Author Topic: Shooting spree in DC  (Read 10416 times)

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Shooting spree in DC
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
Let's not jump to conclusions before we have all the facts.

This lets me out.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »
This is sad to see. And I prefer not to do the whole "Republicans teabaggers GUNS GUNS blah blah blah" nonsense when we're still getting facts about the story. It's kinda irritating and disrespectful.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 07:07:16 pm »
This is sad to see. And I prefer not to do the whole "Republicans teabaggers GUNS GUNS blah blah blah" nonsense when we're still getting facts about the story. It's kinda irritating and disrespectful.

I have to agree as well. Let's wait until the information gets out before we start making accusations.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:36 pm »
So they do know that one of the shooters is dead, and he was a former Naval Reservist. They think there were two shooters, the second was described as a middle aged man wearing military style clothing.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »
Sorry about doing that. I doubt the teabaggers had anything to do with the shooting itself; I was more describing what their most likely reaction to it would be.

But yeah, that was a bit too soon.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 08:29:45 pm »
Civilian gun laws don't enter into this. I'm going to assume those weapons were taken from a military armory. So the military might want to take another look at keeping track of its guns, and of course we really need to reform our mental healthcare system.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 08:34:49 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »
Wow. He was smart, handsome, a geek, and a veteran who didn't get the help he needed with a case of PTSD that goes all the way back to 2001. The rage episodes sound eerily similar to the symptoms a former marine, Charles Whitman, who sniped people from a clock tower at University of Texas, suffered from. His were probably from a brain tumor, though. This guy today? Fuck. Another total failure of the mental health care "system", just like Sandy Hook, just like Aurora, just like...basically all of 'em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 09:01:49 pm »
Civilian gun laws don't enter into this. I'm going to assume those weapons were taken from a military armory. So the military might want to take another look at keeping track of its guns, and of course we really need to reform our mental healthcare system.

Mental healthcare is the #1 problem when it comes to crazies getting their hands on things that they shouldn't. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the authorities to even CONSIDER putting someone on a "do not sell guns to" list, and somewhat less effort for the "do not let them into the military" list due to mental disability or illness. The usual argument against it is a Slippery Slope fallacy, but they do make some good points: who determines what the criteria are for "too crazy"? Do they need to display violent tendencies in the past? Because not all people willing to commit harm are raging psychopaths who pull the wings off flies. Depression and suicidal thoughts? That seems downright common nowadays.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:42 pm »

The news is now reporting that he showed up at the base with a shotgun, then killed a guard and took his rifle and then killed a cop and took his pistol. This guy was bugfuck nuts.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »

The news is now reporting that he showed up at the base with a shotgun, then killed a guard and took his rifle and then killed a cop and took his pistol. This guy was bugfuck nuts.

Soooo he was a video game character?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 10:04:07 pm »
Well, he was reportedly "obsessed" with "violent video games."  ::)
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

Oh for fuck's sake x_x
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:15 pm »

Let's get Jack Thompson on the case!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 10:11:25 pm »

Let's get Jack Thompson on the case!

Actually, I think that the courts are so sick of him that if he ever shows up as an attorney again, they'll just sentence him to death.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!