Author Topic: gas leak(?) at furry convention  (Read 6667 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: gas leak(?) at furry convention
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 05:02:49 am »
...really, dude?

Think he was joking, homeboi.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 08:44:30 am »
But what if a Brony just likes the cartoon show and does not identify as an talking sentient pony? And doesn't even use a pony avatar or roleplay ponies?

Because I thought that a big part of being a furry was having a "fursona."
I was thinking the same. I can certainly understand labeling cloppers as furries. Bronies in general though, not so much. If the Bronies who aren't interested in fucking or identifying as a cartoon horse are furries, then so are all the kids who also like the show and for whom it was made in the first place.

Because the base definition for a furry is 'likes/watches/appreciates sentient, non-human characters".  This VERY loose definition encompasses everything from Smaug to Donald Duck to Twilight Sparkle to Nuku Nuku.  Fursonas ARE a thing in the furry fandom, but it's not always true... just mostly.  Do you play Jak and Daxter FOR Daxter's antics? furry.  Bought a brushable Rainbow Dash from Toys R Us? furry.  Enjoy Log Horizon for Nyanta? furry.  It applies in a very broad sense.

Yeah, that's way too broad. People who enjoy Bugs Bunny cartoons are not furries purely for that reason alone. Kids who watch Little Bear are not furries.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 12:26:55 pm »
Yeah, I'll admit, the definition could use an update (the original definition came from the early 70's, for what that's worth), and this is coming from someone that's been in the furry fandom proper since they were nine.

I guess, at least to me, it's closer to "I enjoy this more if they were talking, or reasonably sentient animals"

So... Robin Hood, Fox and the Hound, My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Log Horizon... all of that qualifies.  I enjoy it MORE for the intelligent animal species.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »
Anyone who say's they're a furry how about?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
....so is that in Karsite?