Author Topic: Ariel Castro Commits Suicide in Prison  (Read 8313 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Ariel Castro Commits Suicide in Prison
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:46 am »
Well... depending on what one believes, I don't think he's having much of a fun time right now.

Name one belief system in which he IS having a fun time right now.

I dunno, Slaneesh seems to like this kind of stuff.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:30 am »
Yes, but unless Ariel Castro was a dyed-in-the-wool follower, I don't think he's enjoying having his very soul sodomized with a 20-km dildo.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

wrightway

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 10:30:24 am »
It was on the local news yesterday that the death has been deemed suspicious and is being investigated.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:31 am »
The plot thickens, eh?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »
It was on the local news yesterday that the death has been deemed suspicious and is being investigated.

I suspected as much, even if I previously went along with the "suicide" thing. Something's fishy & someone, understandably, had it out for the slimeball. We'll see what happens...suicide or revenge.

wrightway

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-reviewing-ariel-castros-prison-cell-suicide-063353177.html

Ohio prisons spokeswoman JoEllen Smith said two reviews ordered Wednesday by Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Director Gary Mohr were underway. One inquiry will look into the suicide itself, and the other is examining whether Castro received proper medical and mental health care leading up the suicide.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 08:32:14 pm »
faux wishes other people would off themselves

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »
Why are they investigating? This is one of those things where, if sanity prevails, you look the other way and whistle.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 09:36:25 pm »
Because you can't pick and choose what is investigated and frankly it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

With that said, even if there wasn't suspicion of foul play I'm sure someone somewhere would have cried it. And generally I like to make sure of the story of how someone died.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:38:45 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 12:32:35 am »
Why are they investigating? This is one of those things where, if sanity prevails, you look the other way and whistle.

Even if you wish to argue that killing a sufficiently evil person is perfectly alright (regardless justifications of preventing them from doing further evil, since he was in prison and was going to stay there), do try to imagine this from a general policy of view:

If the (possible) murder of people past some morality line is not investigated, that creates an incentive to frame a target as being a horrible person and then killing them.

If there's a chance that something that the system should prevent (prisoners being murdered) happened anyway, that indicates a possible flaw in the system that should be looked into. Because the next time, it might not be a complete monster that gets killed.

If you allow too much discretion on such things not to be investigated, you risk that power being abused not to investigate serious issues because of corruption or personal involvement or whatever.

I have no strong opinion either way on whether it was suicide, mind you.

I know you like to go all 'kill them all and leave their heads on pikes as a warning' for people like this, but there are reasons we prefer a civilized society to not do these things. I'm not gonna rehash every argument I've made on every thread about this, just try to think about the likely side-effects of the actions you advocate, if you look beyond the specific act and into what the world looks like, if that's what we do in every case that is similar to this one.
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:48 pm »

Even if you wish to argue that killing a sufficiently evil person is perfectly alright (regardless justifications of preventing them from doing further evil, since he was in prison and was going to stay there), do try to imagine this from a general policy of view:

If the (possible) murder of people past some morality line is not investigated, that creates an incentive to frame a target as being a horrible person and then killing them.

If there's a chance that something that the system should prevent (prisoners being murdered) happened anyway, that indicates a possible flaw in the system that should be looked into. Because the next time, it might not be a complete monster that gets killed.

If you allow too much discretion on such things not to be investigated, you risk that power being abused not to investigate serious issues because of corruption or personal involvement or whatever.

I have no strong opinion either way on whether it was suicide, mind you.

I know you like to go all 'kill them all and leave their heads on pikes as a warning' for people like this, but there are reasons we prefer a civilized society to not do these things. I'm not gonna rehash every argument I've made on every thread about this, just try to think about the likely side-effects of the actions you advocate, if you look beyond the specific act and into what the world looks like, if that's what we do in every case that is similar to this one.
I agree, there is a big slippery slope, and it would turn out bad. In cases without a hint of grey/gray like this one, though, I have a hard time complaining about it happening. If it was someone claiming she was raped and he was found guilty, I'd say investigate, because there's a chance he's innocent anyways. However, this one has no wiggle room, so I'm pretty apathetic about it. When you rob three people of their lives, and let's be honest here, they're not going to be able to live a normal life, ever, but at best, something approaching it, in such a horrible and evil fashion, I'd like to have been the one to deal with him. If he had just killed them, he'd be less evil in my eyes. What he did was inflict a fate worse than death on three innocent people when they were extremely young, ruining what will be a combined over 200 years of life (as in, add up the three girls' natural lifespans, he ruined all that). I personally am only unhappy he didn't suffer longer, because, well, the aforementioned stuff.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

wrightway

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 08:19:25 pm »
What the blue fuck did I just read?!

Edited because I can't fucking type lately.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:10:19 pm by Brain Fritz »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »
Fox, can you not.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 10:38:28 pm »
Whether Castro was a born monster or a made monster....he was a monster. The Doc made his case fairly eloquently, for a Fox Spews team member. I find it funny to realize that his editorial would be considered by Fox to be liberal commie blurp if it was published by another news site, say ABC or CNN, especially if written about Wayne Williams.  He has a few talking points, though. Many abusers and sociopaths are molded into that persona by personal experience on the victim side of the equation. But saying Castro was not a monster? Nope, cannot fathom that take on it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.