates involved that doing so, regardless of who you are, makes you look like a damned fool.

Also, not entirely relevant but I feel worth noting anyway, is many of the people who helped Nazis escape to South America were Vatican cardinals and officials.

Edit: To be clear, by "myths" I mean things like the "Stab in the Back" - the belief that Germany and her military forces were so superior to their enemys' she couldn't possibly have lost the first world war unless she'd been betrayed by either Jews, the the political leaders of the Weimar Republic or both.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:27:40 am by Katsuro »