Author Topic: The FQA Podcast  (Read 12161 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: The FQA Podcast
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 12:12:18 am »
So have we come up with a schedule for when we're gonna do this?  Cause if not I have a recommendation  of Saturday or Sunday nights since that seems like that would be the time when everyone has time off from whatever they are doing.

Offline Neith

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 09:39:12 pm »
4. We either need someone to make us some opening and closing music, find some public domain sounds and music, or find some on a stock sound and music that you have to pay for. I'd rather not deal with the potential copyright bullshit.

I'd like to add http://ccmixter.org/ to the pool of suggested music sites. Some of the music there can be used free for commercial purposes, if given proper attribution. There are also some base rhythms and what-not that can be added to by resident musicians here, and if someone can write some lyrics, I can sing a variety of styles from blues to metal.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:51 pm »
So have we come up with a schedule for when we're gonna do this?  Cause if not I have a recommendation  of Saturday or Sunday nights since that seems like that would be the time when everyone has time off from whatever they are doing.
Once I have the right equipment (a better mic), Sunday nights will probably work best for me, though that will be a ways off. The financial investment needed to start a home studio is staggering; even the low-end stuff is a couple grand total.
4. We either need someone to make us some opening and closing music, find some public domain sounds and music, or find some on a stock sound and music that you have to pay for. I'd rather not deal with the potential copyright bullshit.

I'd like to add http://ccmixter.org/ to the pool of suggested music sites. Some of the music there can be used free for commercial purposes, if given proper attribution. There are also some base rhythms and what-not that can be added to by resident musicians here, and if someone can write some lyrics, I can sing a variety of styles from blues to metal.
This, I'll be able to do soonest. Hell, I can do it with the school's computer lab. If I can save up enough to purchase the full version of Reason (the sampling software my class uses), I'd be able to work on it from home. That is the goal, obviously, but it's a bit difficult to save up $400 on minimum wage, part time. =/
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Neith

• Bishop
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 11:04:49 pm »
I don't envy your financial situation. Been there, done that, and hope your education will pay itself off quickly. I don't have the best recording equipment myself, but you might be surprised at the kind of recording you can get by hooking up a Micro BR to the mixer at karaoke. I think I paid about $200 for mine about 4 years ago, but I found one on eBay for $89 just now and it has a guitar jack, in case you want to look into getting one for yourself.