Author Topic: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?  (Read 11495 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
You just don't know when to stop do you?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:35 pm »
You just don't know when to stop do you?

Not until he's all but confirmed the possibility that he's going to this meetup because Milo and Roosh told him to.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cletus

• Neonate
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:09 pm »
Someone did a documentary on MRA/Loveshy types.
https://vimeo.com/28466163
Anyone want to guess why all these lovely gentlemen are virgins?
If the people are anything like the guys in the documentary, this meet up is going to consist of a day of standing around awkwardly in corners and avoiding eye contact. Occasionally someone will yell out "fuck da feminazis, trump 2016", and get a couple murmurs.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 11:19:39 pm »
Someone did a documentary on MRA/Loveshy types.
https://vimeo.com/28466163
Anyone want to guess why all these lovely gentlemen are virgins?

Is it because the government hasn't rented them hookers to teach them how to talk to women yet? If is it because any of the girls who can help them lose said virginity are all attached to stupid alpha males whole all those poor nice guys are sick with fatties and uggos?

Or were you looking for the real answer instead of their answers?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 11:03:03 am »
"Grass eating men", as the Japanese call guys like these. I've seen the documentary before, and watched it again. Maybe it's just the unfulfilled granny within me, but I really feel sorry for all these guys. Most either suffer low self esteem from self-imposed habitual isolation, and there are some who clearly are not fairing well due to Asperger's. The stupid shit they believe is why they are unhappy. A lot of them seem to have way above average intelligence, but it's so terribly wasted and misapplied. Really, what these young'uns need is some solid grooming advice, some dentistry and dermatology treatment, some antianxiety meds, and shit loads of fresh air and sunshine. All that could make it easier for them to gain experience and confidence in social situations. The hateful shit they say about women is just warped, false bravado spouted out from shame about their angst. They resent what they "can't" (won't) achieve. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »
This cracked article is topical, 7 Ways You Can Accidentally Become A Social Outcast. If someone is feeling like they are at the bottom of the social pile then good advice can just sound like more snide put downs from the cool kids which in turn feeds their victim complex.

I get that getting Elliot Rodger types out of their online echo chambers where they feed each others bitterness and rage is in the public interest but it's not as easy as it looks. Last time they came to FSTDT proboards people gave them what's actually not bad advice. Get a shower, deal with your issues, actually talk to-you know, women. From an objective standpoint that's absolutely what they need to do. From the perspective of someone who's rage comes from every school bully who made them feel like shit and a social structure that told them they're worthless and is directing that hate towards the women they desire it can sound smug and condescending, hell sometimes it is. The Kiwi Farms thread certainly was.

In the end people giving them advice to get their house in order ended up getting frustrated and angry in the face of all the "NO-the deck is stacked against me. You don't UNDERSTAND". And those were just the people who were trying to help them in good faith. My fear is that all the contempt and scorn that these love-shy types generate feeds into their frankly dangerous victim and martyr complex.

I dunno what to do with this one. Advice gets hurled back at you, pointing and laughing might be feeding the already metastasizing hatred-polyps of another angry man who might someday direct violence against the objects of his desire. Anyone else? I'm stumped.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »
When they're that bad off, they need in-patient treatment. Cognitive therapy, healthy food, and some will need meds. An "Outward Bound" type program might help instill some self confidence and a sense of achievement, while getting them into better trim.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 07:04:52 pm »
Sadly many western countries, the US, Canada and Australia included make in-patient mental care bloody hard to get without a fistfull of dollars, and that's for people with full blown schizophrenia, bipolar and/or clinical depression let alone social anxiety.

Also, loneliness, bitterness and victim complexes aren't necessarily mental illnesses-though they can correlate with them. The problem with these guys lies in their outlook, and that's a social perspective not a phantasm bourne of mental illness.

I actually get why a lot of people choose to feel angry and blame society when they feel like this, it can feel a heck of a lot more empowering than admitting that you feel sad and blaming others is a lot less thorny than taking agency for your own life.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 08:56:52 pm »
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »
It was probably a good idea to cancel it though. I know Tol and Mellon have softer feelings about these guys but I can understand why people might want to beat the shit out of these guys. Although to conform with their world view, you would have to wait until you were in a private place with them before assaulting them.

Offline Mech610

• Sajuuk-Khar
  • Apprentice
  • Chosen of Sajuuk
    • Gaia Online Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 09:40:40 pm »
Here's confirmation from ROK as well;

http://www.returnofkings.com/79537/announcement-the-meetup-on-february-6-is-cancelled

My favorite part is that they're down in the comments claiming victory because this 'drove more people to Roosh's blog and filled his war chest'.
"Rasputin is my second favorite insane Russian mystic." ~ Youtube Commentator

GET THOSE ORPHANS AWAY FROM THE CHEMICAL FIRE!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »
...that's kinda awful actually. Any group should have the right to meet without fearing for their safety, even if they are PUAs or neomasculinists or whatever they call themselves.
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 09:58:17 pm »
I'd feel more sorry for them if they didn't themselves advocate keeping half the population in fear.

Some of them are quite dramatic. Reminiscent of something someone said here:

"As disheartened as I am about the cancellation of the meetups, we can learn from this debacle. I recommended to Roosh on twitter that we should have a process in place to screen men and only after they are vetted do they learn of meetups, strategy ect.....

We are men, we adapt and overcome any obstacle that has ever stood before us. This is what we do. I have no fear that the raw determination of those in our movement will be successful.

My 2 cents."

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 10:18:14 pm »
It was probably a good idea to cancel it though. I know Tol and Mellon have softer feelings about these guys but I can understand why people might want to beat the shit out of these guys. Although to conform with their world view, you would have to wait until you were in a private place with them before assaulting them.

My comment was specific to the boys in that documentary film posted earlier. Roosh and other savages like him can fuck right off and die.