Author Topic: terrorist attack in paris  (Read 14084 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: terrorist attack in paris
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:22 am »
Yeah, give them a few days. Thankfully, the French are rational enough that they probably won't act on their impulses. Another advantage over my country.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:12 am »
Wow, that's a special kind of bloodlust you have there given that you're willing to involve nukes in this shit.

yeah, i'm angry. i'll calm down in a few days. this is why i tend to avoid posting when i'm having an angry moment. also, i say we grab the heads of daesh and let them die of radiation poisoning.

... i'm doing it again, aren't i?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:07 am »
This to be expected, home.  May as well let it out instead of letting it fester.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2015, 12:12:29 pm »
I think I recall similar sentiments after 9/11 from Americans.

Ironbite-lotta people calling for the glassing of the Middle East.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2015, 12:23:29 pm »
On any right wing website, you still see it on a daily basis. That being said,  the whole idea of "nuking" people does rub me the wrong way, mostly because my bro in law's mom was a Hiroshima survivor and she had medical problems up the wazoo due to it, up until the day she passed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:25:00 pm by nickiknack »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 12:51:19 pm »
@ironbite: oh, i don't wanna glass the middle east. just irradiate those sorry excuses for human flesh that are responsible for this. it's one of the most horrible things i can wish on someone. besides, the residents and the ground aren't responsible. i may be feeling particularly bloodthirsty right now, but i'm still holding on to some semblance of humanity, in that i'm trying to direct my anger towards the perpetrators of this attack.

@nicki, i apologize, i didn't mean to offend, if any offense was had. i'm venting, raging, and grieving in equal amounts, so i'm not at my most rational.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »
It's ok, you're good. I understand you're just pissed beyond belief and venting.  Actually it's the Truthers that are coming out of the woodwork over this attack that are offending me.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2015, 06:21:43 pm »
hey, tipex, any losses on your end? is everyone ok?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2015, 01:55:22 am »

@askold: very well said, on the other hand it might cause some to try and distance themselves as much as possible from the terrorists, like what the association of the imams of france are probably doing right now.

Even if some do, I remember hearing the some statistic on the numbers that supported the idea of Sharia enforced by the government and thought positively of Daesh, and they were high enough to be worrying. I don't remember the exact number of hand.

It won't matter to the far right asshats but it's looking like the passport that they found near one of the terrorists is probably a fake

I've been hearing that regardless of the passport, three of them sneaked back into Europe from Syria as refugees. Apparently one was even rescued from a sinking boat.

Wow, that's a special kind of bloodlust you have there given that you're willing to involve nukes in this shit.

I not the least bit averse to turning Raqqa into glass.

On any right wing website, you still see it on a daily basis. That being said,  the whole idea of "nuking" people does rub me the wrong way, mostly because my bro in law's mom was a Hiroshima survivor and she had medical problems up the wazoo due to it, up until the day she passed.

The solution I heard one expert mention was a quarter of a million troops and a decade long involvement in Syria alone. Like WWII, a nuclear weapon may be the lesser evil.

At this point the best situation would probably be if Assad regains control of the country. Is he a dictator who used chemical weapons on his own people? Yes, but he kept groups like Daesh from flourishing.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »
hey, tipex, any losses on your end? is everyone ok?
A friend from uni was shot in the leg. He's wouned but not gravely, he should be out of the hospital soon. My gf is in shock, but getting better. I know friends who've lost people, but I haven't.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 10:20:35 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
And I think it's safe to assume they are going after ISIS dark web sites, Inspire magazine and others like it, and the less well known social apps accounts besides Twitter, Instagram, SnatchChap ( :P), YikYak, etc.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2015, 12:22:41 pm »
Finnish magazine asked if the readers think that the police should be doing the same things that Anonymous is doing (probably as part of the campaign to get support for more digital espionage rights for the government...)

...The answer is still NOPE! ...I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that random vigilantees are taking down terrorist websites and twitter profiles but I seriously hope that the police won't get similar hacking rights without any kind of overwatch and legal hassle...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2015, 12:33:51 pm »
http://news.softpedia.com/news/one-day-later-anonymous-already-takes-down-3-824-pro-isis-twitter-accounts-496258.shtml

...Wow. Anonymous is doing much better than I thought.

And people were mocking Anonymous for only being a bunch of shitty newfags now who couldn't do shit to anyone, much less effect Daesh.

▲
▲ ▲

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2015, 12:01:00 pm »