Author Topic: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT  (Read 16800 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 12:20:10 pm »
Wyvern, STFU.

And now they have discovered another body in the house.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/25/16125861-human-remains-found-at-home-of-gunman-who-ambushed-firefighters?lite

They suspect that it might be his sister.

Great. And here is where I despise plea bargains.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »
Wyvern, STFU.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/25/16125861-human-remains-found-at-home-of-gunman-who-ambushed-firefighters?lite

Well, plea bargaining keeps the court system from getting clogged, and there's also the 6th Amendment. They're a necessary evil.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Saturn500

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 02:23:27 pm »
Someone with a mental disorder who has access to guns. Hmmm. Now I wonder where you would find those two conditions most?

New York?

Somalia?

I'm glad you think you're in such exhalted company as a third world failed state stiff with UN peacekeepers beause the rule of law has failed.

Art lives in Australia.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »
In Art's defense, Everything There Tries To Kill You.

And I had a rather interesting discussion with my co-workers today about this topic.  The general consensus is that Obama's looking to bring back the assault weapons ban, and toughen it up.  A few of them are concerned with regards to a slippery slope, but they relaxed a little when I pointed out that the ban's been enacted before, and there wasn't any subsequent ban on, say, pistols.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »
Here in the UK random, unprovoked attacks on the emergency services (particularly the fire brigade for some reason) are extremely common...common enough that we've had government ad campaigns about it in the past. So whilst I'm not aware of any fatal attacks in the UK it saddens me to say that this story in no way suprises me.

And to answer your question about who the fuck does this sort of thing, I have one word to say:

Chavs.

<Edit> Or whatever the American equivalent is.

Rednecks, maybe?

With people like that, you have to wonder if the only things passing for thoughts that crossed their single dying neuron at the time was "hey, dose guyz dress funny!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »
Wyvern, STFU.

Well, plea bargaining keeps the court system from getting clogged, and there's also the 6th Amendment. They're a necessary evil.

Since when does that mean that I can't despise them? I'd like t' know.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
Wyvern, STFU.

Of course you can despise them. I don't like them myself, but as I said, they are a necessary evil--without them, the courts would be significantly more clogged.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »
Wyvern, STFU.

Of course you can despise them. I don't like them myself, but as I said, they are a necessary evil--without them, the courts would be significantly more clogged.

1) It wasn't necessary to point it out when all I was doing was saying I hate them.
2) I will continue to despise plea bargains because they make my future job a lot harder. And cause people to be mad at people like me but I can't change the system yet I will continue to be blamed for it.

At any rate, I hope the firefighters who lived get to go home soon, if they haven't been sent back already.

&

Distind

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39:27 pm »
I'm glad you think you're in such exhalted company as a third world failed state stiff with UN peacekeepers beause the rule of law has failed.

Please stop making snarky remarks about the status of a place I drive by on a regular basis. Some of us live there.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 12:37:07 am »
So as Distind can vouch the whole county is in mourning.  Also in addition to the two wounded firefighters there was a cop who got shot who was driving to work.  There was one good thing though the homes in that area are mostly vacation houses so they have a place to go

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 12:46:58 am »
So as Distind can vouch the whole county is in mourning.  Also in addition to the two wounded firefighters there was a cop who got shot who was driving to work.  There was one good thing though the homes in that area are mostly vacation houses so they have a place to go

Course there was.

&

Distind

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 11:02:44 am »
Just to mention it, drove past the station these guys were from yesterday. They've got their pictures up on the announcement board as a memorial to go along with the flags at half across most of the county.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 12:00:42 pm »
Here in the UK random, unprovoked attacks on the emergency services (particularly the fire brigade for some reason) are extremely common...common enough that we've had government ad campaigns about it in the past. So whilst I'm not aware of any fatal attacks in the UK it saddens me to say that this story in no way suprises me.

And to answer your question about who the fuck does this sort of thing, I have one word to say:

Chavs.

<Edit> Or whatever the American equivalent is.

Rednecks, maybe?

.... I just call them punks and shit-stains

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »
Saw the article. The shooter was a crazy older guy & he apparently murdered his sister, too! Here's what apparently went down.....

This is a suicidal psychopath who likes to kill for funzies.

He lived with his sister, whom he apparently couldn't stand.

He killed said sister, then set the house on fire, the fire wasn't just a trap, it apparently was to destroy evidence, including the body, hence the shooting of firefighters.

He then killed himself, the police found the sister's remains later.

He left a suicide note that said that he hated the world and that killing was what he did best.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 05:12:58 pm »
Saw the article. The shooter was a crazy older guy & he apparently murdered his sister, too! Here's what apparently went down.....

This is a suicidal psychopath who likes to kill for funzies.

He lived with his sister, whom he apparently couldn't stand.

He killed said sister, then set the house on fire, the fire wasn't just a trap, it apparently was to destroy evidence, including the body, hence the shooting of firefighters.

He then killed himself, the police found the sister's remains later.

He left a suicide note that said that he hated the world and that killing was what he did best.

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for information the rest of us already knew weeks ago.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."