Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1461872 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »
Yay, I beat Avadon: The Black Fortress. Went the loyalist route with a blademaster, so next time I play it, I'm going to opt for a traitor shaman or sorceress.

Now it's time to start working on either Avernum or Geneforge. I fucking love Spiderweb Software's games.

I did expect it. I thought I pointed that out. What I didn't expect was the amount.

Had something similar happen when I played Still Life. So many dead, gory boobs in that game.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »
So I played the demo for the original Painkiller after hearing some good reviews about it.  Some of the parts were kind of confusing, like one flying enemy who took me a while to figure out how to kill.  Overall though was very fun, and am downloading the full version through Steam as I type this.  Can't wait to play.  Especially since it has a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKopRpY8Mw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKopRpY8Mw</a>
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:40 pm »
Yay, I beat Avadon: The Black Fortress. Went the loyalist route with a blademaster, so next time I play it, I'm going to opt for a traitor shaman or sorceress.

Now it's time to start working on either Avernum or Geneforge. I fucking love Spiderweb Software's games.

I did expect it. I thought I pointed that out. What I didn't expect was the amount.

Had something similar happen when I played Still Life. So many dead, gory boobs in that game.

I misread that as Still Alive. XD Is Still Life good?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2012, 11:42:31 pm »
It's an interesting story. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some downsides. It was a bit cheesy at times (not to mention the gratuitous boobs) and the walking back and forth got redundant after a while. Plus, I would have liked to have had more control over the outcome. It felt more like interactive fiction, where you had to solve puzzles to advance the plot, as is typical of these sorts of point and click adventures.

One thing to keep in mind: The ending of the first game leaves a large chunk of the details unresolved, including one rather important plot point, forcing you to buy the second one if you want closure.

I haven't really had a chance to play Still Life 2 thanks to my computer being a piece of crap and refusing to run it properly.

Random, unrelated side-note: The voice acting in Dead Mountaineer's Hotel SUCKS. One character sounds like he's reading off a list of grocery items or something -- it has that same monotone and weird inflection you get when the teacher makes 5th graders take turns reading aloud from a book -- while another constantly sounds like he's angry or sarcastic, even when he's supposed to be acting friendly or soothing. It makes him (the alleged hero of the game) come across as a dick.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2012, 12:15:01 am »
Have a new hatred for Deathclaws.

Ironbite-also Boone is incredibly dumb at times

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:29 am »
Rar. Fucking bosses at the end of Anor Londo. I got so excited when i killed one and then its like "oh you gotta be fuckin kiddin me!"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2012, 02:54:25 am »
I was playing my Pokemon SS game again, and I found out my Clefable, Cuddles has enough EV to get the Effort Ribbon.  Now I just need to finish off his moveset (including giving him Frustration), p*** him off, and send him into the Battle Hall.  I'm not counting on him doing well, but it'll be fun to try.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:13 am »
I was playing my Pokemon SS game again, and I found out my Clefable, Cuddles has enough EV to get the Effort Ribbon.  Now I just need to finish off his moveset (including giving him Frustration), p*** him off, and send him into the Battle Hall.  I'm not counting on him doing well, but it'll be fun to try.

Isn't it easier to use Return instead? Since, well, it's easier to raise Happiness than to lower it. But if you insists, feed the thing a lot of Herbs and try . Also, if you have 2 DS/have a friend, trading resets Happiness back to its default level (around 70), so you could try that. Here's a more detailed FAQ about Happiness if you want more info.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2012, 06:06:37 am »
Sleeeeepy I'm stuuuuuck in Witcher 2. :(

Stupid Letho.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2012, 07:15:44 am »

Trust me, the Tunnelers in Lonesome Road are arguably WORSE.

They're introduced by a Deathclaw being easily killed by one!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2012, 10:17:49 am »
It's an interesting story. I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were some downsides. It was a bit cheesy at times (not to mention the gratuitous boobs) and the walking back and forth got redundant after a while. Plus, I would have liked to have had more control over the outcome. It felt more like interactive fiction, where you had to solve puzzles to advance the plot, as is typical of these sorts of point and click adventures.

One thing to keep in mind: The ending of the first game leaves a large chunk of the details unresolved, including one rather important plot point, forcing you to buy the second one if you want closure.

I haven't really had a chance to play Still Life 2 thanks to my computer being a piece of crap and refusing to run it properly.

Random, unrelated side-note: The voice acting in Dead Mountaineer's Hotel SUCKS. One character sounds like he's reading off a list of grocery items or something -- it has that same monotone and weird inflection you get when the teacher makes 5th graders take turns reading aloud from a book -- while another constantly sounds like he's angry or sarcastic, even when he's supposed to be acting friendly or soothing. It makes him (the alleged hero of the game) come across as a dick.

oh it's a point and click. I haven't played one in a long time.

&

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:54 am »

(click to show/hide)

Don't have the DLC so I'm not worried bout them and also....that Deathclaw was suffering from Radiation sickness so it was weaker.

Ironbite-show me a Tunneler killing the Legendary Deathclaw and we'll talk

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2012, 12:22:22 pm »
Sleeeeepy I'm stuuuuuck in Witcher 2. :(

Stupid Letho.

I wish I could play. My desktop back home ran it, just not well. I only have lappytop now. :(
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Don't have the DLC so I'm not worried bout them and also....that Deathclaw was suffering from Radiation sickness so it was weaker.

Ironbite-show me a Tunneler killing the Legendary Deathclaw and we'll talk

Couldn't find a video on YouTube, have the Xbox 360 version (so no console usage to spawn a Tunneler and Legendary Deathclaw in the same location), and even if you could use the developer's console in the 360 version, my 360 controllers have stopped working, even with the batteries changed. But, really, Tunnellers are mainly dangerous because they come in swarms, whereas Deathclaws hit like trucks. It's really a matter of if you're better with crowd control (read: explosives) or killing a single enemy quickly.

Distind

« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2012, 01:45:12 pm »
Riot Shotguns also work wonders.

But, my fiancee's trying to talk me into doing a Torchlight 2 Give away, anyone else here interested in the game?