Community > Religion and Philosophy

Real Life Fundies

(1/7) > >>

Jack Mann:
The drive to bring threads over continues!  And I thought this one had a lot of potential.

When I was growing up, I had a dog with polychromatic eyes.  Or rather, he had one polychromatic eye.  One was pure blue, while the other had the upper half brown, the lower half blue.  Some of my neighbors believed that he was possessed by the devil.  They never did anything to him, thankfully, but they sure as hell left our house alone.

Of course, the fact that he was a pretty large dog didn't hurt.

Miles11:
If I remember correctly, heterochromia was actually considered to be evidence of demonic possession or an otherwise inherent evil in a person. I always thought it was interesting.

As far as my own real life fundy story, I mostly just have the school I use and my grandmother, if you want overt religiousness.

My grandmother is, as I have learned over the past month or so, the type to burn a book because it was about a lesbian. And to force members of our family to attend 'revelation houses', which are essentially Hell Houses but not at Halloween.

Osama bin Bambi:
I don't know any IRL fundies per se but my conspiracy theorist dad could probably fill the mainpage for a few months.

N. De Plume:

--- Quote from: Jack Mann on January 04, 2012, 03:11:01 am ---When I was growing up, I had a dog with polychromatic eyes.  Or rather, he had one polychromatic eye.  One was pure blue, while the other had the upper half brown, the lower half blue.  Some of my neighbors believed that he was possessed by the devil.  They never did anything to him, thankfully, but they sure as hell left our house alone.

--- End quote ---
Was the dog a Husky or other breed where heterochromia is particularly common? If so your neighbors get bonus points for canine ignorance.

Osama bin Bambi:

--- Quote from: N. De Plume on January 04, 2012, 08:39:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jack Mann on January 04, 2012, 03:11:01 am ---When I was growing up, I had a dog with polychromatic eyes.  Or rather, he had one polychromatic eye.  One was pure blue, while the other had the upper half brown, the lower half blue.  Some of my neighbors believed that he was possessed by the devil.  They never did anything to him, thankfully, but they sure as hell left our house alone.

--- End quote ---
Was the dog a Husky or other breed where heterochromia is particularly common? If so your neighbors get bonus points for canine ignorance.

--- End quote ---

Dogs with heterochromia are cute. I love huskies. *glomps a husky*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version